New TE Coach: Nunzio Campanile | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

New TE Coach: Nunzio Campanile

Believe safeties is the vacancy. Rocky has LB’s

That opening could be fluid depending on who we are able to attract.

Sure, Right now Long is penciled-in to coach LBs but that's why they make erasers.

Coach Long could probably coach any position, but seems to have the most experience with DB and LB. Which means we could bring in a LB coach and have Long coach the safeties. the safety position(s) might be the most intricate position(s) in the 3-3-5. All three safeties have different roles in the defense. And those roles can change depending on your personnel. Years ago at New Mexico Long converted a young linebacker to what we call the rover position. That player was Brian Urlacher who went on the become a Hall of Fame linebacker. On a side note, the DC on the that team was Bronco Mendenhall.

Long: DC/LB or DC/S
New Coach: S or LB.

I trust Long to put the best staff possible together.

Go Orange!

Last edited:
I think this was about as good as we could do for a Jersey recruiter given where we are as a program at the moment (obviously Fran Brown level guys are not an option). We obviously had to get someone who knows Jersey.

He has coached tightends in the past and tight end coaches traditionally aren’t most staff’s power recruiters so he should be above average there. I wouldn’t necessarily say it’s a homerun yet because I believe his Rutgers recruiting left a lot to be desired. He does have deep connections to north jersey and the parochial schools so we will find out soon if his Rutgers recruiting mediocrity was more of a Rutgers thing (good chance) or if he’s not the recruiter everyone expected. Hopefully he nails it for us.

Several points here:
1. As a mother of NJ Kids back in the day, many hate going to Rutgers. They say it is an extension of HS since so many do end up there from their HS classes. So, I am not worried or concerned if he pulled well in NJ to Rutgers.
2. Bosco and Bergen Catholic is all you need to know. Maybe the Camden area. But it all happens in metro NY in those 2 schools. They are 2 football powerhouses.

Hopefully his first recruit is Ole Miss freshman All American DB Davison Igbinosun who’s in the portal. From Union NJ. He recruited both brothers to Rutgers but Davison ended up flipping to Ole Miss.

Last edited:
Well, he was going up against swag Daddy.
He also had to try and overcome the Coach Schiano factor.

Greg is one of the most disliked coaches on the planet. It is close to impossible for any assistant coach to overcome that period of the visit when the recruit has to meet the head coach.

Schiano has that special blend of arrogance and incompetence that can only be compared to ‘Sex Panther’.

Last edited:
He also had to try and overcome the Coach Schiano factor.

Greg is the most disliked coach on the planet. It is close to impossible for any assistant coach to overcome that period of the visit when the recruit has to meet the head coach.

Schiano has that special blend of arrogance and incompetence that can only be compared to ‘Sex Panther’.

So good:)

Hopefully his first recruit is Ole Miss freshman All American DB Davison Igbinosun who’s in the portal. From Union NJ. He recruited both brothers to Rutgers but Davison ended up flipping to Ole Miss.

This would be fantastic if it happened but think he’s going to end up at a different SEC school

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KD95

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom