Next year major new contributors | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Next year major new contributors

Rtb will be taking over sooner than later if his hands allow him imo.

Him and custis next year.

If he goes to the next level. Is he ready? I personally don’t think so, but you know how these kids are

I'd say that the chance that Dungey leaves for the NFL after this year are 0.0. Unless the good doctor gets involved and declares him ineligible too, he'll be back starting for SU next year. Even if the doc declares him ineligible because of a hang nail or bone spurs, etc, I'd think Dungey would be more inclined to go to another school, than the NFL next year.

Faith is belief without evidence, and there certainly hasn't been any evidence.

So, his 8 catches for 120 yards and a TD never happened then? Including that sick one-handed one?
Or that 47 yard TD against FSU?

Good to know. :rolleyes:

I wish they threw one of those three end zone tosses to JC. We may have seen a different result

Kids a stud i think he does well next year

So, his 8 catches for 120 yards and a TD never happened then? Including that sick one-handed one?
Or that 47 yard TD against FSU?

Good to know. :rolleyes:
8 catches for 120 yards in this offense is... good?

Watch out for DeVito. The kid is coming for the starting spot whether Dungey comes back or not. I have a funny feeling about this young man. If Dungey returns, Babers and staff will have some decision making to do.

Clarke is going to be a beast for our secondary. He keeps his crap together, he will be starting along side Cordy

I can’t wait to see Hackett and Ravion out there together. Going to be a huge boost to the running game

I am going out on a limb here, but I think Sampson and White come in and start on the OLine. We will finally have a little depth at this position.

We will have an EXCITING young group of LBs. the talent level is through the roof. Don’t sleep on Nadarius Fagan.

The RBs will be a blast to watch. I think it is very possible Jordan redshirts unless he comes in and blows the staff away. This young man is very exciting.

Ooooh the WRs! Take your pick on this one!!! Again, a very talented group, but will be young. I see Moe Neal working in the off-season heavy as Slot WR. This kid has ALL the tools to be as exciting, if not more, than Erv. That’s really saying something cause Erv is the man! We will be loaded here.

Our DLine will be stellar. Not sure Black will be back this year. Alton Robinson has only been here, what, 3-4 months?! This kid is a beast and will be great next year with a full off season in the Cuse. Would really like to see Ruff back on the outside. He is a bull. We all know the interior. Going to be good again, especially with the addition of Harp.

DBs will gain some serious depth with the addition of Ifeatu and others. This kid is going to be a ROCKSTAR.

As we look forward to the last 2 games, let’s hope and pray we can get them both. A BC win is looking better with Brown out. Let’s hope we play a lot of contain/spy to keep Kackson in check. It’s fun to look forward to next year, but we still have 2, possibly 3 left. #OrangeNation !!!!

I can definitely see Hackett and Pierce together more next year.

What position is the Holy Cross transfer?

I'd say that the chance that Dungey leaves for the NFL after this year are 0.0. Unless the good doctor gets involved and declares him ineligible too, he'll be back starting for SU next year. Even if the doc declares him ineligible because of a hang nail or bone spurs, etc, I'd think Dungey would be more inclined to go to another school, than the NFL next year.
1 more concussions and he is done here. That’s one of the reasons, if at all, he makes the leap. That’s got to weigh on his mind.

8 catches for 120 yards in this offense is... good?

You said “there certainly hasn’t been any evidence”.

That’s evidence.
Not a ton of it, but it’s evidence.

He’s had a catch in all but 1 game in which he played this season.

And with all the targets that go Ish and Erv’s way, there aren’t a ton left for all the other WR’s.

Good? No, it’s a bit disappointing.
But it’s not nothing.

A lot of people are sleeping on Markenzy Pierre. I think once he learns the protections, he will take a big step forward. And that also has to be kept in mind for true freshman RB contributions.

Nykeim Johnson will be a beast. Whomever plays WR with him will put up big numbers.

I still don't see Sampson starting as a true frosh, but if anyone is gonna do it, it's him with the C position being available and him enrolling early.

Don't sleep on Melifonwu.

Custis and Butler will be the outside WR's game 1. May change into the season, but would be shocked to see either of them jumped.

Regarding Sampson at C; that's one of the toughest positions to make an immediate impact on. Love Servais. He has the size, motor, and mean steak to be a pro. If he doesn't do it at center, it will be tackle.

You said “there certainly hasn’t been any evidence”.

That’s evidence.
Not a ton of it, but it’s evidence.

He’s had a catch in all but 1 game in which he played this season.

And with all the targets that go Ish and Erv’s way, there aren’t a ton left for all the other WR’s.

Good? No, it’s a bit disappointing.
But it’s not nothing.
A few cherry picked stats hardly give me confidence.

A few cherry picked stats hardly give me confidence.

For sure. But you were very confident in the other direction, no?

I too would say they chances he makes a huge impact diminish each year that he doesn't - but I don't think we can write off a guy on the two deep out of hand either.

For sure. But you were very confident in the other direction, no?

I too would say they chances he makes a huge impact diminish each year that he doesn't - but I don't think we can write off a guy on the two deep out of hand either.
Mine is much more eyeball. He's not particularly fast, athletic, or possesses good hands. He's huge, and if he has a big year next year, I'll gladly eat crow.

It's more than just circumstance that prevents a player from being productive though.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom