New Uniforms Truly Horrible | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

New Uniforms Truly Horrible

upperdeck said:
if uniforms mean so little then why do we have team colors and mascots and the like.. why not just create a new look every year if brand means nothing. so if the kids on the team like it and 75% of the fans dont does that make it right or better? some people like the Maryland uniforms, but most dont.

"Brand" doesn't mean the same. These uni's are inline with the overall brand. I didn't see a new mascot or a new logo or no orange.

If the kids like it and 75% of the fans don't - it does make it right and better. They are the ones wearing it.

you guys sound like a bunch of grumpy old men.

images

I understand the sentiment but let me respond.

I happen to really like the Oregon uniforms.

So, it's not modernity that bothers me, it's ugliness.

They just look really bad.

And say what you want about tradition - that it only appeals to older fans - but the fact is that part of the appeal of any sports team is the uniform - the established look of the team.

Ultimately, we root for the uniform - the players just pass through, year after year.

So, if you discard what most feel are very attractive traditional uniforms - the ones that saw the program reach great heights - you have to make sure that the new look is attractive and is an extension of the tradition.

These god awful uniforms fail on all accounts.

If your ready jump because you don't like the unis, please leave as soon as possible.

They are UNIFORMS... not the shroud of turin.

Unbelievable the mundane crap people complain about like it's serious or of importance.

Agree with leaving if you are PO about the unis. Disagree with people not having the right to blow off steam over their distaste with said unis. Fan's right to do so. And those unis are fugly!

"Brand" doesn't mean the same. These uni's are inline with the overall brand. I didn't see a new mascot or a new logo or no orange.

If the kids like it and 75% of the fans don't - it does make it right and better. They are the ones wearing it.
those same kids will be the ones in 10 years wondering why the uniform that wore no longer looks the same.

Ugly.

Awful.

Ridiculous.

Sorry, but I find it hard to believe that this kind of ugliness attracts talent.

The indoor facility will attract talent. Enhanced locker rooms will attract talent. Continued participation in the ACC will attract talent. Bowl appearances will attract talent.

Yuck, yuck, and yuck.
one of these years we're going to be really good

then years later we'll want to get all nostalgic and watch old highlights

and we're going to say What i forgot how much i hated those

the sabres went to the cup in 99 with the mad cow, they were even better in 05-06 with the banana slug and seeing that garbage kinda ruins looking back

These uniforms wouldn't even get off the bench for a Boeheim team.

They're a hit among the 25 and under set.

Unfortunately, most of us are twice that age. :bang:
Just got a text from a friend who is a sophomore at SU. He doesn't like them.

I like em. The anodized helmets, the small touches like the 44 on the collar and the mantras on the inside of the neck... I encourage anyone who hasn't seen the article and video on cuse.com to check it out. Kids will love putting these on. They also won't look like pumpkins.

well us grumpy old men are the ones with the $. Keep turning us off and watch as we fade away into SU fans from a distance and spend less up there. I know I'm already there as I guess an old man at 50 because these unis are beyond suck. Beyond

I watched one of the best Lax games I have seen in years this weekend. And the fact that there was little orange in these unis didn't make it any less exciting. I am cheering on the team not the current fashion statement. And I am older than you.

lax.jpg

It's just funny that SU is talking about branding, yet what about these uniforms says Syracuse University

I don't mind multiple combinations and special occasion unis, but there's a reason why traditional uniforms are usually rated highest among sports fans.

Thoughts:

Shocked that Nike didn't take a bunch of middle aged white guys tastes into account when designing something an 18 year old will wear.

Marketing always skews younger.

Sometimes time + winning = a better perspective on uni's. I hated the current Bball uni's until the final four run.

Really tired of the "we don't let kids eat candy for breakfast argument" against letting the kids who wear the uni's make decisions. If they are old enough to decide what to do with their football careers - they can decide what color pants to wear.

The white and orange chrome look on the helmet is awesome.

Agree on the number font. Kind of odd. I kind of see the appeal as a designer who occasionally does work for younger demographics. But they went a touch too far IMO. I do like the stripes/fade.

Ugly.

Awful.

Ridiculous.

Sorry, but I find it hard to believe that this kind of ugliness attracts talent.

The indoor facility will attract talent. Enhanced locker rooms will attract talent. Continued participation in the ACC will attract talent. Bowl appearances will attract talent.

Yuck, yuck, and yuck.
Acutally the old uni's were ugly. the old school strips down the middle is outdated. these new ones bring swag. Thats a word that some of you wont understand but the new generation thrives on it. It is truly funny how the reception from the younger generation on twitter and all is the total opposite on this forum. Man we are getting old. BTW the numbers are not that bad. A little too jazzy but not that bad.

It's just funny that SU is talking about branding, yet what about these uniforms says Syracuse University

I don't mind multiple combinations and special occasion unis, but there's a reason why traditional uniforms are usually rated highest among sports fans.

Most of the programs that go to new, trendy uniforms are desperate.

We go through new uniforms like point guards.

Thoughts:

Shocked that Nike didn't take a bunch of middle aged white guys tastes into account when designing something an 18 year old will wear.

Marketing always skews younger.

Sometimes time + winning = a better perspective on uni's. I hated the current Bball uni's until the final four run.

Really tired of the "we don't let kids eat candy for breakfast argument" against letting the kids who wear the uni's make decisions. If they are old enough to decide what to do with their football careers - they can decide what color pants to wear.

The white and orange chrome look on the helmet is awesome.

Agree on the number font. Kind of odd. I kind of see the appeal as a designer who occasionally does work for younger demographics. But they went a touch too far IMO. I do like the stripes/fade.
Exactly

I watched one of the best Lax games I have seen in years this weekend. And the fact that there was little orange in these unis didn't make it any less exciting. I am cheering on the team not the current fashion statement. And I am older than you.

View attachment 11171

The lacrosse uniforms this year aren't half bad.

Our home basketball uniforms will remain hideous.

I'm not a huge fan of the number font but it will probably grow on me. Looking at the diffent combinations on cuse.com, I'm fine with the change. Lots of different options. I root for Syracuse, not the uniform. (like most on the board I think)

These uniforms are the new branding. Kid who are 10 years old now will know this look 10 years from now. We all better get use to it.

"Syracuse head coach Scott Shafer spoke at the event at Destiny and discussed the enthusiasm Syracuse recruits displayed when the coaching staff showed them some pictures of what the new uniforms could look like during visits, joking that he got commitments on the spot as a result."

That's enough for me.