Not open for further replies.
The Old NFC East was the old gold standard for HC
Washington-Joe Gibbs.
Philly-Buddy Ryan
Dallas-Tom Landry/Jimmy Johnson
NY Giants- Bill Parcells

now you have Jay Gruden, Doug Peterson, Jason Garrett, Ben McAdoo
Not exactly that scary.

There are a few other good HCs in the league. Sean Payton, Mike Zimmer,John Harbaugh, Gary Kubiak right now are the only ones close. Coughlin was in this group. There are other decent coaches like Marvin Lewis, Andy Reid, Mike Tomlin types but they can't beat Belichick.
There is a head coach problem in the league. They need more talented HCs. The league is full of doofus HCs.

Belichick is the best because he has total control over the roster as well and is the GM. Thus, he is ruthless in making sure nobody rules his salary cap.

All of those are good coaches, I I would put Coughlin ahead of those guys. Bellichick is in the group with Lombari and Walsh.

Its not the team its the coach. There are like 3 coaches in the NFL in Belichick's league. While their is a dearth of good QBs in the league there is an even bigger drain on HC talent. Coughlin is one of the few HCs in Belichick's league thus I give him the respect he deserves.

The reason the AFC East has been a joke is there hasn't been a HC close to Belichick's league. Nick Saban stayed 2 years and got out. He is the only one who was close.

It's funny the different perspective of fans depending on their team's experience. As an Eagles fan I saw my team torture Coughlin over and over. Good man, I respect him and his accomplishments but nothing that would provoke fear as an opposing fan.

Buffalo is going to be without Sammy Watkins, Greg Salas, and their starting LT and RT. I mean I feel bad for them. If Brady was playing this would be a get Rex Ryan fired game. I still think it will be close as I don't know how well the Pats offense will be but with all these injuries Rex Ryan should have ST FU this week instead of being this knucklehead on the conference call.

Props to the Bills for a complete beat down of the Patriots. Way more impressed with the Bills offense dismantling the Pats defense. Pats offense with a 3rd string QB is obviously going to be limited but Buffalo's offense has been awesome.

Props to the Bills for a complete beat down of the Patriots. Way more impressed with the Bills offense dismantling the Pats defense. Pats offense with a 3rd string QB is obviously going to be limited but Buffalo's offense has been awesome.

I have to be honest, I am shocked right now, never thought the Bills could do this.

Bills with season saving wins two weeks in a row... @LA, SF, and @Mia is a string of winnable games. Have to take care of business these next three weeks to be sitting at 5-2 when Pats come to Orchard Park on the 30th.

Tyrod did a great job taking care of the ball and distributing the ball to a variety of guys today. And Shady is a stud.

D looked great again... Get Marcel back next week (off suspension) and Shaq in a few weeks (off injury) and we'll have even more defensive playmakers for Rex to utilize.

Bills haven't strung wins together in 16 years... time to make it happen.

Bills with season saving wins two weeks in a row... @LA, SF, and @Mia is a string of winnable games. Have to take care of business these next three weeks to be sitting at 5-2 when Pats come to Orchard Park on the 30th.

Tyrod did a great job taking care of the ball and distributing the ball to a variety of guys today. And Shady is a stud.

D looked great again... Get Marcel back next week (off suspension) and Shaq in a few weeks (off injury) and we'll have even more defensive playmakers for Rex to utilize.

Bills haven't strung wins together in 16 years... time to make it happen.

Its amazing, the Bills can't beat the Jets or Ravens, but they beat up on the Cards and Pats, two of the best teams in the league.

Its amazing, the Bills can't beat the Jets or Ravens, but they beat up on the Cards and Pats, two of the best teams in the league.

They removed the impediment, Greg Roman.

Cowboys off to a shaky start, but dak has got us back in the game.

Chargers are the worst coached team in the league.....why can't we hire coaches. :(

We better win this one.

Chargers are the worst coached team in the league...why can't we hire coaches. :(

We better win this one.

Chargers totally blowing this...

Chargers totally blowing this...

Yeah, McCoy is perhaps the greatest coach in NFL history for taking 4th Quarter leads, of any size, and losing them. I realize it's turnovers, but at a certain point.....you know it's all McCoy and the coaching in general.

Yeah, McCoy is perhaps the greatest coach in NFL history for taking 4th Quarter leads, of any size, and losing them. I realize it's turnovers, but at a certain point...you know it's all McCoy and the coaching in general.

McCoy and Rivers should be on suicide watch tonight.

Chargers under McCoy:

Take big lead.
- Look at what's been working on offense - reverse course.
- If the defense is known for being bad at stopping the run - pass more! If they're known for being bad at stopping the pass - try running the ball!!!
- Ensure most snaps in second half occur after audibles with 2 or 1 second on the clock so the defense can tee off on us.
- Look at what's been working on defense - back the off of that nonsense!
- Turn the ball over if everything else is failing. Usually the other options will be enough.

Every game. Every week. Same thing. Yawn.

I really thought we would win this one too...they keep tricking me! Same as every other week though! lololol

I hate McCoy. I hate Pagano. Whisenhunt can go too.

I am 99.3% certain McCoy is still employed by the Broncos.

And Joey Bosa can off too. I mean, I know we suck and did that to ensure he would injure himself, but whatever. Run some stairs, stay in shape you hoser so you don't get hurt after every third step once football stuff starts.

Eagles sitting atop the NFC East at 3-0. lol I'm not buying it until they're up two games with one to play. Wentz is getting all of the attention and he deserves it but the really shocking part is the defense. Holding Big Ben and crew to a FG? I would have given you 50-1 on that happening.

It's just expectations. I think most people knew they had the best defense in the division. Which doesn't mean much if/when your offense is a tire fire. There was little reason to believe it wouldn't be.

It's a lot less controversial to say this now after yesterday [though it was considered a "hot take" when I mentioned it elsewhere after week 1], but IDK about Arizona. Didn't understand why everyone gave them a free pass for that NE game. I could see if it was just Brady out @NE, or a bunch of bad fumbling luck; but NE was missing Gronk and both Tackles on top of Brady, AZ was home, and +2 in fumbles/turnovers. Was only 1 game but lots of red flags there; almost impossible for a true SB contender to lose with all that going for them..
Unless NE is just so good that they're going to wreck everyone when healthy which I guess is possible.

It's just expectations. I think most people knew they had the best defense in the division. Which doesn't mean much if/when your offense is a tire fire. There was little reason to believe it wouldn't be.

It's a lot less controversial to say this now after yesterday [though it was considered a "hot take" when I mentioned it elsewhere after week 1], but IDK about Arizona. Didn't understand why everyone gave them a free pass for that NE game. I could see if it was just Brady out @NE, or a bunch of bad fumbling luck; but NE was missing Gronk and both Tackles on top of Brady, AZ was home, and +2 in fumbles/turnovers. Was only 1 game but lots of red flags there; almost impossible for a true SB contender to lose with all that going for them..
Unless NE is just so good that they're going to wreck everyone when healthy which I guess is possible.

Last year they had the worst defense in the division. Part of that was the fatigue generated from Chip's offense and part was due to injuries. They've made some nice FA pickups to supplement a strong DL.

Status
Not open for further replies.