NFL Thread | Page 73 | Syracusefan.com

NFL Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lol at Eli being great. He's a great compiler. He's got the 37th best passer rating of all time. Donovan Mcnabb has a higher passer rating, doesn't have a Super Bowl and played two less years. He had more consistent regular seasons though. Freaking Jay Cutler and him have similar career per game averages. Good for the Giants and their two SB's, but ElI hasn't even been a top 5 QB any season he has been in the league.

Anyway I can't stand the Giants really. I'd root for the Cowboys and Pats ahead of them.:p

Passer ratings are overrated.

McNabb is going to go down as a historically underrated guy largely due to Rush Limbaugh's BS, Terrell Owens being a complete hoe, and most Philly fans being onion breathed clowns. He was a top 5 QB for the 2000-09 decade, no question as he carried some otherwise very mediocre Philly offenses for years.

Cutler is/was a talented passer who often had little help, but lacks composure and mental toughness. He'll go in the Jeff George, Jim Everett class of guys who threw a pretty ball, but never won squat...didnt have much help, but also lacked the toughness and leadership to carry a team.

It should be, it was his best season and NE's best team. And Eli's team beat them. Total team effort, to be sure. The defense was great, the running game was solid...and Eli came through in the biggest of spots.

Cruz was a slot guy too, and you want to give him 2011 Giants MVP. Why is being a slot guy eliminating Welker from any Patriots MVP talk?

2008 Eli was great, but the whole offense was strong. Great OL, three solid RB's, and good WR's...for most of the year. In 2011 he didn't have the line or running game. The offense was in his shoulders.
Find Wes Welker winning all those games like Cruz did. He didn't have the explosion that Cruz did.
Eli was why the Pats had a chance in SB 42. It was a 7-3 game. Vrabel had a fumble he should have gotten and missed it. Asante Samuel dropped an INT.
Congrats you won but it was won by that DL. They destroyed Brady and good NE OL.
I get wanting to protect your guy he is a Giants alltimer but in the anals of NFL history he isn't the greatest discussion.

A thank you card is in order for Kyle Williams from the Niners. He was the NYG MVP in that playoff game. He wasn't the Niners regular return man but Ted Ginn Jr. got hurt and Williams replaced him - and did some major damage to his own team.

That game was great, almost as good as the 1990 NFC championship. That Niners D was vicious.

Find Wes Welker winning all those games like Cruz did. He didn't have the explosion that Cruz did.
Eli was why the Pats had a chance in SB 42. It was a 7-3 game. Vrabel had a fumble he should have gotten and missed it. Asante Samuel dropped an INT.
Congrats you won but it was won by that DL. They destroyed Brady and good NE OL.
I get wanting to protect your guy he is a Giants alltimer but in the anals of NFL history he isn't the greatest discussion.
I assume you meant 'he isn't in the discussion for greatest QB of all time'. I don't recall anyone in this thread making that argument. Just correcting some inaccuracies. And boasting a bit.

And I really liked the 'anals of NFL history'. I can think of a few. ;)

It should be, it was his best season and NE's best team. And Eli's team beat them. Total team effort, to be sure. The defense was great, the running game was solid...and Eli came through in the biggest of spots.

Cruz was a slot guy too, and you want to give him 2011 Giants MVP. Why is being a slot guy eliminating Welker from any Patriots MVP talk?

2008 Eli was great, but the whole offense was strong. Great OL, three solid RB's, and good WR's...for most of the year. In 2011 he didn't have the line or running game. The offense was in his shoulders.
2003-2004 Pats were better team than 2007-2008.
2007 had the greatest offense of alltime but the D was older and not as good. Seymour, Green, Bruschi, Seau, Harrison weren't in their primes. That team had an alltime offense but it wasn't balanced.
2004 Pats had their best defense. Seymour, Green, Bruschi, McGinest, Harrison, Ty Law all in their primes and they had Tom Brady, Corey Dillon(1600 yard rusher), good WRs Deion Branch, David Givens.

2004 went 14-2 they lost to Pittsburgh and then a fluke MNF loss to the Dolphins they were up big and choked should have been 15-1. That Pitt team went 15-1 and the Pats beat them in the AFC title game.
That 2004 team was the best NE team they beat 13-3 Indy, 15-1 Pitt, 13-3 Philly in the playoffs.
2007 wasn't as good as 2004 but the flashy offense and 16-0 made people think it was better. That team got worse as the season went on as the undefeated took its toll on them.

Welker was not the Pats MVP he was fodder for that the team used and spit out and replaced with Edelman. They are cogs but the important piece necessary.

Agreed, Cruz was more explosive. Just taking issue with the "slot" thing.

I don't think I've talked about SB 42, my focus has been on 2011. Eli carried that team all season.

I'm not saying he is in the greatest of all time discussion...just sticking to what actually happened in 2011, and noting how non Giants fans try to discredit him every chance they get. Truly thought 2011 would shut every one up for good, but we're even trying to rewrite history on that one.

2003-2004 Pats were better team than 2007-2008.
2007 had the greatest offense of alltime but the D was older and not as good. Seymour, Green, Bruschi, Seau, Harrison weren't in their primes. That team had an alltime offense but it wasn't balanced.
2004 Pats had their best defense. Seymour, Green, Bruschi, McGinest, Harrison, Ty Law all in their primes and they had Tom Brady, Corey Dillon(1600 yard rusher), good WRs Deion Branch, David Givens.

2004 went 14-2 they lost to Pittsburgh and then a fluke MNF loss to the Dolphins they were up big and choked should have been 15-1. That Pitt team went 15-1 and the Pats beat them in the AFC title game.
That 2004 team was the best NE team they beat 13-3 Indy, 15-1 Pitt, 13-3 Philly in the playoffs.
2007 wasn't as good as 2004 but the flashy offense and 16-0 made people think it was better. That team got worse as the season went on as the undefeated took its toll on them.

Welker was not the Pats MVP he was fodder for that the team used and spit out and replaced with Edelman. They are cogs but the important piece necessary.
And yet TO on 1 leg and mcnabb puking...still, almost beat them.

And yet TO on 1 leg and mcnabb puking...still, almost beat them.
Eagles had a chance in the first half of that SB but McNabb was garbage and Rodney Harrison baited him into 2 crippling INTs including one in the endzone.

Pats were up 10 points and let McNabb/Andy Reid run a 10 minute 2 minute drill. If the Eagles had any intensity I doubt the Pats would have played a soft zone giving them an open middle of the field. That game was a FG difference but it really was a 10 point game till the last Eagles possession that McNabb/Reid ate up a lot of clock and basically gave the game to the Pats after they missed the onside kick.

Also that Eagles team was pretty damn good. The 04 Pats beat 2 13 win teams and a 15 win team. They earned it.

Eagles had a chance in the first half of that SB but McNabb was garbage and Rodney Harrison baited him into 2 crippling INTs including one in the endzone.

Pats were up 10 points and let McNabb/Andy Reid run a 10 minute 2 minute drill. If the Eagles had any intensity I doubt the Pats would have played a soft zone giving them an open middle of the field. That game was a FG difference but it really was a 10 point game till the last Eagles possession that McNabb/Reid ate up a lot of clock and basically gave the game to the Pats after they missed the onside kick.

Also that Eagles team was pretty damn good. The 04 Pats beat 2 13 win teams and a 15 win team. They earned it.
Tommyboy can keep that SB MVP, but he's GOT to give back the other 2.

Syracuse's own Adam Schein bringing the HEAT on the Giants/Eli being treated as the brownosers of the NFL! Good for him.

Syracuse's own Adam Schein bringing the HEAT on the Giants/Eli being treated as the brownosers of the NFL! Good for him.
It's all John Mara. Them and the Rooneys.
Integrity of the game my a$$. Goodell bot does whatever they want.
Robert Kraft is taking major heat in NE for being more interested in keeping his influence with other owners rather than fighting for his franchise and fans.
Deflategate was such a freaking witchhunt that never happened and people don't care about right and wrong.
The Giants penalty is such a joke.

It's all John Mara. Them and the Rooneys.
Integrity of the game my a$$. Goodell bot does whatever they want.
Robert Kraft is taking major heat in NE for being more interested in keeping his influence with other owners rather than fighting for his franchise and fans.
Deflategate was such a freaking witchhunt that never happened and people don't care about right and wrong.
The Giants penalty is such a joke.
why is that a joke??

its actually pretty severe. big $$ and a the 4th rounder basically moved back to the 5th.

The Giants cheated correctly. in plain view, only for a few minutes and then...now stay with me here...COOPERATED with the investigation.

as opposed to the serial lying, cheating dirty bastards who actually had a guy called the Deflator, deflating footballs with military like tactics and precision and who also had cell phones of the conversation smashed by the QB who ordered it in 1 big ridiculous coverup.

ive said from the beginning...you cheaters should've admitted it, took your fine, whatever draft pick movement or deletion and been done with it.

you made your bed, it didn't matter...again, just as we all predicted. why? because the AFC East has sucked for 15 years.

patsys are disgusting cheaters who are likely plotting their next cheat now because the one they are currently doing...will soon be found out.

He's a Jets guy right? LOL. This is what Jets guys do.

why is that a joke??

its actually pretty severe. big $$ and a the 4th rounder basically moved back to the 5th.

The Giants cheated correctly. in plain view, only for a few minutes and then...now stay with me here...COOPERATED with the investigation.

as opposed to the serial lying, cheating dirty bastards who actually had a guy called the Deflator, deflating footballs with military like tactics and precision and who also had cell phones of the conversation smashed by the QB who ordered it in 1 big ridiculous coverup.

ive said from the beginning...you cheaters should've admitted it, took your fine, whatever draft pick movement or deletion and been done with it.

you made your bed, it didn't matter...again, just as we all predicted. why? because the AFC East has sucked for 15 years.

patsys are disgusting cheaters who are likely plotting their next cheat now because the one they are currently doing...will soon be found out.
You don't get that it's easy to cooperate when you're caught on television on a walkie-talkie you can't not cooperate you can't fight that now onto the patriots the freaking prove science with the ideal gas law shows that balls become deflated in colder weather they thought that because the NFL did not even acknowledge understanding the ideal gas law go read Troy Vincent statement during the arbitration hearing.
Now you won't do that because it shows how ignorant the NFL management was and proved absolutely nothing you call them cheaters because you hate New England and you hate Boston if you examined the evidence you would see that there was no cheating.
It happened in Pittsburgh why did the Giants take two footballs measured them and see how they lost a lot of air and then not file a report oh because it was the Steelers.
The NFL knows science explains why the balls were deflated however the NFL didn't cooperate with the investigation and they let leaks that were lies that we know are lies stand because they wanted the patriots to be found guilty of something that they didn't do you don't get that if you read the wells report you know that there was no way that they deflated the footballs and all you say is there's a text with the deflater that was a complete misdirection by the NFL.
How did the patriots not cooperate with the investigation when they made every employee available for 4 tmes they handed over all employee phones they made Tom Brady available two times the NFL wanted a fifth interview and by that point the patriots said enough the patriots cooperated with the investigation the NFL let false information stay public how did they act in that manner.all Roger Goodell talked about during the Deflategate was integrity of the game we have to fight this to the end of the world well wouldn't you say walkie-talkies are integrity of the game it's BS and you know it.
Goodell bot is a stooge of John Mara and the Rooney family.
He went after the Redskins and the Cowboys during an uncapped year because Mara told him to, he went after the Saints because he didn't like how they were winning games in there and they're supposed to be a garbage franchise he went after the patriots because everyone in the NFL hate them and don't tell me they didn't get punished for spy gate they got the harshest penalty of all time.

Last edited:
I have a shorter, handier list that doesn't involve Otto Graham but it does involve two games against the Giants.

If I were you I would be more worried about the Eagles tomorrow who Eli always struggles with. They have the Giants number just as much as the Giants have Dallas's number.

If I were you I would be more worried about the Eagles tomorrow who Eli always struggles with. They have the Giants number just as much as the Giants have Dallas's number.

I am always concerned, nothing is a given in the league. Very worried about the Skins, they go downfield and can flip it.

With Dallas I don't see an offense that is as dynamic as they were with Romo. Great ball control and such but at some point you have to go over the top of defenses as well. The teams are just too good in the playoffs to stay in front of them.

That's cuz Bill spied on em'.
Nice troll job. The Pats and Eagles were tied 7-7 at halftime. That spying really helped.
Blame the puker for those awful first half INTs and Brady gifted you a fumble at the Philly 10.
If they spied I don't see it and if you watched that game it was lost due to McNabb.

Hopefully you were wearing sweatpants while typing that to give the boner some room

Now I understand why his typing is so horrendous. He's only using one hand...

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAAH

You don't get that it's easy to cooperate when you're caught on television on a walkie-talkie you can't not cooperate you can't fight that now onto the patriots the freaking prove science with the ideal gas law shows that balls become deflated in colder weather they thought that because the NFL did not even acknowledge understanding the ideal gas law go read Troy Vincent statement during the arbitration hearing.
Now you won't do that because it shows how ignorant the NFL management was and proved absolutely nothing you call them cheaters because you hate New England and you hate Boston if you examined the evidence you would see that there was no cheating.
It happened in Pittsburgh why did the Giants take two footballs measured them and see how they lost a lot of air and then not file a report oh because it was the Steelers.
The NFL knows science explains why the balls were deflated however the NFL didn't cooperate with the investigation and they let leaks that were lies that we know are lies stand because they wanted the patriots to be found guilty of something that they didn't do you don't get that if you read the wells report you know that there was no way that they deflated the footballs and all you say is there's a text with the deflater that was a complete misdirection by the NFL.
How did the patriots not cooperate with the investigation when they made every employee available for 4 tmes they handed over all employee phones they made Tom Brady available two times the NFL wanted a fifth interview and by that point the patriots said enough the patriots cooperated with the investigation the NFL let false information stay public how did they act in that manner.all Roger Goodell talked about during the Deflategate was integrity of the game we have to fight this to the end of the world well wouldn't you say walkie-talkies are integrity of the game it's BS and you know it.
Goodell bot is a stooge of John Mara and the Rooney family.
He went after the Redskins and the Cowboys during an uncapped year because Mara told him to, he went after the Saints because he didn't like how they were winning games in there and they're supposed to be a garbage franchise he went after the patriots because everyone in the NFL hate them and don't tell me they didn't get punished for spy gate they got the harshest penalty of all time.
then why did the patsies fire 2 guys because of it??

2 guys who weve never heard from again on it...

if they were so innocent, good lord we all would know about it.

don't you think??

they deflated balls in the warm weather as well as the cold.

pretty simple stuff, whatever miniscule deflating that happens in the cold is a nice crutch for all you sand in the headers though...

then why did the patsies fire 2 guys because of it??

2 guys who weve never heard from again on it...

if they were so innocent, good lord we all would know about it.

don't you think??

they deflated balls in the warm weather as well as the cold.

pretty simple stuff, whatever miniscule deflating that happens in the cold is a nice crutch for all you sand in the headers though...
They didn't fire anybody. The NFL made the team suspend them and they reinstated them last September.

Patriots suspended Jastremski, McNally at request of NFL

Those guys were so guilty the NFL reinstated them
NFL: Jastremski, McNally have been reinstated

Nice troll job. The Pats and Eagles were tied 7-7 at halftime. That spying really helped.
Blame the puker for those awful first half INTs and Brady gifted you a fumble at the Philly 10.
If they spied I don't see it and if you watched that game it was lost due to McNabb.

You're on an SU fan board calling McNabb a puker? Can somebody revoke his posting privileges for #5 days, please?

Status
Not open for further replies.