New Co-DC/LB Coach: Robert Wright [Official] | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

New Co-DC/LB Coach: Robert Wright [Official]

South Florida ties playing at Miami? Originally from North Carolina, maybe some in roads there as well.

I don't think he played at Miami ("a member of the football program"). He doesnt show up on their rosters. My guess is he was a student manager or support staff.

The heir apparent to follow him as DC once he leaves.
Yes. I can see that for sure. I can only see Eljiah trying to hire him away. Of course this all depends on the defense doing well.

Seeing what Mo Linguist has (or hasn’t really) done at UB gives me some pause on Fran. Great recruiter that made jump from positional coach to HC. Hasn’t worked out great there. We shall see how it turns out here. The early returns on Fran are great.

Interesting that UB football and SU football are somewhat connected with Robinson and Linguist relationship. And now Wright.

Seeing what Mo Linguist has (or hasn’t really) done at UB gives me some pause on Fran. Great recruiter that made jump from positional coach to HC. Hasn’t worked out great there. We shall see how it turns out here. The early returns on Fran are great.

Interesting that UB football and SU football are somewhat connected with Robinson and Linguist relationship. And now Wright.
He’s from Texas tho

I can see him also filling and Assistant Special Teams coach role for us as well.

What type of defensive scheme did he run in Buffalo? That could be a hint of things to come.

He's not running the defense it's Robinson. More than likely it's going to be a 4-2-5 base.
Obviously but who Erob brings in could perhaps be a system fit, especially when this new position coach was just a DC himself.

I would love to bring in Robb Smith to coach Special teams, if he's willing. He did a great job there in the past.

I would love to bring in Robb Smith to coach Special teams, if he's willing. He did a great job there in the past.
I know he is currently an analyst now, and may be aspiring to be a DC again - maybe he is willing to take a two year detour as ST guy here who helps with defensive game planning

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom