New Uniforms confirmed for Senior Day... | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

New Uniforms confirmed for Senior Day...

Hey, Hodge is our 4th most important recruit when it comes to winning the NC..

Melo
GMac
Warrick
Hodge

Survive and Advance the 2003 story of NC State's march to the Championship...oops...

5th...

Melo
GMac
Warrick
Edelin
Hodge

cuseattle said:
I might be the only one here who likes the alternative blue unis for a game or two a year. Also, I am down with the cursive!

I like them a lot, but hate losing, soooooo....

I like em...but more importantly I love that we're in the small group of elite programs (and Oregon) that get highlighted during something like this.

And for people calling for Adidas, do you not remember the fluorescent or zubaz-looking unis they've made teams wear over the past couple years. No way.

I'd like to get rid of the silver/grey as others have said. More like this would be good.

shorts.jpg

You mean using orange in the Orangemen's uniforms? That is just crazy talk!

Great work BTW, I really like that look. I am also ready for someone, anyone else to design our unis. Nike has been a disaster in all sports. This is the only Nike design that is even acceptable but the company still doesn't get it Orange > Silver.

I have been impressed with Under Armor's efforts. They have updated classics but kept uniforms recognizable. I liked the gold shoes that ND sported in football. It was a good look with their iconic unis. Also, Under Armor designed unis for Navy that played on the summer white concept of the USN. I thought these alternative unis were awesome and at least they made sense.

Last edited:
I don't understand the UA love. Sure you may like the uniforms but the most important things are the sneakers and no one touches Nike. I am sure the players agree with that as well. They have the abilities to wear Jordan's as well. Hell on the football side I saw a recruits father reference the fact that Syracuse is a Nike school as a positive.

oddo033 said:
I don't understand the UA love. Sure you may like the uniforms but the most important things are the sneakers and no one touches Nike. I am sure the players agree with that as well. They have the abilities to wear Jordan's as well. Hell on the football side I saw a recruits father reference the fact that Syracuse is a Nike school as a positive.
UA is growing its basketball brand. Rapidly. I expect they become a legitimate challenger to Nike in basketball. UA is arguably the top football brand.

They almost got Kevin Durant to flip from Nike. They have Steph Curry who is the NBA MVP. Nike is not really being innovative. UA is. Just my opinion.

script 'Syracuse' or 'Orange' or even just 'Cuse' on the front, blue in place of platinum, alternating orange, blue, and white stripes down the sides of the shorts, with the same alternating stripes around the collar and sleeves.

This is my dream Syracuase uniform. Somebody make it happen

syr14 said:
UA is growing its basketball brand. Rapidly. I expect they become a legitimate challenger to Nike in basketball. UA is arguably the top football brand. They almost got Kevin Durant to flip from Nike. They have Steph Curry who is the NBA MVP. Nike is not really being innovative. UA is. Just my opinion.

Step curry vs Kobe, Lebron, Durant, Melo etc... Jordan,..Nikes sneaker brand is still the cream of the crop and much further along then any of their competitors. I honestly don't think a kid in high school would be excited to go to a UA school but Nike could sway a kid.

Adidas has been playing catch up for years and have a few good players under their belt but they cannot catch Nike either.

I do not quite agree that UA is the top football brand. Nike consistently outfits the top teams and they outfit the NFL as well.

New uniforms also announced for the next time we play Pitt (don't worry, ours will be white and silver).

macho-redman-instructors-suit-set-9.gif