NFL Thread | Page 61 | Syracusefan.com

NFL Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Stafford is tough, the Lions are better than people think. I love all the Cowboys haters all coming out, they dominate for three months, win at Lambeu, win at Pitt, win at Min, beat the skins twice, and now they have an off game and lose by 3, and now they aren't any good.
I'm on Team Stafford
th

Stafford is tough, the Lions are better than people think. I love all the Cowboys haters all coming out, they dominate for three months, win at Lambeu, win at Pitt, win at Min, beat the skins twice, and now they have an off game and lose by 3, and now they aren't any good.

They're a good team, but you can't expect too much credit from a bunch of Giants fans minutes after the Giants just beat them for the second time.

The Giants still have a lot of work to do to make the playoffs, remember they don't have the tiebreaker over Gb, or Wash at the moment.

Thats great, the Giants haven't made the playoffs in 5 years, and have major offensive problems all year long, The Cowboys have had a couple of bad games, last time I checked they are still 11-2.
LOL - someone is sounding a little butthurt and grasping at straws. On the flipside, the Pokes have made the playoffs once in 6 years. So what? The fact is, the New York Football Giants are the LAST team you want to see in the playoffs this year.

It's beginning to look a lot like 2007.

LOL - someone is sounding a little butthurt and grasping at straws. On the flipside, the Pokes have made the playoffs once in 6 years. So what? The fact is, the New York Football Giants are the LAST team you want to see in the playoffs this year.

He is without a doubt butthurt but at the same time you guys are vastly over rating a 10-7 win where both offenses looked like the belonged in Cleveland.

He is without a doubt butthurt but at the same time you guys are vastly over rating a 10-7 win where both offenses looked like the belonged in Cleveland.

We've won with defense and the rest of the football world underestimating us before. We're comfortable here.

Not really overestimating anything. He brought up we hadn't made the playoffs in 5 years - my response was so what. Offense looks awful. No doubt about that. This team is exactly the opposite of what I thought it would be before the year started. I figured we would be in high-scoring shootouts all year. I didn't see this offense struggling. Guess I made a smart move by not tying my income to anything football-related. ;)

In response to your post, this defense if beginning to have that 'special' feel. That 2007/2011 feel. Will it translate into anything in the playoffs? We shall see.

The Giants still have a lot of work to do to make the playoffs, remember they don't have the tiebreaker over Gb, or Wash at the moment.
wrong. They actually can clinch this week if they win and teams lose.

Gmen baby!!!!

absolutely. Cant freaking wait till the playoffs

This was the Giants Super bowl, and they looked anything but impressive.
Somebody took their stupid pills.

The Giants actually play in SuperBowls, little d doesn't even win playoff games.

Dak was dominated last night. Giants deserve credit for holding the Cowboys to 7 points.
However man is Eli Manning totally playing bad. He isn't even average right now.

The NFC is wide open. The AFC is less open though.

Only 1 team from last night is thinking of changing QBs.

Hint, it's the ones who wear un-pretty helmets.

Gostowski may be struggling this year but he made a longer kick to beat the Giants last year than Bailey left short this yesterday. Bailey I guess doesn't have the biggest leg as 55 yarder is not that long to leave short.

Dak was dominated last night. Giants deserve credit for holding the Cowboys to 7 points.
However man is Eli Manning totally playing bad. He isn't even average right now.

The NFC is wide open. The AFC is less open though.

He's 11th in the league in yards and 9th in the league in TDs. This with one of the worst running games in the league and a turnstile LT watching his blindside.

Yes, he made a couple huge mistakes that were on him last night. I know non Giants fans like to take any opportunity they see to get on him. But let's not exaggerate it.

I'm confident that he'll look a lot better if Pugh plays at his usual high level when he returns.

He's 11th in the league in yards and 9th in the league in TDs. This with one of the worst running games in the league and a turnstile LT watching his blindside.

Yes, he made a couple huge mistakes that were on him last night. I know non Giants fans like to take any opportunity they see to get on him. But let's not exaggerate it.

I'm confident that he'll look a lot better if Pugh plays at his usual high level when he returns.
Please don't lose sight of the fact that there's only 1 team in the NFL that sucks, with a lousy QB...who deserves criticism...and that's the Giants.

And that the pretty helmet team has already been crowned champions...

Last edited:

You're putting a lot on Pugh. I'm sure he'll help out a lot but their OL problems run deeper than not having Pugh. They need to develop some semblance of a running game or else it will be very difficult to win on the road in January.

You're putting a lot on Pugh. I'm sure he'll help out a lot but their OL problems run deeper than not having Pugh. They need to develop some semblance of a running game or else it will be very difficult to win on the road in January.
One thing that will help...is whenever OBJ decides to stop dropping easy TD passes.

One thing that will help...is whenever OBJ decides to stop dropping easy TD passes.
Or maybe OBJ stops taking 10 yard slants 61 yards.

Captain Checkdown had an easy TD last night if he didn't fumble the ball. OBJ is the only reason your team scored a TD last night.
You guys have a better team than I thought and I give the GM credit for spending the money properly on the defense. I don't think your offense is good enough to win 3-4 playoffs games though.

Or maybe OBJ stops taking 10 yard slants 61 yards.

Captain Checkdown had an easy TD last night if he didn't fumble the ball. OBJ is the only reason your team scored a TD last night.
You guys have a better team than I thought and I give the GM credit for spending the money properly on the defense. I don't think your offense is good enough to win 3-4 playoffs games though.
Yep, 1 slipped out of his hands...shoot him.

He will need to let 10 more slip out to equal Odell's dropped TD total.

Regardless, Ill send you a pic from Broadway in a month.

Status
Not open for further replies.