NFL Thread | Page 27 | Syracusefan.com

NFL Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can the Giants have their own thread? Good God you guys are delusional.

Really impressed by ATL here in defeat. They're the nfc co-fav with Dallas right now imo.

I could see the Skins getting a playoff spot, I think we can all agree that the Giants and Philly aren't good enough.
Right now, no. But it's a long season. Counting chickens usually doesn't work out well. :)

Right now, no. But it's a long season. Counting chickens usually doesn't work out well. :)

I'm usually a pessimist when it comes to my teams, but you have to like what you have seen so far.

The Nfc east is a one team race.

Lets not get crazy. It is still anyone's to take.

The only thing we know for sure is Romo isn't getting his job back unless Dak goes down with an injury. Kid just went into GB and walked out a winner.

Can the Giants have their own thread? Good God you guys are delusional.

Really impressed by ATL here in defeat. They're the nfc co-fav with Dallas right now imo.
Yeah Atlanta went back to back at Denver and at Seattle and could have gone 2-0 if Sanu doesn't drop that pass.
NFC favorites are 4 way IMO Dallas/Minnesota/Atlanta/Seattle all 4 of those teams look legit.

The only thing we know for sure is Romo isn't getting his job back unless Dak goes down with an injury. Kid just went into GB and walked out a winner.

Ok its a two team race, Wash is playing pretty well right now.

Everyone is talking about Dak and Romo, here is the thing no one is talking about, The Cowboys are dominating games without Dez Bryant, wait till he comes back.

Seeing how much money Houston gave Brock Osweiler how much do you think the patriots will get for Jimmy garappolo?
I think they will get a 1st round pick this year and conditionally 2nd or 3rd rounder that could become another 1st.

Vernon Davis got a celebration penalty for shooting a jump shot through the cross bar after a TD. With the extra 15 yards on the kickoff Philly ran it back for a TD. Don't have a dog in this fight except screw you Goodell.

Vernon Davis Draws Weak Excessive Celebration Flag, Eagles Return Ensuing Kickoff for TD

I hear ya re Goodell but are there any more stupid creatures roaming the planet than NFL players. He knows the rule but decides that since it's all about Vernon then who cares about the 15 yards. Same with OBJ.

Last edited:
One thing for sure - the NFC looks a helluva lot stronger than the AFC at this point in the season.

Remaining QB's on Pats schedule: Landry Jones, Tyron Taylor, Russell Wilson, Colin Kaepernick, Case Keenum, Joe Flacco, Trevor Siemian, Ryan Tannehill, Ryan Fitzpatrick twice.

1 elite QB- Wilson and the rest bottom half of the league QBs.

The AFC might not be as strong as the NFC but New England is going 13-3 or 14-2.

Brady in 2 games 76% completion percentage, 782 yards, 6 TDs, 0 INTs. 135.5 QB rating.

Outside of Matt Ryan keeping it up Brady could very well make a run at NFL MVP only playing 12 games.

Seeing how much money Houston gave Brock Osweiler how much do you think the patriots will get for Jimmy garappolo?
I think they will get a 1st round pick this year and conditionally 2nd or 3rd rounder that could become another 1st.

Why would they get rid of him if they think he's for real.

Why would they get rid of him if they think he's for real.
He clinched his trade by sitting out the Buffalo game week 4. He could have played in pain but didn't want to risk his long term career.
With how protected QBs are Brady can play another 2-3 years. They aren't keeping the guy and getting nothing for him. Brady isn't going anywhere. Trade Jimmy G and get that first round pick Goodell stole from them.

Chicago and Cleveland look like the teams he could get traded too. As Cleveland has an extra 1st round pick from Philly and Chicago is where Jimmy is from.

I get the new rules point & the nutritionist or whatever. I buy that as reasonable explanations for why he's already the only qb in history to not lose a step at age 39. Don't totally buy it for that continuing beyond 41. But who knows knowing the Bills luck, Father Time may suffer his first loss.

For Garappolo to be the next guy Brady would have to be traded after this year. Garappolo only has 1 more year on his contract thus the team either has to give him the keys next year or he will be gone. They aren't giving him the keys after this year.

They can get a 1st round pick for him and rebuild the roster. Brady is eventually going to suck but he can play another 2-3 years. Manning fell apart because of his neck. Brees is still playing well at 38. QBs can play longer if they say in good shape and don't get hammered. Brady's doesn't throw to many deep balls either so as long as his arm strength is just decent he can play.

KaiserUEO you still thinking Giants-Steelers in the Super Bowl?
What do you think of Ben McAdoo as the HC? He seems to have little respect from his best player OBJ.
Giants season is on the line this week in London. Win and they survive and lose they are done.

Wildcards in the NFC are wide open. NFC East, Green Bay, Arizona, LA Rams, Detroit, New Orleans fighting for 2 spots.

AFC: New England, Pittsburgh, Denver are playoff teams. Houston likely will win the South.

San Diego, Kansas City, Oakland, Baltimore, Buffalo fighting for 2 spots.

For Garappolo to be the next guy Brady would have to be traded after this year. Garappolo only has 1 more year on his contract thus the team either has to give him the keys next year or he will be gone. They aren't giving him the keys after this year.

They can get a 1st round pick for him and rebuild the roster. Brady is eventually going to suck but he can play another 2-3 years. Manning fell apart because of his neck. Brees is still playing well at 38. QBs can play longer if they say in good shape and don't get hammered. Brady's doesn't throw to many deep balls either so as long as his arm strength is just decent he can play.

The inability of Mickey Loomis to give Brees any defense drives me nuts. There's no doubt that if the Saints even had an average Defense he would at least have another SB win. Brady/Brees are 1 and 2 in the QB pecking order for me. Roethlisberger doesn't have the durability anymore and Rodgers hasn't been good since 2014.

I don't want to hear anything about Rodgers until he starts producing again. Enough of blaming it on his receivers. He missed wide open guys yesterday. We are on to 20 plus games he's been average to below. Looks like a guy that's been hit too much.

The inability of Mickey Loomis to give Brees any defense drives me nuts. There's no doubt that if the Saints even had an average Defense he would at least have another SB win. Brady/Brees are 1 and 2 in the QB pecking order for me. Roethlisberger doesn't have the durability anymore and Rodgers hasn't been good since 2014.

I don't want to hear anything about Rodgers until he starts producing again. Enough of blaming it on his receivers. He missed wide open guys yesterday. We are on to 20 plus games he's been average to below. Looks like a guy that's been hit too much.
Rodgers has definitely slumped the last 2 years. Those 2 Hail Marys last year made his season look better. I blame his coach a little. They don't gameplan at all. They have little scheme to their offense. He holds the ball a lot and doesn't get rid of it fast.

I think Ben is clearly the best QB of the Rivers/Manning/Roethlisberger draft class. He gets hurt and misses game but he is a tough player and he just seems like the best reader of defenses and passer.

Brees has been screwed by his defense. They have wasted draft picks. That 2011 season was truly wasted by the Saints they were better than the 49ers and if they win that game they beat the Giants as well. Their first rounder this year is hurt, and I don't know how Peat is doing on the OL but I thought they should have gone D with that pick. Anthony has been good at LB. The year the Saints won the SB they weren't really that good on D they just mastered turning the opponent over and capitalizing on that. NO needs to get turnovers. They are still in the playoff race.

Yeah Atlanta went back to back at Denver and at Seattle and could have gone 2-0 if Sanu doesn't drop that pass.
NFC favorites are 4 way IMO Dallas/Minnesota/Atlanta/Seattle all 4 of those teams look legit.

Also the refs were too scared to call an obvious PI on Sherman

The Colts should be embarrassed, they have one of the best young qb's to come along in years, and they are so bad around him.

The Colts should be embarrassed, they have one of the best young qb's to come along in years, and they are so bad around him.

He's overrated. Another guy who stares down pressure.

Status
Not open for further replies.