NFL Thread | Page 19 | Syracusefan.com

NFL Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes they were pretty dang impressive. Kind of deflating as a Bills fan to see that with a 3rd string QB. So what do you think about the chances against the Cardinals? It'll be interesting to see what changes Lynn makes with play calling. Hopefully Gilmore and Darby are looking for redemption. I have a hard time believing they will ever be as bad as last week again let alone doing it two weeks in a row.
I'll say this..

IF we beat Arizona, I think we'll beat NE and possibly save the season.

IF we lose. Season over. Implosion. This is the biggest game of Rex's life.

Honestly, I think we'll win. Injuries and suspensions aside, we're not as bad as we've looked 0-2 and I don't think Arizona is some juggernaut.

You guys can beat the Cardinals. They are flying east for a 1pm start so they will be vulnerable for a quick start from Buffalo as you guys are coming off a mini bye.

If Rex doesn't copy the Patriots defense he will be moron. Keep both safeties deep and force Carson to play mistake free and go the length of the field. The Cardinals want to score fast and go deep but if you take that away they will screw up on 3rd down and stall.

I don't think the Cardinals D is that good either. They blitz a lot and can be beaten over the middle of the field. If Buffalo wins the turnover battle I like their chances.
Haha. You just named the two keys to winning that game...and they are things we never do lol.

Keep safeties deep. Nope. Man to Man on an island all game.

Throw to the middle. Well, Tyrod either can't or Roman never allowed it.

Won't happen. Rex will bring pressure and get beat deep. Bad matchup IMO.
Arians is a good HC so that is whre Arizona has an advantage. If Rex goes meathead and does the stupid double A gap blitz stuff I would expect John Brown to have a big game.

Arizona gets frustrated when they can't go deep. Carson isn't a patience QB.

I thought from the beginning the AFC East teams got hard openings to their season. Specifically Buffalo, New York, and Miami.

Buffalo getting @Balt, NYJ, Arz, @NE
NYJ getting Cin, @Buf, @KC, Sea
Miami getting @Sea, @NE, Cle, @Cin

I honestly don't see Buffalo beating NE next week even if they bet Arizona. NE D can hold Taylor down especially if Watkins isn't 100% and Garoppolo is likely to start next week. He would have been the backup if this week's game was on Sunday. It will be close but I don't see the Pats losing at home unless they turn the ball over atleast 2 times.

Seriously. Their system, prep, coaching, and attention to detail is amazing. Agreed about Fisher as well. Belichick could prep a guy like Cade McNown in a short week and get a W.

Belichek from Jets to Pats = Ruth from Sox to Yanks...

do the pats have a 4th string QB??

brissett apparently tore his thumb ligament in his throwing hand.

Probably good enough against the Bills sadly

I would imagine with the extra rest, they would try to get Garrafolo ready, and sign someone. Either that or just go direct snap to the rb the entire game, they would still figure out a way to win.

LOL Brissett is out next week. The Bills are going to face Garoppolo most likely and they will likely injury reserve Brissett and sign a bum on the street as the backup.

This is awesome.

LOL Brissett is out next week. The Bills are going to face Garoppolo most likely and they will likely injury reserve Brissett and sign a bum on the street as the backup.

This is awesome.

Bring in JP losman

Adams. Cut him right after the game.

So much stupidity in this game today by the Giants. Dumb penalties, fumbles, and Eli has had his head up his...

I guess the Giants are no longer unbeatable, haha Eli.

So much stupidity in this game today by the Giants. Dumb penalties, fumbles, and Eli has had his head up his...
I'd make them all run 100 laps. No discipline at all. Everyone of those penalties bit them in their butt.

Only unbeatable against Dallas this season. Still going 10-6 which should be enough...

We will see, If Dal wins tonight we will have a tie, assuming Phi loses, which they will.

I'd make them all run 100 laps. No discipline at all. Everyone of those penalties bit them in their butt.

Yup. The one on the blocked punt was just enormous and unnecessary...reminded me of the fighting penalty on Cuse against UNC in 96 that took away a blocked punt TD. It was so bad that I wonder if he didn't realize we had blocked the kick? Otherwise, no idea.

I will say that Richburg's was a bad call. That was clean, and it was the refs being all spooked about the Norman-OBJ thing. Still, it was unnecessary to even hit him there.

Eli spent way too much time throwing to our scrubs who weren't even open. So many mistakes.

Yup. The one on the blocked punt was just enormous and unnecessary...reminded me of the fighting penalty on Cuse against UNC in 96 that took away a blocked punt TD. It was so bad that I wonder if he didn't realize we had blocked the kick? Otherwise, no idea.

I will say that Richburg's was a bad call. That was clean, and it was the refs being all spooked about the Norman-OBJ thing. Still, it was unnecessary to even hit him there.

Eli spent way too much time throwing to our scrubs who weren't even open. So many mistakes.

I totally forgot about that Unc game, that was brutal, ya the Giants lost their composure, Beckham needs to calm the hell down, he is out of control at times, and its rubbing off on his teammates.

I totally forgot about that Unc game, that was brutal, ya the Giants lost their composure, Beckham needs to calm the hell down, he is out of control at times, and its rubbing off on his teammates.

I don't think it's fair to blame Beckham for anything but his own mistakes. He made one...a penalty where he basically set a Pitt level moving screen. But overall he played very well and had nothing to do with us losing this game.

His sideline freak out was understandable...on the first play of the drive there was nobody within 50 yards of him and Eli didn't see him. Then he made a couple great plays in a row to take us down the field, he was in the zone, we had momentum...and we throw an INT to a covered Tye who gave up on the route/didn't fight for the ball. If we're going to force it to a covered player there...it's gotta be Beckham. He was unstoppable that whole drive. It was yet another drive where we stopped ourselves. Incredibly frustrating to watch. I felt his pain that time.

Washington carved up that Giants D today. They couldn't stop them.

Eli has the most 4th Q INTs of all QBs in the NFL active now.

Philly with Wentz looks good I don't think they will hold this halftime lead against Pittsburgh but man does Cleveland look dumb for trading this pick.

Los Angeles and that moron Jeff Fisher should get questioned for taking Goff over Wentz. Goff can't get on the field.

Washington carved up that Giants D today. They couldn't stop them.

Eli has the most 4th Q INTs of all QBs in the NFL active now.

Philly with Wentz looks good I don't think they will hold this halftime lead against Pittsburgh but man does Cleveland look dumb for trading this pick.

Los Angeles and that moron Jeff Fisher should get questioned for taking Goff over Wentz. Goff can't get on the field.

Eh, they moved the ball effectively. Giants had some key stops too though. Of course, special teams blew one of them by giving up the fake punt pass for 30 yards. Would've been a huge defensive stop.

Apple and DRC going down was huge. Our DB injury train never stops, year after year. Of course, Washington had the same issues and we didn't take advantage.

Eh, they moved the ball effectively. Giants had some key stops too though. Of course, special teams blew one of them by giving up the fake punt pass for 30 yards. Would've been a huge defensive stop.

Apple and DRC going down was huge. Our DB injury train never stops, year after year. Of course, Washington had the same issues and we didn't take advantage.

The Redskins really carved the Giants up, remember the end of the first half, The skins had a lock 3 points and screwed it up by mismanaging the clock.

The Redskins really carved the Giants up, remember the end of the first half, The skins had a lock 3 points and screwed it up by mismanaging the clock.

Yardage was about equal, both teams were stupid...they were a little less stupid.

Forgot about Vernon's roughing the passer penalty on a 3rd and 14 incompletion. That plus the fake punt...two would be "stops" negated and free chances handed to Washington's offense, where they ended up getting points. Though their special teams deserve credit for executing the fake punt. They also got points after a long punt return. Their special teams won them the game...and if we didn't negate our blocked punt, their special teams probably would've lost them the game. Amazing.

Yardage was about equal, both teams were stupid...they were a little less stupid.

Forgot about Vernon's roughing the passer penalty on a 3rd and 14 incompletion. That plus the fake punt...two would be "stops" negated and free chances handed to Washington's offense, where they ended up getting points. Though their special teams deserve credit for executing the fake punt. They also got points after a long punt return. Their special teams won them the game...and if we didn't negate our blocked punt, their special teams probably would've lost them the game. Amazing.

I have to give credit on the fake punt, that might have been the best pass I have ever seen from a kicker.

Status
Not open for further replies.