New stadium a different twist | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

New stadium a different twist

but when games take 4 hours, that's a lot to stomach at once. especially in the context of going to a game. there might be some threshold where locals just don't want to lose the whole day.

College football needs to have a rolling clock like the NFL. Stopping the clock on every first down is just silly.

College football needs to have a rolling clock like the NFL. Stopping the clock on every first down is just silly.
Don't they only stop it long enough to move the chains?

Yes. But what for? Unnecessary

I kind of like that rule - probably mostly because of how often we have been playing from behind in the last several years :)

I think PSU's ice cream is funded by Ben and Jerry themselves
It probably is. I hear that they took correspondence ice cream making courses from PSU.

PSU ice cream is likely good at first but you can't get past the lingering aftertaste of shame and remorse.
They used to have a flavor called Sandusky Blitz (or something like that)

Nah. Mid to late 80's is when the students rocked it. In basketball, we had half the section in front of the blue curtain, plus the 2 sections right behind the basket, and spill over from that. The SSS was rated the #1 pep band. We were, loud, somewhat vulgar and entertaining.
I'm not going to argue with you because I wasn't around back then. But we filled 3 lower level sections and three upper level sections for most Nova/Gtown/Uconn games in that period and the team was top 5 in the country for a lot of it.

I was only using the example to discuss the previous post.

Its the same reason some people are religious. They don't like their current life..and feel the need to see a light at the end of the tunnel. Basketball gives Salt City people SUNSHINE in the harshest of winters. I don't mean no disrespect for any religious people out there btw.

Or they love their lives and are grateful and feel their blessings must be due to some higher power. Or they see too much wonder in the world to attribute it all to coincidence. Or...

Or they love their lives and are grateful and feel their blessings must be due to some higher power. Or they see too much wonder in the world to attribute it all to coincidence. Or...
Its cool..i respect everyone's right to believe whatever they want. I personally think PRINCE is a higher power...and he indeed is.

upload_2015-9-17_15-25-30.png

and by the way... alot of non-sports related things i may broach are completely for comedy..so no offense

Its cool..i respect everyone's right to believe whatever they want. I personally think PRINCE is a higher power...and he indeed is.

View attachment 50812

and by the way... alot of non-sports related things i may broach are completely for comedy..so no offense

None taken. Just giving equal time.

Ok... I would be fine with that. Wonder how much extra time that adds.
SU did their part the last few years. we just refused to get first downs to keep the pace of play up

The stadium in Lille that transforms is hosting the Euro championships. The game is on NBA TV right now if you want to see what it looks like for a basketball game.

Of course I was. I actually work most weekends, and adjust my schedule to make it. I'll work a midnight shift Friday night to make sure I get there. I was at Wake, and noticed a significant decline in the students section. Like I said, now that there are no free tickets for students, let's see how many show up on saturday. If I'm wrong, I will gladly come back here, respond to my own post, and eat crow...or at least type that I ate some crow...you'll just have to believe me.
Looks like crow will not be on the menu. No free tickets, and 10 minutes before kick off I see about a hundred or so students.

i have been to many games at PSU/WV which are good tailgateing places. I know alums. yes they have a good tailgate but the vast majority of people are not tailgating. the parking below the dome is better than the mud pit PSU has. I think if you trippled the parking around the dome you would still hardly cause a ripple on the number of people setting up outside.
tailgate1.jpg

Please don't make me do anything that could be construed as defending and/or praising PSU again. I'm going to go take a shower now.

tailgate1.jpg

Please don't make me do anything that could be construed as defending and/or praising PSU again. I'm going to go take a shower now.
No need. I don't get why this photo is indicative of good fun tailgating. While I am sure they will have a good time, I don't think my tailgating experience improves because these RVs are in the same lot as me. I know I am in the minority but I like the lots we have. Better choices. You could have this scene in Skytop which is probably as close to the stadium as this lot appears.

why did the school not give out free student tickets this past week? I looked down at the student section and it was almost like the students were rebelling, not very many kids showed up

why did the school not give out free student tickets this past week? I looked down at the student section and it was almost like the students were rebelling, not very many kids showed up
Because no school gives free student tickets. They amount to around $20 per game at Syracuse. Coyle gave free tickets the first two games, and kids showed up, however, come second half, most left. Why should the university continue to give free tickets to kids that would obviously rather be somewhere else?

Because no school gives free student tickets. They amount to around $20 per game at Syracuse. Coyle gave free tickets the first two games, and kids showed up, however, come second half, most left. Why should the university continue to give free tickets to kids that would obviously rather be somewhere else?
How do you know that no school gives away free tickets, with the amount that some of these kids are paying, tickets should be free anyway, who cares if the kids left at the half, you gotta build the student fan support some way

No PRIVATE school does..but many of the state schools do.

do you guys only tailgate in parking lots? when I look at a satellite view of your campus, I see tons of tailgating areas, although we don't really tailgate in parking lots, as we prefer grass and trees for our tailgating spots.

You can't charge students for season tickets and then turn around and give every game away for free. You screw hundreds of kids who spent money already. If they want to add football to the student fee and make it "free," I'd be all for it (and those talks happened with the previous administration, not sure where it got hung up), but you can't do it mid-season.

You can't charge students for season tickets and then turn around and give every game away for free. You screw hundreds of kids who spent money already. If they want to add football to the student fee and make it "free," I'd be all for it (and those talks happened with the previous administration, not sure where it got hung up), but you can't do it mid-season.
That's the way it used to be. But of course, that was before the Dome. BB too.

God, I'm old.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom