New Asst WR Coach: Devin Redd | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

New Asst WR Coach: Devin Redd

OK...this one bothers me... roughly 36 years old..OK no problem...
But where he's been...? Not to stunning a resume'.

Does Gadsden come back for this...?

What does an Asst WR coach do? Mostly just recruiting? And is this the first time Syracuse ever had an Asst WR coach on staff?
I know an Asst WR coach at a Big 10 program. they coach WR’s during practices running drills, teaching the playbook and game planning. Not focused on recruiting so much but def support recruiting activities.

Last edited:
My emoji translator says it is a sigh. So, is it a sigh of relief or exasperation?
Be more clear, please.

OK...this one bothers me... roughly 36 years old..OK no problem...
But where he's been...? Not to stunning a resume'.

Does Gadsden come back for this...?

lol he’s an assistant

Most assistants like this are from low ranks.

His priority is going to be recruiting

Y’all need to chill and give this man some time to work

I thought it was exhaling in relief but I guess some emojis have different meanings.

1701701173508.png

lol he’s an assistant

Most assistants like this are from low ranks.

His priority is going to be recruiting

Y’all need to chill and give this man some time to work
OK...is he THE WR coach...known as an assistant coach..?
Just like a RB coach or LBer coach?
Or is he an assistant to a WR coach ?

It's fine to be a position coach who can recruit. But that WR freshman recruit comes in looking to someone who can improve his ability/improve route running etc.

It's fine to be a position coach who can recruit. But that WR freshman recruit comes in looking to someone who can improve his ability/improve route running etc.
Why are so many people equating recruiting ability with lack of coaching ability?

It's called the "Locksley" effect.
I came down with a bad case of McFckit's Disease in the past. There's nothing to say good recruiters can't succeed, but it's okay to be a little apprehensive until they do.

That having been said, Fran's got just a ton of connections to Cuse I was unaware of (Darius, Deleone, Coyne) and while I don't know if he's going to succeed, he's convinced me that if he fails it won't be because he wasn't passionate about the school and the program.

Reading comprehension is extremely important.
.ASSISTANT WR coach. That means he isn't THE WR coach.

I had to ask a poster last night what a crispy J was. I had no idea that he was referring to sneakers.

Feel free to move this to the OT Getting Old thread!

Obviously a very stylish pair of Air Jordans duh (three high school kids here, the only reason I had even an inkling of a clue)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom