New TE Coach: Nunzio Campanile | Syracusefan.com

New TE Coach: Nunzio Campanile

Cusetown23

Walk On
1C7BFD78-8C24-457D-8516-9A0E8ADAB207.jpeg

I think a lot of us were hoping we could get Nunzio. At this point in the off-season I think it’s a great hire.
Deep deep New Jersey roots. D1 head coaching experience. High School head coaching experience.
A home run for TE coach.

We really needed to get someone on the staff with strong connections to the NJ and metro NY HS scene.

This is the kind of a hire Penn State, Pitt or BC have historically made and it makes it a lot easier to recruit these key areas.

I am sure he was a lot more expensive than the MAC level coach we typically have hired to fill this spot.

Great to see. AD John Wildhack (who got the money) and Coach Babers show again that Syracuse is serious about football. Great hire. I am very stoked about this.

One more position to here with the new safety. IMHO, this hire should also target a coach with strong recruiting chops. Ideally someone with strong ties to the metro DC/VIrginia region.

Both another guy with a Florida background would be great. Someone with strong ties to Georgia makes sense. A guy with ties to NC and SC would be great.

Not sure how tightly connected Coach Nunzio is with metro NYC and LI. I would be down with a coach with a strong background recruiting those areas as well.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RDembowski

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom