NFL Thread | Page 77 | Syracusefan.com

NFL Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would play the starters into the 3rd quarter and then phase as many as they can out.
That is what I would do too. I would make sure Romo gets a few drives with the starters as well.

Assume you're talking about the Vernon one. Because the Apple one was unavoidable(he tried), harmless, and very light contact. There's often more contact when a baseball player slides into third base than there was on that play. Plays like that should be reviewable, that flag should've been picked up.

No, I'm talking about the Apple one. When a quarterback is sliding forward, you can't move into him the way Apple did. When Wentz's motion was redirected by the contact, the foul was mandatory. It ain't the way the game was meant to be played, but they are going to call it every time.

No, I'm talking about the Apple one. When a quarterback is sliding forward, you can't move into him the way Apple did. When Wentz's motion was redirected by the contact, the foul was mandatory. It ain't the way the game was meant to be played, but they are going to call it every time.

I just don't see how that is avoidable. These guys are moving at a high speed. Apple tried to avoid the contact the best he could.

I just don't see how that is avoidable. These guys are moving at a high speed. Apple tried to avoid the contact the best he could.

No argument here. Even if it is unavoidable, they are going to throw a flag when there is that much contact.

The iggs secondary is the greatest in NFL history.

Eli drops back and throws it 63x and not 1x did they even hold just a little, not to mention they never touched a WR downfield when ball was in air.

Incredible.

Awesome job fellas.

No argument here. Even if it is unavoidable, they are going to throw a flag when there is that much contact.

Wentz sold the "contact" with a violent jerk backward. He was barely touched. And I'm a Birds fan.

Giants fans have to be huge Saints, Vikings and Cowboys fans this week.
If all 3 of those team lose. Then Giants have to beat Washington or they would likely be out.

Giants fans have to be huge Saints, Vikings and Cowboys fans this week.
If all 3 of those team lose. Then Giants have to beat Washington or they would likely be out.
I'm not worried.

Regardless, I'd like to see a W next week.

I'm not worried.

Regardless, I'd like to see a W next week.
For the Giants to miss all this has to happen. It won't though.1% chance

1. The Green Bay Packers beat the Minnesota Vikings on Saturday.

2. The Atlanta Falcons win at the Carolina Panthers on Saturday.

3. The Tampa Bay Buccaneers win at the New Orleans Saints on Saturday.

4. The Detroit Lions win at the Dallas Cowboys on Monday.

Next week

5. The Giants lose to the Washington Redskins.

6. The Packers win at Detroit.

7. The Falcons beat the Saints.

8. The Buccaneers beat the Panthers.

I was rooting for the Eagles, that call was a joke, he barely touched him.

Colin Kaepernick (86.6) has a higher passer rating than Eli Manning (86.2) this season.
Lies, damn lies, and statistics. :noidea:

Who would you rather have as your quarterback?
big smile.gif

Lies, damn lies, and statistics. :noidea:

Who would you rather have as your quarterback? View attachment 85605
It is a real stat but I would rather have Eli over Kap. With that said this just shows you how bad Eli has been this year.
NYG D has been elite this year. Eli has been poor.
He could get hot in the postseason but the guy has been below average this year.

It is a real stat but I would rather have Eli over Kap. With that said this just shows you how bad Eli has been this year.
He could get hot in the postseason but the guy has been below average this year.
300 less attempts.

The guy has no line and no run game.

Teams drop 8...and Eli is about to throw for 4000 yards with his highest completion percentage EVER.

He's led them to 10 wins already.

What does the guy have to do????

Granted, he has not been the Eli I expected to see this year. Partially a product of the OL injuries, IMO.

Granted, he has not been the Eli I expected to see this year. Partially a product of the OL injuries, IMO.
I listened to the WFAN pregame show last night driving home.
There is a myth Eli has had an awful OL. according to those guys do you know how many games of 14 Eli had been sacked 2 times in a single game?
The answer was 2 of 14. While the OL may not be Dallas good it isn't a bunch of bums. Eli hasn't been sacked a lot. Eli hasn't had one of the bottom 10 OL's according to Pro Football Focus. PFF ranks Eli bottom 5 this year.

There is a myth Eli has had an awful OL. according to those guys do you know how many games of 14 Eli had been sacked 2 times in a single game?
The answer was 2 of 14. While the OL may not be Dallas good it isn't a bunch of bums. Eli hasn't been sacked a lot. Eli hasn't had one of the bottom 10 OL's according to Pro Football Focus. PFF ranks Eli bottom 5 this year.
Because he gets rid of the ball to the detriment of his ratings!!!!!

Did you listen to the FAN call of his last INT???

Banks almost had a heart attack at the lack of effort by Tye.

Did they tell you how many times he has been pressured and had to throw the ball away? I have seen every game they played, and the number is big. Beatty out for 10 of 15 games. Pugh out for 5. And frankly, Flowers is a mess.

Did they tell you how many times he has been pressured and had to throw the ball away? I have seen every game they played, and the number is big. Beatty out for 10 of 15 games. Pugh out for 5. And frankly, Flowers is a mess.

In the last few days he has told us that the 2016 Giants OL hasn't been that bad and that Eli's 2011 season wasn't that great.

SMH.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.