New DC: Tony White | Page 8 | Syracusefan.com

New DC: Tony White

I’m all in on this but am I to understand he doesn’t have DC experience? (Besides the last two months at ASU)

Obviously he has a ton of experience coaching the 3-3-5 is a stud recruiter so I’m not complaining. Was just curious about that.
That's how I take it, yes. But ASU was ready to move on him and make him defensive coordinator, so that's good enough for me

Incredible at the end of the day that HCDB may have landed his top choice all along. if not the #1 then definitely towards the top of the board and likely one of the names Long recommended.

White was Arnetts position coach in college. Good stuff.

I’d send White to NY/NJ, Philly, MD/DC and/or Florida.

KCSU, if I could quadruple like this post, I would
Thank you. I worked with actually did a ton of work years back with the NFL film guys. Group out of Philly called RPR. One of the principles and a mentor of mine is a former all pro top office exec with the Eagles. Long story short he says that Herm is as good a person as he has ever worked with. Dino seems the same. We are very fortunate to have the coaches and Admin we currently have on the Hill. Great Chancellor, BOT, AD and coaches. Good times ahead!

That's how I take it, yes. But ASU was ready to move on him and make him defensive coordinator, so that's good enough for me

Yes, I agree.

that’s what I think. Article even says Dino tried to get white before. Why didn’t he say I’m before of it was just to be near his mom? I think we upped the offers.
Are we assuming this is post-Ward? Maybe he tried to get White 3 years ago? That would make more sense. Otherwise the implication is that ADJW was not willing to open the purse for Dino’s #1 choice and only reconsidered when Dino’s fallback (Arnett) bailed on us.

Last edited:
Incredible at the end of the day that HCDB may have landed his top choice all along. if not the #1 then definitely towards the top of the board and likely one of the names Long recommended.

White was Arnetts position coach in college. Good stuff.

I’d send White to NY/NJ, Philly, MD/DC and/or Florida.
I'd send him to NYC and NJ, Ontario, and FL. Plus out West on rare occasions (ElPaso to SoCal)

This guy says it's the same deal as ASU. The Matt Barrie guy right above this post says significant salary increase. Which one has the better source?

I'd send him to NYC and NJ, Ontario, and FL. Plus out West on rare occasions (ElPaso to SoCal)

there is a ton of talent around philly and it’s an area we used to have a strong presence. White to me would fit that and do well there.

I’m good, new OC, DC , Scoreboard, lighting, sound, Two additional QBs . Let’s do it.

I LOVE the hires, I’ve been as hard as anyone on the QB recruits and I still don’t think the trend is heading in the right direction. However these are recruits picked by Gilbert, a guy who knows QB’s, so I’m confident we at least got the best prospects we could under the circumstances.

Stoked.

Curious if Monroe stays at DB's or what the move is there, seems possible White takes over LBs.

Accepting for a minute that Coach White is as good a recruiter as others have suggested elsewhere in this thread - I personally don't know anything about him - I'm sure having a newly renovated stadium might make him just a tad bit better.

As I wrote in the Arnett thread, I like the D we're installing and I'm glad others here feel we did indeed go out and find someone who can make it happen.

Good listen of White (w/o having to sign up for anything) discussing the process of switching to SU. Apparently, just got the SU offer last night

Hey, y'all that have talking about him recruiting the east, you might have missed this quote by his former boss:
“Tony’s area of expertise is the Los Angeles area and he will provide us a much-needed presence in that important area in addition to what we expect to be the continued development of our secondary.”

Stoked.

Curious if Monroe stays at DB's or what the move is there, seems possible White takes over LBs.
I would think Monroe will continue to coach the safeties. White will take over coaching the CBs for McCloud.

And we will look to fill the open LB coach spot that was once manned by Coach Ward.

Accepting for a minute that Coach White is as good a recruiter as others have suggested elsewhere in this thread - I personally don't know anything about him - I'm sure having a newly renovated stadium might make him just a tad bit better.

As I wrote in the Arnett thread, I like the D we're installing and I'm glad others here feel we did indeed go out and find someone who can make it happen.

Agreed -- think this is a great system for our team, in a situation where we struggle to field elite DL but have a much easier time recruiting quality / athletic back 7.

Also look forward to greatly improved tackling.

Good listen of White (w/o having to sign up for anything) discussing the process of switching to SU. Apparently, just got the SU offer last night
Man that was a great listen, Herm is a class act and White sounds the same. He is a perfect fit for Dino and company on simply a personality basis. Very humble and gracious super stoked about this hire.

Dino and JW are not only playing chess and us checkers but come to find out it was 3 dimensional chess at that.

Very exciting news and it's good to know they are going after what they want and need to make this program a top tier football program not only in the ACC but nation. Yep...I'm that excited about the moves they made.

On to the LB coach. I want that guy who was coaching LBs under Taggart at FSU. I assume however White will now be able to be a part of hiring his own guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom