New TE Coach: Nunzio Campanile | Page 10 | Syracusefan.com

New TE Coach: Nunzio Campanile

Ok….so I’m starting to feel bad about sending some of you on a wild goose chase.

Here’s some more details about the Jersey guy I believe we’ll see at the dome this fall.

Non-traditional recruit.

He’s got family in Baltimore, a wife and kid I think.

Refers to everyone as “Jack”.

Was born to run.

I know - you guys wanna kill me now.

Think I'm going down to the Dome tonight, and I'm gonna drink 'til I get my fill.

I'll let you know for sure when I see him Feb. 1 and Feb. 5. :)
Show off. How’d you score both shows with that ticketing disaster. I ended up overpaying on secondary for Albany. I was tempted to do same for the opener - almost did it. They weren’t too bad compared to the NyC area shows.

Show off. How’d you score both shows with that ticketing disaster. I ended up overpaying on secondary for Albany. I was tempted to do same for the opener - almost did it. They weren’t too bad compared to the NyC area shows.
I don't know for sure. I was also able to score tickets for my daughter for Taylor Swift.

Ticketmaster likes me. :)

Do we know how many Rut players Nunzio was lead recruiter on? I heard from a Rutgers loyalist that he didn’t bring kids in like he was expected to. His last name is obv synonymous with NJ football but is there any evidence he’s a good recruiter ?

Do we know how many Rut players Nunzio was lead recruiter on? I heard from a Rutgers loyalist that he didn’t bring kids in like he was expected to. His last name is obv synonymous with NJ football but is there any evidence he’s a good recruiter ?
Could be he was a victim of the product (Schiano ball or Rutgers in general) as you have to assume he recruited to DB and BC in NJ. That said, success there may have begat success. Tough call. I guess we’ll have to wait and see, but I’d think the relationships alone are worth the try.

Could be he was a victim of the product (Schiano ball or Rutgers in general) as you have to assume he recruited to DB and BC in NJ. That said, success there may have begat success. Tough call. I guess we’ll have to wait and see, but I’d think the relationships alone are worth the try.

Yeah, just getting our foot in the door of places we probably didn’t have the same level access before is a big step. We’ve had a lot of luck and success with NJ players. We’re not going to out compete the higher profile B10 teams for players in NJ but we can maybe be more competitive with our peer schools for players who wouldn’t have considered us before.

I've read Schiano is not well liked by a lot of NJHSFC and that the act is stale the second time around.

I'm not expecting consistent home runs but I think Nunzio will hit more doubles and triples for us than he did for Greg.

He will hear about the kids who are unknowns now that will be high end prospects in a few years - allowing us to build relationships

According to some Rut boards Nunzio and Augie Hoffman didn’t land any valid NJ kids as expected. I guess their great HS Coach experiment failed miserably. Lol

According to some Rut boards Nunzio and Augie Hoffman didn’t land any valid NJ kids as expected. I guess their great HS Coach experiment failed miserably. Lol
They landed a couple, who decommitted and went to bigger programs

I've read Schiano is not well liked by a lot of NJHSFC and that the act is stale the second time around.

I'm not expecting consistent home runs but I think Nunzio will hit more doubles and triples for us than he did for Greg.

He will hear about the kids who are unknowns now that will be high end prospects in a few years - allowing us to build relationships
The possibility that Shady is not liked is shocking! I mean I am shocked!
D4EE6D26-15B8-443B-9240-A500F0222FB6.gif

Phill Guard is in his second season as a graduate assistant for the Scarlet Knights. The New York native spent the previous four years on the staff at Georgia Southern.

Guard was hired as the Eagles’ assistant director of player personnel in 2019. That included helping with and coordinating recruiting efforts and procedures for the program. In addition, the role oversaw GATALifestyle, the team’s social media recruiting outlet and involved managing team video. Guard first joined the coaching staff at Georgia Southern in 2017 as an offensive graduate assistant focusing on the offensive line. Guard came to Statesboro from St. Lawrence University, where he also worked with the offensive line.

Guard was a three-year player and one-year assistant coach at Mount Union and helped the Purple Raiders win a national championship in 2012. After graduating in 2015 with a degree in business management and a minor in education, Guard was hired as the running backs coach at Albright College. He helped with the offense, special teams and video as the Lions captured the Middle Atlantic Conference (MAC) championship and advanced to the second round of the NCAA Tournament.

The Geneva, New York, native was also a member of the New York State championship football team at Geneva High School.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
purelytd

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom