New Uniforms Truly Horrible | Page 6 | Syracusefan.com

New Uniforms Truly Horrible

you can barely see those stripes. You only notice them when you look at a close up. You wont see them from a distance. I dont think anyone is gonna be a watching a cuse football game, pause it and zoom in to notice the stripes
I will. Now. :p

I love the away unis. the home ones are really ugly though. :noidea:. i'll live.

So Shafer and the recruits are lying? They secretly hate them?

Not saying that at all. I'm saying that you wouldn't hear from Shafer or the team if they didn't like aspects of them. If the players get to pick the combination, I'll be curious to see how many times they pick the all-blue look shown today.

You realize that the orange ones may or may not be ready/used this year and more importantly they will be the one off? You see what the home uni's will be right? So putting aside any design likes or dislikes, tell me why the orange pant or jersey or both couldn't be brought out today and introduced as the home uni?

It's tiring listening to people say get with the times. The biggest issue is not design, it's color usage. We already dropped MEN from the Orange. May as well drop the Orange now too.

We dont need a second part to our name. Cher. Madonna. Pele. Syracuse.

skimming this thread this seems to be the majority opinon of the new uniforms

We dont need a second part to our name. Cher. Madonna. Pele. Syracuse.
The Orange.

I agree.

Except we don't wear Orange...

:crazy::noidea::(:mad:

:bang::bang:

Oh Lord

Putting aside if the uniforms are good or not...

what exactly is the purpose of not displaying the Orange ones today?
I wouldn't be shocked if SU is saving the Orange ones for the FSU game (2015 is a smokescreen). SU will have a full house that day, the game will get a ton of national attention, wouldn't shock me in the least if when we all walk into the Dome that day they are sporting Orange jerseys or something.

I'm getting used to it. And some of the combinations could look cool. Some of them probably would look terrible, but there's the potential for a good looking uniform.

Maybe it's just the blue background, but the shade of orange that is on the uniform looks odd. Almost neon.

Hopefully demand from the players can force their hands. The orange pants with the blue top and orange helmet is excellent. Orange pants with the white top and orange helmet would look great too.

Exactly! They make it too difficult. Keep the style, fine. But all the needed was orange pants and orange helmet for home and away. Blue top for home and white top for away. Then a single one off of the gray ones with an orange helmet and the popping orange numbers. Not that difficult without getting crazy and still giving the kids something new and fresh.

JB played the first home game with platinum unis. Case closed. Anyone complaining about the uniforms doesn't understand the culture of modern college football.

Hahaha I couldn't have been more sarcastic

Hopefully demand from the players can force their hands. The orange pants with the blue top and orange helmet is excellent. Orange pants with the white top and orange helmet would look great too.

Problem is, the blue tops are pretty ugly. No trim on the numbers. And the darker blue on the shoulders doesn't stand out.

I liked the old blue tops better.

I am a 20 year old athlete.

These uniforms...

mother-of-god-meme.jpg

Awful

I wouldn't be shocked if SU is saving the Orange ones for the FSU game (2015 is a smokescreen). SU will have a full house that day, the game will get a ton of national attention, wouldn't shock me in the least if when we all walk into the Dome that day they are sporting Orange jerseys or something.
Maybe.

But why should the ORANGE, have to shock the world AND its home fans, by wearing Orange???

I hate the "if you're old, you don't like change" comments. It's not black and white like that. Do some younger folk like these? Sure. But if these new unis were actually really good, you'd see some recruits not associated with SU commenting on them.

As someone who works with typography every day, the numbers are just HOT GARBAGE. There is no way those will look cool to 99% of people once the novelty wears off.

And I agree on the What where are the orange versions? We've already been disappointed with the "they'll reveal them at the [insert team] game!" stories. Just show us the damn things.

The hatchet 44 logo is actually looking pretty cool to me now. Maybe not implemented in the best way, though.

EDIT: Actually, if you look at the numbers compared to the block S, they look like they're influenced but don't match. Throws off the symmetry. Like it's the same angles, but the proportions are off (spacing). If you squished the numbers down to match the block S, it'd probably look a lot better.

I hate the "if you're old, you don't like change" comments. It's not black and white like that. Do some younger folk like these? Sure. But if these new unis were actually really good, you'd see some recruits not associated with SU commenting on them.

As someone who works with typography every day, the numbers are just HOT GARBAGE. There is no way those will look cool to 99% of people once the novelty wears off.

And I agree on the What where are the orange versions? We've already been disappointed with the "they'll reveal them at the [insert team] game!" stories. Just show us the damn things.

The hatchet 44 logo is actually looking pretty cool to me now. Maybe not implemented in the best way, though.

they already showed them on cuse.com

I use to feel the same way about CUSE hoops uniforms. I didnt like them, thought they were too jazzy, didnt understand the grey, couldnt see the numbers. It didnt look like look Syracuse to me. Now I like them and they are recognized as a top 10 program. Many HS teams mimic their uniforms now. We will all get use to the new football uniforms. Trust me. Especially if we go 10-3 this year. People will be calling in to make sure we dont change the uniforms. lol..

The cuse hoops uniforms in the gmac/Nichols years with the black letters are the most hideous of all time. The Sesame Street font on these football prototypes give them a run for their money.

In this photo, Hunt looks like he's wearing a Depends! I'm all for change, but the uniforms seem too "trendy". Too much swag and not enough tradition.

BlXos2qCEAA7sWB.jpg

Doctor44 said:
I really just hate the numerals. Everything else I'm okay with. They need a focus group for these things. I don't understand how you can spend all this time and money and have it be such a failure. Fix the numbers!

I'm having a hard time. I'm not a fan of these numbers, but as a Buccaneer fan, I realize they could still be worse.

Alarm clock font anyone?

Attachments

• image-2853567322.jpg
    image-2853567322.jpg
    47.4 KB · Views: 54