NFL Draft 2016 | Page 6 | Syracusefan.com

NFL Draft 2016

You can't give up to much to get a franchise qb, like I said before if they aren't right about it, it will set the Eagles back five years.

Therein lies the rub- you don't know that you're getting a franchise QB yet you're paying up for it like you're going to get a HOFer.

Carson Wentz is completely unknown. Philly gave up 2 1sts, 2nd, and 3rd for an unknown.
If he ends up the next Joe Flacco Philly will be lucky but I wouldn't trade all that for Flacco.

Wentz had 25 starts in college for a loaded North Dakota State dynasty.

The stupidest part of the trade was Philly wasn't even guaranteed Wentz if that is so they wanted. If LA changed their mind or something Tunsil happened to Goff then Philly would have been stuck with Goff.

Philly was stupid for making this deal before the draft. Howie Roseman might be the dumbest GM/Executive in the NFL and that is hard.

Completely agree with our assessment but the Birds knew all along the Rams were taking Goff. Unless he got hit by a bus there was no risk there.

I think they had equal, or close to equal grades on both qbs, thats why they made the trade.

Not true. They spoke with the Rams who told them they were taking Goff. Nothing to hide there, the Rams had the #1 pick. The Eagles wanted Wentz all along.

oh I agree, I guess im more shocked at the 'inflation' factor of the 2nd in 2018 for a d1aa kid whos obviously not coming off 4 years in the SEC.

Eli cost the Giants (in addition to the swap) a 3 and next years 1.

Super Bowl Champions in year 4.

good luck...

Not only the 2nd in 2018 but that #1 next year is gonna be extremely valuable.

Giants paid less because the trade was from 1 to 4.
The further the gap the ore you pay.
Philly traded from 8 to 2.

The Rams gave up 15th pick, 2 2nd rounders(one from Philly for Sam Bradford that trade looks even worse), 3rd round and next year's 1st and 3rd.

Philly only gave up 8th pick, 3rd round pick, next year's 1st, 2018 2nd round.

The gaps dictate the compensation.

I just don't think this trade made any sense because Philly had no control who they were getting and I highly doubt both Goff and Wentz will both be good.
well yeah, that's crazy, but im guessing they knew it was Wentz, that's why they gave Bradford the 2 year deal and brought in Daniels to be the #2. they gonna keep him hidden.

I may have phrased what I meant earlier a little wrong, Im a big fan of the Jimmy J chart, keep it handy at all times this time of year, so I get the difference from 4 to 8 down to 1. and they weren't trading for a 4 year SEC guy, it was for a d1aa guy with little experience. so the extra 'inflation' or extra pick it took to make it work...when you factor in the resume...was steep.

Would you be ok with taking a flyer on Jaylon Smith in the 2nd even though he'll be a year away? Might be best LB in the draft.

He is a great player but that is a very risky move in the 2nd round. Very bad knee injury.

ChO7FCAUYAA3DTa.jpg

Here is your first choice of round 2 now.

Would you be ok with taking a flyer on Jaylon Smith in the 2nd even though he'll be a year away? Might be best LB in the draft.
no.

this is not a year for flyers. Jack would make more sense. at least he may make it a few years before he undergoes the knife.

Smith, may even be a question mark next year.

Bradford has a very legit beef. He signs a two year deal and then the Eagles unload all of their draft picks for this year and next year, virtually assuring that he will play behind the worst OL in football while continuing to have the pleasure of throwing to a WR group that had the most drops in the NFL last year. Dropped DeSean Jackson (I'm sure you see him in occasional nightmares) and Jeremy Maclin but kept Riley Cooper. What??

If the Birds had told Bradford that they planned to unload all of those picks then he never would have signed with them.
fair point on the picks for him, but he knew the WR situation. as for the good line on DeSean, yes nightmares for sure...may have been the single worst game experience I have ever had at Giants Stadium, and that includes a few playoff losses...but it helped to launch a new SuperBowl the following year, so all is good.

that's a lot of $$, Bradford would've signed, he just doesn't want to compete. if Wentz all of a sudden is Marino, you go to the rook and don't look back.

hes worried about his next contract.

Jets would be smart to trade a 2nd or 3rd round pick for Sam Bradford.

They have no QB and Philly would eat Bradford's guarantee money in exchange for a decent pick. His base is 7 million which the Jets could absorb and they would be a threat in the AFC.

However we are talking about the Jets so its unlikely.

They have no QB and Philly would eat Bradford's guarantee money in exchange for a decent pick. His base is 7 million which the Jets could absorb and they would be a threat in the AFC.

Philly wants a 1st for him

longislandcuse said:
I would love for Buffalo to move up in the second round to get one of the top end DT's. If not I like Hunter Henry, Correa or Cravens who look to be available around our spot. Really like Shaq Lawson after hearing how he'll be used in Rex's defense.

Billings

no.

this is not a year for flyers. Jack would make more sense. at least he may make it a few years before he undergoes the knife.

Smith, may even be a question mark next year.

fair point on the picks for him, but he knew the WR situation. as for the good line on DeSean, yes nightmares for sure...may have been the single worst game experience I have ever had at Giants Stadium, and that includes a few playoff losses...but it helped to launch a new SuperBowl the following year, so all is good.

that's a lot of $$, Bradford would've signed, he just doesn't want to compete. if Wentz all of a sudden is Marino, you go to the rook and don't look back.

hes worried about his next contract.

I don't think Bradford is afraid to compete. No way Wentz could beat him out for at least a year.

I think he thought the weaknesses at OL and WR would be addressed. That #8 pick was setting up for a stud O lineman. And of course adios to next year's #1. I went to every home game and two road games. You can't overstate how bad that OL was last year. WR's presented zero deep threat and tons of drops. There were 5 WRs taken last night and they're all better than the Eagles WRs.

I'm telling you, Bradford on a team with a good line and weapons would be a force. The Jets would do well to make that move.

Tunsils agent...supposedly.

View attachment 62162
But you can't hold a school responsible for the behavior of a few, sick twisted individuals. For if you do, then shouldn't we blame the whole SEC? And if the whole SEC is guilty, then isn't this an indictment of our educational institutions in general? I put it to you, rrlbees - isn't this an indictment of our entire American society? Well, you can do whatever you want to us, but we're not going to sit here and listen to you badmouth the United States of America. Gentlemen!
National-Lampoons-Animal-House-08-otter-tim-mathieson.jpg

Therein lies the rub- you don't know that you're getting a franchise QB yet you're paying up for it like you're going to get a HOFer.

The Cowboys didn't know how good Romo was when he was an undrafted fa, or the Pats when they took Brady in the 6th round, its a crapshoot, they think the kid is a franchise qb, they are either going to look great, or get fired.

Yeesh. Tunsil didn't make the Dolphins press conference to introduce him because he had some kind of allergic reaction to something.

Yeesh. Tunsil didn't make the Dolphins press conference to introduce him because he had some kind of allergic reaction to something.
He came out an hour later and answered every question and faced the media. He eat some bad food and had a reaction. Doctors got it under control and he faced the media.

Kid has had a rough 24 hours

Stern said:
He came out an hour later and answered every question and faced the media. He eat some bad food and had a reaction. Doctors got it under control and he faced the media. Kid has had a rough 24 hours

Too many strange things about him. I doubt he makes it.

Bills Linebackers are filthy now.

Not sure how we plan on defending the Patriots but against everyone else...good luck.

I love the Ragland pick for the Bills! Very happy with the first two rounds.

if they get me a WR, im going to need to hear a really good sell job for I think they can find 1 as an FA to go with OBJ, Cruz and Harris.
Let me know when they finish their pitch. I want to know how it went over with you. :D

2nd round is a little too soon to go with 'Best athlete available'. Not enthralled with this pick. Almost as if Reese wants to be fired...