NFL Thread | Page 84 | Syracusefan.com

NFL Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I bet your happy, the Eagles acted like beating the Cowboys backups was their sb.

Should I prefer they didn't even come to play? Been plenty of times in the past where the roles were reversed for these two teams.

lol. If JG is the savior for Cleveland then why would NE trade him when Brady will be 40 at the start of next season? Jacoby Brissett is the heir apparent?
Brady at 39 just went for 28 TD and 2 INT for the season.
Find a QB at that age who has ever put up those numbers while going 11-1 in those games.
Look at the NE defense as well it is a bunch of decent pieces coached up not to screw up what Brady does on offense.
JG won't see the field because Brady isn't slowing down.
Brady is probably the MVP and you want JG to overtake him?
I think JG is a top 15 QB in the NFL he isn't Brady though.

Brisset is just a backup. Garapolio is going to start somewhere.

Trueblue25 good luck next week at Pittsburgh.
I thought you guys got blitzkrieged at the start of the game but made a comeback before that fumbled ended the game.

Denver just shredded Oakland on their opening drive.
If their D cares just a little today then Oakland better root hard for SD.

Oakland's defense has been shredded all year.

Guess the start times for next weekend's games

Sat 4:30 Oakland at Houston, the no future bowl
Sat 8:00 NY Giants at GB/DET
Sun 1:00 Miami at Pittsburgh
Sun 4:30 GB/DET at Seattle

Brady at 39 just went for 28 TD and 2 INT for the season.
Find a QB at that age who has ever put up those numbers while going 11-1 in those games.
Look at the NE defense as well it is a bunch of decent pieces coached up not to screw up what Brady does on offense.
JG won't see the field because Brady isn't slowing down.
Brady is probably the MVP and you want JG to overtake him?
I think JG is a top 15 QB in the NFL he isn't Brady though.

Brisset is just a backup. Garapolio is going to start somewhere.

JG is 25. What's the backup plan if Brady goes down or decides to retire in two years? I guess it's Brissett.

The part you don't factor in is that teams are very reluctant to part with mid to early first round draft picks. And the success rate in trading for unproven QBs is not very pretty. Foles, Kolb, Cassel and Flynn are just a few that spring to mind.

Guess the start times for next weekend's games

Sat 4:30 Oakland at Houston, the no future bowl
Sat 8:00 NY Giants at GB/DET
Sun 1:00 Miami at Pittsburgh
Sun 4:30 GB/DET at Seattle
Exactly how I see it.

JG is 25. What's the backup plan if Brady goes down or decides to retire in two years? I guess it's Brissett.

The part you don't factor in is that teams are very reluctant to part with mid to early first round draft picks. And the success rate in trading for unproven QBs is not very pretty. Foles, Kolb, Cassel and Flynn are just a few that spring to mind.
All those guys except Flynn went for 2nd round picks.
Foles was traded for another QB and 2'nd round pick.
Kolb was traded for a DB and 2nd round pick.
Cassel was franchised and still fetched a high 2nd round pick.

Garapolio will get the Pats atleast multiple picks. I think they will get a first round pick based on Bradford.
Even if they get a first round pick they will trade back and get more picks as that is what Belichick does.
Garapolio won't resign with NE as has one more year and then is a
FA. He is getting traded this offseason.
Brady looks like he has atleast 2-3 years. He hasn't lost arm strength and didn't have the neck injury that killed Peyton Manning and doesn't play like a moron like Brett Favre did.

Trueblue25 good luck next week at Pittsburgh.
I thought you guys got blitzkrieged at the start of the game but made a comeback before that fumbled ended the game.
Between the loss to BC and the Brady beatdown, today was a rough one for Trueblue.

Between the loss to BC and the Brady beatdown, today was a rough one for Trueblue.
Honestly you guys had a great season.
10 wins after starting the season @Seattle and @New England.
NE is playing well right now.
You guys need your defense starters back next week and for Suh to do his cheap shot ankle roll on Big Ben.
Miami has a lot of offensive weapons in Parker,
Landry, Stills and Ajayi.

All those guys except Flynn went for 2nd round picks.
Foles was traded for another QB and 2'nd round pick.
Kolb was traded for a DB and 2nd round pick.
Cassel was franchised and still fetched a high 2nd round pick.

Garapolio will get the Pats atleast multiple picks. I think they will get a first round pick based on Bradford.
Even if they get a first round pick they will trade back and get more picks as that is what Belichick does.
Garapolio won't resign with NE as has one more year and then is a
FA. He is getting traded this offseason.
Brady looks like he has atleast 2-3 years. He hasn't lost arm strength and didn't have the neck injury that killed Peyton Manning and doesn't play like a moron like Brett Favre did.

I didn't say any of those guys were traded for first round draft picks. But like JG, they were all unproven and they all seriously underperformed expectations.

JG might get traded but it won't be for a first round pick in the 10-12 range where the eagles pick to cleveland will draft.

Giants are going to house either Detroit or Green Bay next week.
Detroit sucks and Green Bay's secondary is the worst of any playoff team.

Giants are going to house either Detroit or Green Bay next week.
Detroit sucks and Green Bay's secondary is the worst of any playoff team.

You want to put some money on that, I would not want to play the Pack right now.

You want to put some money on that, I would not want to play the Pack right now.
I don't like John Mara.
I don't hate his team but the dude I don't like with this said Green Bay has not been impressive tonight.
Detroit controlled the first half and squandered their domination.
The right side of the Green Bay secondary is XFL quality.
Green Bay can't defend the pass.
Stafford is a moron for not taking advantage of GB's weakness.
Eli will.

I don't like John Mara.
I don't hate his team but the dude I don't like with this said Green Bay has not been impressive tonight.
Eli will.

Its amazing how many people are giving the Giants another Super Bowl, sure their defense is playing well right now, but they have no offense. I wouldn't want to go into Lambeu right now and play against Rodgers the way he is playing.

Its amazing how many people are giving the Giants another Super Bowl, sure their defense is playing well right now, but they have no offense. I wouldn't want to go into Lambeu right now and play against Rodgers the way he is playing.
I am not giving them the SB but they are better than GB right now. GB has been cheap not spending money in FA it has hurt their depth.
NYG will slowdown the GB offense and Eli will dink and dunk this chit GB secondary to death.

I am not giving them the SB but they are better than GB right now. GB has been cheap not spending money in FA it has hurt their depth.
NYG will slowdown the GB offense and Eli will dink and dunk this chit GB secondary to death.

Gb is playing great right now, I'm not sure the Giants can do enough offensively to match them.

I don't like John Mara.
Eli will.

I'd take the other side of that action all day long.

Saturday
Oakland-Houston
Detroit-Seattle
Sunday
Miami-Pittsburgh
NYG-Green Bay

Why didn't that happen the first time the two teams played? Have the Packers had injuries to their secondary since then? I'm seriously asking because I don't know.

Why didn't that happen the first time the two teams played? Have the Packers had injuries to their secondary since then? I'm seriously asking because I don't know.
I didn't watch the first game either because it was up against the clown show 2nd Presidential Debate but I don't think the NYG defense was playing as well in October as they are now.
Mind you I am not picking them to come out of the NFC I just think they have earned my respect to feel they should go into GB and win.

I didn't watch the first game either because it was up against the clown show 2nd Presidential Debate but I don't think the NYG defense was playing as well in October as they are now.
Mind you I am not picking them to come out of the NFC I just think they have earned my respect to feel they should go into GB and win.
But why do you think they will be able to exploit the Packers' secondary this time?

Status
Not open for further replies.