New Uni Story From P-S | Syracusefan.com

New Uni Story From P-S

We're becoming an Arena Football League team.

That explains why we're building a new arena. :D

http://www.syracuse.com/orangefootb...e_football_uniforms.html#incart_river_default

"Another source said there was also an all-gray look, including a gray helmet." :eek:

Here's some other keys from the story:

"According to one source, there are uniform combinations with orange jersey tops and orange pants, blue tops and blue pants and white tops with white pants. There is also an orange chrome helmet."

It sounds like they can intermix the pants and jerseys ala Oregon

"Syracuse coach Scott Shafer said in September he was "excited as hell" about changing up the uniform because of the positive impact it can have on the recruiting trail.

"Times change," Shafer said then. "Whether I love it or not doesn't matter. It's about the kids that put it on the line, the players that put it on the line."

I have been lobbying for an orange chrome helmet for years, with inside dome lighting on high def that will pop. My other request for the same reason would be high sheen gun metal blue jerseys and pants.

It's probably best not to get worked up about this stuff... at least not until we see them. :)

Hopefully they'll look great. Hopefully there'll be some traditional SU combinations. Hopefully they won't be an embarrassment.

It's probably best not to get worked up about this stuff... at least not until we see them. :)

Hopefully they'll look great. Hopefully there'll be some traditional SU combinations. Hopefully they won't be an embarrassment.

What could possibly go wrong?

Meldrum.jpg

I prefer the look from the McNabb days but Shafer is right - whatever helps recruiting is fine with me. It's not like I'm going to stop cheering for Syracuse just because I may not care for our uniforms (but I'm staying open-minded until I see them)

Love the chrome orange helmet idea.

And to all of our bickering about uni's, the man who actually sits with recruits in their homes trying to get them to campus had this to say: "Times change," Shafer said then. "Whether I love it or not doesn't matter. It's about the kids that put it on the line, the players that put it on the line."

As long as something is orange. Either the jersey or the pants. Have an away uni and a home uni. But both need to have orange standout. Want to do a one game one off, fine. But don't make it the norm.

And to all of our bickering about uni's, the man who actually sits with recruits in their homes trying to get them to campus had this to say: "Times change," Shafer said then. "Whether I love it or not doesn't matter. It's about the kids that put it on the line, the players that put it on the line."
totally agree with this.

again, just dont give them purple or whatever as an option.

I have been lobbying for an orange chrome helmet for years, with inside dome lighting on high def that will pop. My other request for the same reason would be high sheen gun metal blue jerseys and pants.

Ditto--that sounds cool.

I kind of like the idea of all gray too, with orange numerals and "S" on the helmet.

Like the poster above, I prefer the classic navy blue / orange pants / simple helmet, but I'm intrigued by some of the combos described in that article.

Shafer's take is the right one, IMO.

As long as something is orange. Either the jersey or the pants. Have an away uni and a home uni. But both need to have orange standout. Want to do a one game one off, fine. But don't make it the norm.
pretty simple stuff for a team calling itself the ORANGE.

still dont understand why everyone and i mean EVERYONE, does not take this position.

its quite mindboggling.

It's pretty telling that this has been used as a selling point to recruits. Kids care about this stuff.

i think it's ok to be a little pat on the head paternal about this

have all the xboxes and overpriced headphones and whatever

but trust us that left to your own devices, you will regret looking like a dipsh!t

As long as they have our traditional duct type grey uniforms out there, I am gonna be thrilled.

Sounds like they want every possible ugly combination Nike can come up with.

WVU_Football_Uniforms.png
This is basically what our uniforms combinations will be IMO. 5 helmets Orange, Chrome Orange, Blue, White, Gray, 4 jersey combinations Orange, Blue, White, Gray, and 4 pants combinations Orange, Blue, White, Gray. All I have been hammering is for an Orange top, but if this is what the players want I won't complain.

Only thing I really don't want to see is the all-blue look unless it's tweaked from this year. Wasn't a fan of that look this year at all. Not sure about all-gray, but if it's a one-time look and has orange as the secondary color, it might look pretty sharp as a road alternate.

Personally, I love the idea of an all-white road uniform (including helmet) if the numbers/trim is orange. Curious to see what the design will look like.