NFL Thread | Page 63 | Syracusefan.com

NFL Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't imagine him getting another NFL head coaching job. First of all, he's not even a good coach. He only has six winning seasons out of 22 total. Second, he'll become the all-time losingest coach in league history after his next loss, or his first loss with the theoretical team that hires him. That's terrible PR. Finally, his "system" is outdated.

Maybe he'll get a head coaching gig for a college team somewhere. Most likely he's headed to the broadcast booth.

Hell, if Chucky can get a booth job, Fisher sure can.

And who would hire him for another HC job, knowing as soon as he loses his first game he'll be the all time leader in coaching losses? The local media would go spastic with "What did you expect?" stories. What GM would sign his own walking papers by inviting that?

Last edited:
Dak allows the Cowboys to have mobility in the pocket and allows the team to run some zone read with Zeke.
Romo would gamble and with that D it wouldn't be smart. Dez and Witten would want Romo because he would force them balls. Zeke would lose carries if Romo took over.

This is Brady-Bledsoe Ii. Go look at Brady's stats against the Miami Dolphins in 2001-2003. He always struggled with those Jason Taylor/Zack Thomas/Sam Madison Dolphins teams.
Dak struggles with the Giants but I wouldn't replace him yet. Just feed Zeke more.
Romo is infinitely better than Bledsoe at that time.

Romo is infinitely better than Bledsoe at that time.
No he isn't. Bledsoe wasn't 36 with a bad back. Romo won't stay healthy he could get hurt any hit. He is brittle.
Bledsoe had some good years with Buffalo.
Romo isn't going to play another 16 game schedule. Bledsoe did it 3 more times.
Bledsoe got to a SB with NE as well he was a good QB.

Romo always struck me as a place-holder, just some guy who'll do the job until a real QB comes along. It appears now that has finally occurred. I don't know whoever thought he was a legitimate QB, but his time with the Cowboys shows more screw-ups than big plays in big games. I'll miss him. :D

No he isn't. Bledsoe wasn't 36 with a bad back. Romo won't stay healthy he could get hurt any hit. He is brittle.
Bledsoe's 2001 ring was deserved, he won the AFC Champ game in relief of an injured tommyboy if I recall correctly...

I know Bledsoe was a good QB. 2014 Romo (Romo's last full season and his best) was better than 2000 Bledsoe. Romo's health is irrelevant to the conversation. If he gets hurt, Prescott will obviously replace him.

Romo would be even better this year, probably more interceptions, but definitely more touchdowns.

It might work out well if Romo is inserted in the next week or two. The likelihood of him going uninjured if he were inserted a month ago were not that great.

Hell, if Chucky can get a booth job, Fisher sure can.

And who would hire him for another HC job, knowing as soon as he loses his first game he'll be the all time leader in coaching losses? The local media would go spastic with "What did you expect?" stories. What GM would sign his own walking papers by inviting that?

The fact that he had 6 winning seasons out of 22 would seem to work against his future employment in the NFL, no?

Romo always struck me as a place-holder, just some guy who'll do the job until a real QB comes along. It appears now that has finally occurred. I don't know whoever thought he was a legitimate QB, but his time with the Cowboys shows more screw-ups than big plays in big games. I'll miss him. :D

Not a Cowboy fan in the least but that assessment is unduly harsh. He's a pretty good QB.

As a Cowboy fan, I'd love to face the Giants in the divisional round.

Romo has won six of his last seven starts against the Giants. ;)
romo was a very good QB when not injured, who...yes, always gave the Giants fits.

despite that, Eli 'has his back'...

So giants coach confirms that the balls felt squishy. They tested the balls and they were low. Sources show both came in under 11.5. Pretty much confirms either Steelers deflated or science did. Luckily ESPN is practicing journalistic integrity and staying out of this story.

NFL international schedule for 2017.
London
Baltimore-Jacksonville
Miami-New Orleans
Minnesota-Cleveland
Arizona-LA Rams
Mexico City
New England-Oakland MNF

Lmao, London's been waiting like 10 years now for a good game and they go and give Mexico City New England-Oakland.

Czlh2S9XUAAxtxr

King Jerrah wants the Giants investigated for walkie talkie gate. I agree with Jerrah. Time to go after those goodie two shooing Mara's. Throw the book at em. Sounds like it's worth a first round pick and a suspension for Eli and McAdoo.

King Jerrah wants the Giants investigated for walkie talkie gate. I agree with Jerrah. Time to go after those goodie two shooing Mara's. Throw the book at em. Sounds like it's worth a first round pick and a suspension for Eli and McAdoo.
After Father Flanagan err John Mara got away with Josh Brown.
I hope the league investigates this and Mara gets fined and his team get stained.
Deflategate II wasn't even mentioned on ESPN or with that stooge Cris Collinsworth during SNF.

Mara led the charge in Deflategate and Bountygate.

Lmao, London's been waiting like 10 years now for a good game and they go and give Mexico City New England-Oakland.
Oakland is Mexico City, and NE couldn't be more out of place, but a good team vs Oakland there is $.. It was crazy this past game. I had 2 of my best friends (Raiders) season ticket holders there, they couldn't believe every club/bar was almost 100% Raiders there, (home game).

Prescott' last three games:

46 - 79, 499 yards, 3 TD, 2 INT, 77 rushing yards, 1 rushing TD, 3 fumbles

Not terrible, but things are trending in the wrong direction. Romo couldn't have done better? Tampa Bay feels like another 10 - 7 game.

So giants coach confirms that the balls felt squishy. They tested the balls and they were low. Sources show both came in under 11.5. Pretty much confirms either Steelers deflated or science did. Luckily ESPN is practicing journalistic integrity and staying out of this story.

After Father Flanagan err John Mara got away with Josh Brown.
I hope the league investigates this and Mara gets fined and his team get stained.
Deflategate II wasn't even mentioned on ESPN or with that stooge Cris Collinsworth during SNF.

Mara led the charge in Deflategate and Bountygate.

Dan Shaughnessy: Please, Patriots, give up the Deflategate fight - The Boston Globe

Status
Not open for further replies.