New Uni Story From P-S | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

New Uni Story From P-S

You are never going to get 100% approval on everything, so there will always be "unhappy" fans, but I agree with Bees. Most of the complaints here are about the lack of orange, so if that alone is corrected, you won't see such of an outcry over the uniforms.

You are never going to get 100% approval on everything, so there will always be "unhappy" fans, but I agree with Bees. Most of the complaints here are about the lack of orange, so if that alone is corrected, you won't see such of an outcry over the uniforms.
totally agree.

make em snazzy, fancy it up, throw some chrome in, give them crazy octogon patterns, make it hip...who gives a F.

just put a lot Orange in. 50% minimum.

remember the Seinfeld where hes on the plane with the model and she tells him to go to an add in a magazine??

Jerry: It's a good thing they gave you that washcloth to cover yourself up... What is this an ad for?

Tia: See those wrinkled jeans slung over the chair? Way in the background, out of focus?

that was our unis last year.

Orange in the background, out of focus.

so sad.

now go back and discuss how winning cures all, you big tough guys!!!

KaiserUEO said:
totally agree. make em snazzy, fancy it up, throw some chrome in, give them crazy octogon patterns, make it hip...who gives a F. just put a lot Orange in. 50% minimum. remember the Seinfeld where hes on the plane with the model and she tells him to go to an add in a magazine?? Jerry: It's a good thing they gave you that washcloth to cover yourself up... What is this an ad for? Tia: See those wrinkled jeans slung over the chair? Way in the background, out of focus? that was our unis last year. Orange in the background, out of focus. so sad. now go back and discuss how winning cures all, you big tough guys!!!

I think I agree with this whole post.

you lost me with your last sentence.

i consider myself a true fan of the Giants, Yankees, Knicks, Rangers and all things Orange.

and not once did the uniform come into play.

The Yankee pinstripes don't mean anything to you?

Again we could make the numeral Orange on the white jerseys, and have an Orange top that isn't ugly.
shopping

You can't convince me you think these Orange jerseys are ugly. I agree the GRob ones were fugly and Coach P ones weren't that much better. Even though I own an Orange Damien Rhodes football #1 jersey.

Ugly.

Too much orange. Looks like Denver and Miami - not Syracuse University Football.

Orange helmet and orange pants - all that is necessary.

Ugly.

Too much orange. Looks like Denver and Miami - not Syracuse University Football.

Orange helmet and orange pants - all that is necessary.
upload_2014-1-28_10-27-44.jpeg

That was the jersey Jim Brown wore at Syracuse. Is that not Syracuse University Football?

You have to state its your opinion of Syracuse University Football. The Syracuse Football brand is not Penn State or Southern California. We haven't had the same uniforms for 100 years. The blue was brought in the 1970's. If we are going to be old school I guess we should wear only white jerseys on the road and at home because that fits your definition of Syracuse University Football.

Wearing a color that isn't even an official color of the University is not intelligent. Orange tops with white or blue pants are fine. I would rather have too much Orange than none.

The Yankee pinstripes don't mean anything to you?
they certainly mean something to me.

actually they mean everything to me.

but when i was 5, i can assure you...they meant nothing to me.

i didnt give a flying they were in pinstripes.

just knew that they were always on tv, they were my dads team and that i learned how to catch, play 3rd and shag flies by 'being'....Munson, Nettles and Pinella.

not to mention, hit.

i also know that i dont have to worry about the Yankee brass being as dumb as the braintrust up at my school, who woke up 1 day last august and said...'Orange??? ehh, F it'.

for the Pinstripes will never be minimalized.

Last edited:
Better not tell Oregon.
I don't want Syracuse football uniforms to go Oregon on us. I wouldn't care that much if they decided to do that, but if I had a vote all I would want is Orange, Blue, White tops, Orange, Gray that the Giants wear, Blue pants, and an Orange helmet.

I don't want Syracuse football uniforms to go Oregon on us. I wouldn't care that much if they decided to do that, but if I had a vote all I would want is Orange, Blue, White tops, Orange, Gray that the Giants wear, Blue pants, and an Orange helmet.

If you're OK with orange tops and blue pants, what do you have against blue tops and orange pants?

Gray is even less of an SU color than blue is.

If you're OK with orange tops and blue pants, what do you have against blue tops and orange pants?

Gray is even less of an SU color than blue is.
That is the compromise. The people who hate the Orange tops claim that wearing the Orange pants with them is too much Orange. Then if we wear Orange tops with Blue pants or Gray pants it wouldn't be too much Orange. I don't have a problem with Orange top/pants, but if people think that is too much Orange fine.
upload_2014-1-28_10-58-15.jpeg

If we had this color pants with Orange/Blue where the Blue/Red we could wear Orange tops.

Seems like what they're really saying is that the "traditional" SU look is out the door. I'd be happy with wearing them as throwbacks (maybe wear them on Homecoming?).

Personally, I'd really like to see a combo like the Giants with grey pants (replace the blue with orange). And that's coming from someone who hates the Giants. Like Kaiser said, I think grey is a good neutral color to highlight our…orangeness.

As far as white pants, I personally don't care for them at all. But also if we wear white pants, it will make it that much harder to distinguish ourselves from Clemson/Illinois/etc. I think most of the orange color schools tend to wear white pants.

Just my personal preference, I'd like white pants instead of gray.

And blue numbers on the white jerseys look sharper than orange numbers.

I am proud of the name Orange but uniforms with a lot of orange are ugly.

When SU went to the orange jerseys under Maloney they were ugly.

When SU went to the orange jerseys under Pasqualoni, they were ugly.

When SU went to the orange jerseys under Robinson they were ugly.

The amount of orange with our traditional uniforms is appropriate.

I agree with this. All orange for football anyway, is too much orange. Doesn't look good. I am okay with doing it once in a while though.

The percentage of orange used in the football uniform should be somewhere greater than zero and less than 100%.

If they could do that, I would be pretty happy. Baby steps.

images

If they wore an Orange top with this helmet and pants combination it would be perfect. Orange helmet/Orange top/White pants.

Hi.

ClemvsSCST.png
I guess we should just change our name then. If Clemson wear Orange it doesn't mean Syracuse can't wear Orange tops. Also, I am not demanding Orange tops every game I just would like to see it sprinkled into the rotation.

We should try and model them after the Lax unis from 2009, those were awesome (besides the name being under the numbers on the front).

Add some shoulder stripes and you're good to go. (I love the S on the back too)

large_052309Lax1db.JPG

I guess we should just change our name then. If Clemson wear Orange it doesn't mean Syracuse can't wear Orange tops. Also, I am not demanding Orange tops every game I just would like to see it sprinkled into the rotation.

Nothing wrong with orange tops. But that combo is like standard Clemson. Above all us, I'd just like us to be unique (without going full crazy).

Check out these mockups from TNIAAM commentor janda3553
(i think they are great)

SyracuseUniform_zps462a427a.png
Get rid of the one at the bottom right, add an orange chrome helmet and I would take these as is.

Check out these mockups from TNIAAM commentor janda3553
(i think they are great)

SyracuseUniform_zps462a427a.png
I would be okay with all of these except the bottom right one as long as they got rid of the word Syracuse or Cuse on the jersey. I don't think we need our name on the jersey. Also, I would like a blue top with orange pants combo in the rotation.