NFL Thread | Page 65 | Syracusefan.com

NFL Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I mean John Mara is the biggest POS in the NFL. I take solace in the fact anyone who isn't blind knows this.I don't hate the Giants but I hate Mara.

John Mara on Steelers footballs: "much ado about nothing".
John Mara in May of 2015 on Deflategate: "The league did what it was supposed to do."

I mean John Mara is the biggest POS in the NFL. I take solace in the fact anyone who isn't blind knows this.I don't hate the Giants but I hate Mara.

John Mara on Steelers footballs: "much ado about nothing".
John Mara in May of 2015 on Deflategate: "The league did what it was supposed to do."
apparently the entire football watching and knowledgeable US is blind.

wasn't the Steeler football thing debunked??

do you really think the Mara's would do that to the Rooney's??

theyd rather team up and screw kraft, jer-uh and snyder.

He is still in line for ROY and if he gets back on track this week MVP. Don't kid yourself otherwise.

On track for what regarding the MVP? He's not going to win the MVP award if that's what you're suggesting.

apparently the entire football watching and knowledgeable US is blind.

wasn't the Steeler football thing debunked??

do you really think the Mara's would do that to the Rooney's??

theyd rather team up and screw kraft, jer-uh and snyder.
John Mara is Marc Davis with a better haircut.

Matthew Stafford needs to be in the top group(at least until he gets shut down this weekend...)

I think both the Giants and pokes have 1 more loss in them, which still gives the division to dallas.

right now, im still looking behind me and not in front of.

between the iggs, pitt, wash and the viks...im still surprised the pokes didn't lose 1...or 2.

bastards...

Well they did show Coughlin the door for Jerry Reese and Ben "I'm stuck in the 1980's" McAdoo. I don't agree with everything Alsacs argues, but he's got a point here.

For the bulk of his time in Dallas he had a shitty oline and no defense. He carried the team on his back.

So he may not be Roger or Troy he was still pretty damn good.

The kid has won 11 games this year, Troy Aikman won zero as a rookie, zero, he is allowed to have an off game.

If Prescott remains at QB, I could see them losing their remaining games in the same way they did Sunday night. The Cowboys have created an odd scenario where they can't play their best QB.

So it doesn't look like I'm just overreacting to Sunday's game, I am on record (in this thread I believe) saying that the Cowboys should go back to Romo as soon as he is healthy. Play your best players.

I think that is a vast overreaction.

It's not an overreaction. I wanted Romo back as soon as he was healthy. It's in this thread.

Why because he lost a game? Eli played worse than Dak did on Sunday, and Giant fans aren't calling for Nassib. If he plays poorly again on sunday, we can have the discussion.

Why because he lost a game? Eli played worse than Dak did on Sunday, and Giant fans aren't calling for Nassib. If he plays poorly again on sunday, we can have the discussion.
It has nothing to do with the loss. I've wanted Romo back all along.

Well they did show Coughlin the door for Jerry Reese and Ben "I'm stuck in the 1980's" McAdoo. I don't agree with everything Alsacs argues, but he's got a point here.

4 straight non playoff seasons will get a coach fired in NY. In fact, Coughlin deservedly got a longer rope than most would have due to his overall great tenure in NY. Sometimes changes need to be made, the stakes are too high.

I'm not all the way sold on McAdoo yet, but the team is 9-4. Can't argue with the results so far, and can't say it was a bad move based on what's happened.

4 straight non playoff seasons will get a coach fired in NY. In fact, Coughlin deservedly got a longer rope than most would have due to his overall great tenure in NY. Sometimes changes need to be made, the stakes are too high.

I'm not all the way sold on McAdoo yet, but the team is 9-4. Can't argue with the results so far, and can't say it was a bad move based on what's happened.

Good wins for sure! The owner is still a schmuck.:cool:

The kid has won 11 games this year, Troy Aikman won zero as a rookie, zero, he is allowed to have an off game.
It's 3 games under 200 yards. So more than 1 bad game. We managed to win 2 of them so folks are not viewing them the way they are the loss but he has basically stunk it up (compared to the high bar he set) for 3 games now.

It's 3 games under 200 yards. So more than 1 bad game. We managed to win 2 of them so folks are not viewing them the way they are the loss but he has basically stunk it up (compared to the high bar he set) for 3 games now.

The guy has a 4/1 td to int ratio and is 11-2 as a rookie starter, what else does he have to do? We are a run first team, he shouldn't be throwing for a lot of yards.

The guy has a 4/1 td to int ratio and is 11-2 as a rookie starter, what else does he have to do? We are a run first team, he shouldn't be throwing for a lot of yards.

And yet he did throw for a lot of yards all season. He is a victim of his own success.

Rookies don't win Superbowls. If Jerrah wasn't so desperate to win another and be validated this would be a non-issue but he is. He won't sit by and watch the division and HFA go down the tubes when he has Romo ready to go.

And yet he did throw for a lot of yards all season. He is a victim of his own success.

Rookies don't win Superbowls. If Jerrah wasn't so desperate to win another and be validated this would be a non-issue but he is. He won't sit by and watch the division and HFA go down the tubes when he has Romo ready to go.

Big Ben did, although he was terrible in the sb, if we lose on sun, and dak plays like crap, we can begin to have the discussion. Remember we have a two game lead for the one seed with 3 games to go, we didn't lose anything yet.

It has nothing to do with the loss. I've wanted Romo back all along.
just like Eli to romo, "I got your back Donnie".

I don't think there is anything wrong with wishing your franchise QB would get his job back when healthy.

that's how I felt in 1991.

yes, Hostetler won the SuperBowl, but it was Simms team. he was 11-3 when he got hurt and Hoss handed off for 3 games, let his D kick arse and voila, the bills lose. so in 91, I wanted Simms back, ray flukin handley went with Hoss and they never got on-track. a wasted year.

I can see why the pokes would want to run with the hot hand, but it appears to be going cold and this could be the time.

now i suppose the cowboys have room to falter a bit before they do this, but I wouldn't want to be put in a position where the Giants are a game back and rolling, with the tie-breaker...and now romo has to 'save the day'.

Big Ben did, although he was terrible in the sb, if we lose on sun, and dak plays like crap, we can begin to have the discussion. Remember we have a two game lead for the one seed with 3 games to go, we didn't lose anything yet.
Ben won his 2nd year.
His rookie year he was awful against the Ny Jets and they won in OT and then NE schooled him bigtime in the AFCCG.
Ben struggled in the playoffs his rookie year. I think Romo is getting the job this year and it's dumb but going to happen.

Unless I am remembering incorrectly he won it in his 2nd year.

And to your second point that is why I framed it as IF we lose to Tampa.

So what? Prescott would be back in and it's not an issue anymore.

My point is that since you're so sure Romo is the answer then wouldn't you want him to be healthy for the playoffs?

Unless I am remembering incorrectly he won it in his 2nd year.

And to your second point that is why I framed it as IF we lose to Tampa.

Your right, his first year they lost in the afc title game.

Status
Not open for further replies.