Next Season... | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Next Season...

Fair. I know the same things certain people complain about Frank here(loose handle), are some of the things Carey struggles with at times. Elite shooter/scorer though.

Right. I also don’t think Carey necessarily is the perfect PG by any stretch of the imagination (another combo, yipee!) but he has better natural tools to work with, IMO. I mean it truly can’t get worse from a ballhandling/speed aspect from your PG as what we are seeing now. I mean he could not get around Guy without pushing off.

Last edited:
Frank starts next year as a Senior. Write it down. Repeat it several times because it will absolutely happen.
I genuinely don’t understand how people think differently than this.

Do people just enjoy dumping everything on this kid?

Frank starts next year as a Senior. Write it down. Repeat it several times because it will absolutely happen.

Frank starts next year

And

Frank should start next season

Are two entirely different sentences.

Frank will start but IMO he shouldn't.

I truly hope you're right. I hope Frank AND Chewy are bench players. Neither IMO are worthy to be starters.

You make this comment as though they are getting the starting nod over other viable alternatives. Maybe they aren't starting quality on what we think of as the typical caliber team at SU, but guess what this ain't the typical team.

Who cares you actually starts? It's who plays that matters (See Dion, early RAK and Dejuan Coleman most of his career )

Who cares you actually starts? It's who plays that matters (See Dion, early RAK and Dejuan Coleman most of his career )
it matters when you have coach who does not understand the proper use of the bench.

Right. I also don’t think Carey necessarily the perfect PG but he has better tools to work with, IMO. I mean it truly can’t get worse from a ballhandling/speed aspect from your PG as what we are seeing now. I mean he could not get around Guy without pushing off.

My buddy was court side yesterday and mentioned this to me last night when we discussed the game. This is a huge problem, and impacts Frank's decision making as it's so apparent (which he knows) he struggles to get by slow defenders, let alone the ones that can really defend. He has pushed off often this year in total frustration and has been called for it as well...

Battle won’t be here. Who should start over him? Buddy? Hughes?

If your question is who should start in place of Battle (if he does leave) at shooting guard my answer is whom ever earns the position in practice and game play. That could be Hughes, Buddy or Frank (who i don't view as a pG).

You make this comment as though they are getting the starting nod over other viable alternatives. Maybe they aren't starting quality on what we think of as the typical caliber team at SU, but guess what this ain't the typical team.

I don't disagree. This team is not very good. Ideally Frank and Chewy should not start. They do so because that's what JB has at his disposal.

the only thing more annoying to me than "next season " posts midseason are the " we would have X amount more wins if so and so had stayed " . nobody knows or can predict these things . please stop presenting mere speculation as iron clad certitudes .

Frank will start at PG next year with Hughs at SG followed by Oshae, Bazley and Sidibe .

Frank will be pulled either 1 or 2 minutes into the game after he either commits a turnover, gives up a wide open 3 from a shooter who shoots over 40% or dribbles the ball for 25 seconds and then takes a contested 2. He’ll be the senior starting like DC and then Carey or Howard come in.

My buddy was court side yesterday and mentioned this to me last night when we discussed the game. This is a huge problem, and impacts Frank's decision making as it's so apparent (which he knows) he struggles to get by slow defenders, let alone the ones that can really defend. He has pushed off often this year in total frustration and has been called for it as well...

I’m sure you’ve seen most if not all the games this year. Many many games Frank has had no trouble getting into the lane. That’s how he gets up so many floaters in the lane, or dumping the ball to a big who makes it or usually misses. It get progressively more difficult as teams pack it in more and more as we show we can’t shoot from outside.

the only thing more annoying to me than "next season " posts midseason are the " we would have X amount more wins if so and so had stayed " . nobody knows or can predict these things . please stop presenting mere speculation as iron clad certitudes .
lol What is a message board for? Just dumping on the coach or a pt guard?

I love predictions that don't even begin to address how much improvement a player may make before next season.
Frank with a better handle would make a very respectable point guard. As others have suggested, having others capable of catching a pass let alone making a basket would make him look much better too.

I haven't heard anyone mention the lack of turnovers yesterday against a very good defense.

I also haven't heard anything about the odds of a freshman being a starter who is efficient on both ends of the floor.

Frank will start next year.

bit of a pound puppy as well. don't think the past whippings didn't leave some kind of scar.

Kinda think the lack of production from our forwards plays a big part, but nobody ever mentions that here.

I don't disagree with this either. The lack of production from Moyer and Dolejaz hurts. Frank's assist numbers are hurt by two forwards that don't score and a center that can't catch or dunk. BUT, JB recruited this mess.

I don't disagree with this either. The lack of production from Moyer and Dolejaz hurts. Frank's assist numbers are hurt by two forwards that don't score and a center that can't catch or dunk. BUT, JB recruited this mess.

I wouldn’t leave Brissett out of this. He has to have the worst shooting percentage inside of 5 feet of any Syracuse player ever.

I wouldn’t leave Brissett out of this. He has to have the worst shooting percentage inside of 5 feet of any Syracuse player ever.
I agree. At least OB can "create" his own shot (I didn't say make). Dolejaz and Moyer can't even create their own shot.