New Uniforms confirmed for Senior Day... | Syracusefan.com

New Uniforms confirmed for Senior Day...

OrangeXtreme

The Mayor of Dewitt
Syracuse Basketball ‏@Cuse_MBB
Check out the brand new @Nike Hyper Elite uniforms we will wear vs. Virginia on Senior Day 3/2! #CuseMode

B-TaUH7IMAA7JFf.jpg

http://www.cuse.com/news/2015/2/20/MBBNike22015.aspx?path=mbasket

Last edited:
I like them. Any idea if they become our regular uniforms or is this just a one-off thing?

I think I like them. I wonder if the name on the back will be in orange letters or outlined like the "ORANGE" on the front.

A few thoughts:

-I'm glad this is happening. For some people, it's just a jersey. For the players, this is cool and it's nice to do everything possible to make Rak's senior day as cool as it can be.

-I hope I will one day see the day when we don't have silver in our uni's. Strictly orange, blue and white.

-I was just thinking recently about how SU hasn't had a major jersey overhaul in quite some time - ever since going to these types of jerseys (the tighter fit, "spaceman" ones we originally called them). Sure, there have been a few tweaks in terms of some color schemes here and there, number placement, etc. But not a major overhaul. I was particularly thinking about this during the UNC-Duke game, because if you look at both of their jerseys, they are much more retro (as compared to our's being more "modern"), yet I doubt there is huge push back from the players and the fan base who purchases them. Why is that? They are both Nike schools as well, although UNC is Jumpman.

I know our fan base is screaming for a return of the cursives, but apparently that is not what the kids these days want. So isn't there a happy medium in terms of what Nike provides us versus what Nike provides more retro looking teams like UNC and Duke?

Completely unnecessary. I like the orange #s instead of tin foil, though.

If Nike can make these uniforms, why can't they make orange football uniforms?
They are for next year.

Wow! Orange numbers? What a concept! I really like the away unis. The home edition could lose the duck tape on the sides and I would prefer ORANGE to be orange but these are a step in the right direction. I kinda even like the socks :)

Wow! Orange numbers? What a concept! I really like the away unis. The home edition could lose the duck tape on the sides and I would prefer ORANGE to be orange but these are a step in the right direction. I kinda even like the socks :)

My thoughts exactly.

They have the unmistakable stench of Nike design

Right on the money. That's my biggest problem with all these new uniforms. They're completely self-serving. They're not the SU brand by Nike, as it should be, but the Nike brand by SU. That's the point of making all the Hyper Elite teams look essentially the same---for Nike marketing. Sure, the schools are getting paid for advertising for Nike but there used to be a balance between the school brand and the outfitter brand that's been lost.

I'm ready for Under Armour

I would be all in on Adidas if we could guarantee a more traditional look. Look at Michigan's uni's. Nice, simple, traditionalist - Adidas school. (who used to be a Nike school, and was one of the first Nike schools if I remember correctly).

I would be all in on Adidas if we could guarantee a more traditional look. Look at Michigan's uni's. Nice, simple, traditionalist - Adidas school. (who used to be a Nike school, and was one of the first Nike schools if I remember correctly).

I've been anti-Adidas since Julius Hodge. I don't let grudges go easily.

I've been anti-Adidas since Julius Hodge. I don't let grudges go easily.

I hear that. I have my first pair of Nike hoops sneaks since like 2002. They wouldn't replace a pair of sneaks where the silly air bubble popped so they've been on the outside looking in at my disposable income for a long time. Have to say though, I really like my new Hyperdunks.