Class of 2018 - New Commit: Owen Hill (Hill Acad) Mid | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2018 New Commit: Owen Hill (Hill Acad) Mid

That's the picture from his Twitter. Iroquois West.
Yup. Our Hill is Iroquois West & Albany's is East. I like our Hill :)

IMG_0824.PNG

So I talked to our Owen Hill a bit more through twitter. He is friends with the other Owen Hill and he said the confusion happens constantly as you can imagine. So that BTB was in fact him yesterday. He looks like a promising young player.

So I talked to our Owen Hill a bit more through twitter. He is friends with the other Owen Hill and he said the confusion happens constantly as you can imagine. So that BTB was in fact him yesterday. He looks like a promising young player.

It appears for some reason that he is flying a bit under the radar. Obviously Vock was on him but I find it hard to believe we haven't heard more about this kid, perhaps the recruiting guys are confused as well. Luckily the staff was not this looks like a great commit then makes up for Scanlan de-committing. That BTB shot and goal was ridiculous and he put up some crazy stats at the Jr. Worlds. If you correspond to him more would be curious to know who else he had offers/interests from. Thanks!

It appears for some reason that he is flying a bit under the radar. Obviously Vock was on him but I find it hard to believe we haven't heard more about this kid, perhaps the recruiting guys are confused as well. Luckily the staff was not this looks like a great commit then makes up for Scanlan de-committing. That BTB shot and goal was ridiculous and he put up some crazy stats at the Jr. Worlds. If you correspond to him more would be curious to know who else he had offers/interests from. Thanks!
Yeah I discussed doing a potential interview with him, he said after lacrosse season, so be on the look out for that come May or or June.

Yeah I discussed doing a potential interview with him, he said after lacrosse season, so be on the look out for that come May or or June.

Sounds good, keep us posted.

Great work, detectives.

Edit: had just left soccer practice and tried catching up on all this. Twists and turns all over! Seriously, good stuff figuring this out.

Reason # 987 why Syracusefan.com is the best sport for SU fans. It also helps that the lax board has a fraction of traffic as the fball and bball board so the nuts that are on here do it right.

Reason # 987 why Syracusefan.com is the best sport for SU fans. It also helps that the lax board has a fraction of traffic as the fball and bball board so the nuts that are on here do it right.
Yeah I love this lax board, I'm always looking for sites with more Syracuse lacrosse coverage(college lax in general). Thanks to all who contribute.

Bomberry will graduate from Syracuse University next month with hopes that No. 45 will remain on the roster. He plans to pass the jersey on to Owen Hill, an incoming freshman who will be the third Hill Academy player to wear 45 with the Orange.

Hill is a slick player. Very intelligent. On the broadcast they mentioned that he is Sid Smiths cousin. I don’t know which position he will end up playing but as far as I can see he can play most short stick positions.

This box score refers to the SU commit from the Hill Academy as "Kevin Owen Hill."
You did it, my man! That's all the confirmation I needed. So, SU commit (Kevin) Owen Hill is playing box lacrosse this summer for Six Nation Jr. A, and so is Albany commit Owen Hill.

Nanticoke & Chauncey Hill are taking faceoff's. Albany may need them after losing TD.

28 Kevin Owen Hill, LT, Six Nations Arrows and Syracuse

Family ties run throughout the sport of lacrosse, but Kevin Owen Hill is a very different player than his cousin, Sid Smith. While Smith was one of the toughest defenders in the NLL, Hill's game is based more on speed. He uses his quickness, footwork and intelligence to play a pretty solid defensive game and displays a knack for knocking down passes. When he gets into open space, there aren't many players who'll catch him and he has good enough stick skills to contribute in transition or even stay up and play some effective offensive shifts. Hill averaged 2-plus points per game in his last two Jr B seasons and maintained a point-per-game-plus pace in two years of Jr A.

Last edited:
28 Kevin Owen Hill, LT, Six Nations Arrows and Syracuse

Family ties run throughout the sport of lacrosse, but Kevin Owen Hill is a very different player than his cousin, Sid Smith. While Smith was one of the toughest defenders in the NLL, Hill's game is based more on speed. He uses his quickness, footwork and intelligence to play a pretty solid defensive game and displays a knack for knocking down passes. When he gets into open space, there aren't many players who'll catch him and he has good enough stick skills to contribute in transition or even stay up and play some effective offensive shifts. Hill averaged 2-plus points per game in his last two Jr B seasons and maintained a point-per-game-plus pace in two years of Jr A.

Hope he does well. Dang a few of y'all did all that intense detective work to find the right Owen Hill and he never actually saw the field. Major bummer

It didn't seem like he was ever super productive offensively at the Hill Academy or in the OLA junior circuit, so I didn't expect much at SU. And I'm guessing he wasn't a good enough individual defender to make it at SSDM. I hope he does well in the NLL.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom