NFL Draft 2016 | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

NFL Draft 2016

There's also this. Who was it that said every team drug tests and it's not just the end of the year NCAA pre-bowl testing?

That Laremy Tunsil press conference was tough. He wasn't ready for that. McShay is correct - Where is his agent!? Tunsil is up there getting bombarded, sweating and clearly shook, by himself.

Honestly I couldn't care less if players are smoking pot. I just can't imagine why this idiot would post it on instagram or put himself in a position where someone could take a picture and post it.

Honestly I couldn't care less if players are smoking pot. I just can't imagine why this idiot would post it on instagram or put himself in a position where someone could take a picture and post it.
I agree about the pot. His Instagram got hacked and whoever did it also posted screenshots of him requesting money for his mother's lights and electricity. The person in the athletic department basically said they will take care of it and it's more money than they had initially agreed to.

What a terrible night for Ole Miss. Could they look any worse right now?
Everyone knows that Ole Miss is the shadiest program even while Freeze tries to hide behind his bible thumping. I would say it's only a matter of time before the hammer drops on them but you never know with the ncaa

So a big time college player got paid money and smokes pot, where is the news?

I mean Tunsil was suspended for half the year last year for receiving benefits, how anyone is shocked he got paid ...I mean what do people think he was suspended for? And on the pot issue, as one of the talking heads said on the network half the kids picked 1-12 above him smoked pot at one time in their life. Nobody is holding it against them and about 60% of the entire NFL smokes pot these days. Tunsil didn't fail any drug test at Ole Miss or at the NFL Combine.

I mean the kid had a rough night. A lot of it was his own doing. But he didn't come off as a bad kid or an arrogant jerk. Seemed a bit naive. Best thing for him is he plays offensive line, a position that won't get a ton of attention. He isn't asked to be the face of a franchise. By the time Week 1 comes around this will be long forgotten.

Tunsils agent...supposedly.

View attachment 62162
1096.gif

I feel bad for the guy, but I couldn't help but laugh at that press conference.

1. Public relations person lets him get bombarded for like 15 minutes and THEN comes flying in with the "My client has no further comments!!!"
2. This (paraphrased) exchange:

"Did you accept money while at Ole Miss?"
"No, of course not."
"So these pictures of your text messages saying that you agree to accept money are fake?"
"Oh, THAT money? No, that's real."

Tunsils agent...supposedly.

View attachment 62162

I refuse to believe that that is real.

So a big time college player got paid money and smokes pot, where is the news?

I mean Tunsil was suspended for half the year last year for receiving benefits, how anyone is shocked he got paid ...I mean what do people think he was suspended for? And on the pot issue, as one of the talking heads said on the network half the kids picked 1-12 above him smoked pot at one time in their life. Nobody is holding it against them and about 60% of the entire NFL smokes pot these days. Tunsil didn't fail any drug test at Ole Miss or at the NFL Combine.

I mean the kid had a rough night. A lot of it was his own doing. But he didn't come off as a bad kid or an arrogant jerk. Seemed a bit naive. Best thing for him is he plays offensive line, a position that won't get a ton of attention. He isn't asked to be the face of a franchise. By the time Week 1 comes around this will be long forgotten.

http://deadspin.com/someones-been-trying-to-sell-that-laremy-tunsil-gas-mas-1773782920

Someone has been trying to shop this stuff around for weeks.

Kid smokes weed and got money for rent. Big deal.

If this bothers you, you shouldn't watch big time college sports.

re the Giants: WHAT. THE. FLUCK???!!!

according to John Mara, this was a 'very important draft', but IMO it certainly didn't play out that way for them.

no way.

in Fluckin hell.

just none.

its like they ranked 8 guys and said we are getting 1 of these 6 for sure, because somebody is taking Jack or Tunsil...and then didn't have an out plan at 10 if nobody did.

Apple may very well turn out to be a good to a great player, fine...whatever, but the issue is there is no way in Fn hell he is the 10th best player in this draft.

if they wanted to hold on to their 4th and not move up, I get it...but you better be able to drop back and pick something else up because the value in this draft between 10-40something isn't much different. but since it was apparent nobody wanted to...you have to make that move.

taking the QBs out of it, this was a 7 person draft...and the Giants drafted 8 and did nothing to stop it as everyone around them did.

I don't like being embarrassed, and I think the Giants got embarrassed last night.

better see a couple of HomeRuns tonight...

according to John Mara, this was a 'very important draft', but IMO it certainly didn't play out that way for them.

no way.

in Fluckin hell.

just none.

its like they ranked 8 guys and said we are getting 1 of these 6 for sure, because somebody is taking Jack or Tunsil...and then didn't have an out plan at 10 if nobody did.

Apple may very well turn out to be a good to a great player, fine...whatever, but the issue is there is no way in Fn hell he is the 10th best player in this draft.

if they wanted to hold on to their 4th and not move up, I get it...but you better be able to drop back and pick something else up because the value in this draft between 10-40something isn't much different. but since it was apparent nobody wanted to...you have to make that move.

taking the QBs out of it, this was a 7 person draft...and the Giants drafted 8 and did nothing to stop it as everyone around them did.

I don't like being embarrassed, and I think the Giants got embarrassed last night.

Totally agree. I think Eli Apple is a fine pick, but not at 10.

If you aren't getting a star in the first round, you need to set yourself up to get quality depth throughout the later rounds. I feel like we missed on both accounts.

Didn't watch the draft but I got to say Denver won round 1. How the Jets let Lynch get by them and the Broncos dealt very little to get their QB. Cleveland had the 2nd best night. They have 2 first round picks, 3 second round picks, 2 third round picks next year. If Cleveland drafts well they will be good in 2-3 years.

Good pick Buffalo. Lawson is a solid player.
Miami gambled on talent not a bad pick. Detroit or Indy would have taken Tunsil. Its freaking pot. I hope he is left alone.
Jets I have no clue why they took Lee over Lynch.

Giants took Eli Apple? What? They could have moved back 5 spots and gotten him. If the Jets wanted Tunsil like the rumor I read on PFT then why didn't they call the NYG and give them a 2nd or 3rd pick to get Tunsil.
Apple seems like a decent prospect but was he even the 2nd rated CB behind Ramsey?

Why didn't the Cowboys trade back? I don't think any of the first 9 teams would have taken Zeke Elliott. Elliott is a 3 down back but I don't think he was a top 5 pick.

I wonder who is going to trade up to get Myles Jack.

Didn't watch the draft but I got to say Denver won round 1. How the Jets let Lynch get by them and the Broncos dealt very little to get their QB. Cleveland had the 2nd best night. They have 2 first round picks, 3 second round picks, 2 third round picks next year. If Cleveland drafts well they will be good in 2-3 years.

Good pick Buffalo. Lawson is a solid player.
Miami gambled on talent not a bad pick. Detroit or Indy would have taken Tunsil. Its freaking pot. I hope he is left alone.
Jets I have no clue why they took Lee over Lynch.

Giants took Eli Apple? What?? They could have moved back 5 spots and gotten him. If the Jets wanted Tunsil like the rumor I read on PFT then why didn't they call the NYG and give them a 2nd or 3rd pick to get Tunsil.
Apple seems like a decent prospect but was he even the 2nd rated CB behind Ramsey?

Why didn't the Cowboys trade back? I don't think any of the first 9 teams would have taken Zeke Elliott. Elliott is a 3 down back but I don't think he was a top 5 pick.

I wonder who is going to trade up to get Myles Jack.

I almost want the Bills to take Jack if he's available at their pick but they need linebackers ready next year so that could easily blow up on them if he has to have surgery immediately. I don't get the impression that's the case but I haven't read a ton about his knee.

Totally agree. I think Eli Apple is a fine pick, but not at 10.

If you aren't getting a star in the first round, you need to set yourself up to get quality depth throughout the later rounds. I feel like we missed on both accounts.
I would be fine sitting here defending the character of Tunsil and the integrity of the Giants for drafting mr gasmask,

lets go 5 years and see where he is, if he has kept his nose clean...and he may very well, its not like hes failed tests like the pokes pick last year, then all is good.

but if they didn't draft him based on PR, then that's 2x now...La'el Collins being the other.

I almost want the Bills to take Jack if he's available at their pick but they need linebackers ready next year so that could easily blow up on them if he has to have surgery immediately. I don't get the impression that's the case but I haven't read a ton about his knee.
He will need microfracture surgery in the future. That will cost him a season. It will just be interesting how long the cartilage in his knees lasts.

A team like Tennessee or Cleveland should grab him for a redshirt year. If I wanted to be contender next year I wouldn't take him before the 3rd round.

Cowboys were contacted by Ravens about trading down, found out Baltimore also wanted Ezekiel Elliott - SportsDay
There was some early consternation about Dallas passing up the offer to trade down, but it turns out the Ravens had their eyes on Elliott as well.

Cowboys had talks with Baltimore about trading down ... but ultimately found out that Ravens were also wanting to draft Ezekiel Elliott.

The kid is a beast and will be the best back they have had since Smith.

I'm an Eagles fan. I hate the pick too. That guy is a beast.

Totally agree. They could not fix their D with a first round pick this year. What they did do however was make sure they could run the ball like they did in 2014 with Murray where their D was on the field 12 plays a game less. This kid with that O line is going to be special.

no way.

in Fluckin hell.

just none.

I think you nailed it. They didn't see Tunsil or Jack falling. They should have taken Tunsil but they're too conservative to take the heat. Their OL has been mediocre for a few years.

I would love for Buffalo to move up in the second round to get one of the top end DT's. If not I like Hunter Henry, Correa or Cravens who look to be available around our spot.

Really like Shaq Lawson after hearing how he'll be used in Rex's defense.

I think you nailed it. They didn't see Tunsil or Jack falling. They should have taken Tunsil but they're too conservative to take the heat. Their OL has been mediocre for a few years.
John Mara wouldn't be called classy every time he opened his mouth like the national media mandates if his team took Tunsil.
Why they didn't trade out and get Decker if they wanted an OL or take the talent of Tunsil is interesting.

Also, why did the Eagles trade up Wentz when they could have gotten Lynch later. Wentz doesn't scream a sure thing which is what you trade up for. Roseman must be getting killed in Philly. I get next year's Qb class is Deshaun Watson and nothing but Philly gambled on an unknown IMO.