NFL Thread | Page 82 | Syracusefan.com

NFL Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Harbaugh has missed the playoffs 3 of the last 4 year, I like Payton, but what has he done lately?

Well for one he has a 60% winning percentage(just below Belichick, McCarthy, Harbaugh and Tomlin) and his teams have finished #1 in yards 6 times and #1 in points 3 times in 10 years. They've sucked on D and that is a negative, but nobody besides Belichick is great on both sides of the ball. If I was a Cowboy fan I would be ecstatic that the Saints aren't in the playoffs because your defense stopped us once in 10 years and I think thats when we had home field wrapped up at the end of the season.

How strange is it to see Tom Coughlin interviewing with the Jags, he helped build the franchise.
he picked the freakin color scheme for cryin out loud!!

its 'his' franchise.

I hope he doesn't coach it, but im ok with him as team President.

That Eagles pick for Cleveland is going to be in the 8-14 neighborhood. I'd be shocked if Cleveland gave up that much to NE for JG.
Cleveland needs a QB. They get their stud at #1 overall and honestly none of Trubisky, Watson, Kizer are worth top picks. I would rather have Jimmy G who has been coached up and actually has talent unlike other QBs who are backups.
Garapolio was a 2nd round pick so he wasn't an unknown I think if Philly beats Dallas this week and they likely will with all the players the Cowboys are sitting they would be 7-9 and would be in the 11-15 range.

I would trade a non-top 10 pick for Garapolio. He is young only 24 and looks good. If Brady didn't look like he could play another 3 years not BSing I would want Garapolio as the starting QB.
He looks like he can be a top half of the NFL QB.

Cleveland needs a QB. They get their stud at #1 overall and honestly none of Trubisky, Watson, Kizer are worth top picks. I would rather have Jimmy G who has been coached up and actually has talent unlike other QBs who are backups.
Garapolio was a 2nd round pick so he wasn't an unknown I think if Philly beats Dallas this week and they likely will with all the players the Cowboys are sitting they would be 7-9 and would be in the 11-15 range.

I would trade a non-top 10 pick for Garapolio. He is young only 24 and looks good. If Brady didn't look like he could play another 3 years not BSing I would want Garapolio as the starting QB.
the 1 thing about the patsys is...your line gives the QB a TON of time.

Bradford was the #1 over all pick, had thrown for over 15k yards and about 75 TDs when he was traded.

garafalo was a 2nd rounder without as much of a track record as casell had that year.

if they get a 1, its likely a 1 & a 6. I think BB would rather have a 2 and a 3. or 2 2's in consecutive years.

the 1 thing about the patsys is...your line gives the QB a TON of time.

Bradford was the #1 over all pick, had thrown for over 15k yards and about 75 TDs when he was traded.

garafalo was a 2nd rounder without as much of a track record as casell had that year.

if they get a 1, its likely a 1 & a 6. I think BB would rather have a 2 and a 3. or 2 2's in consecutive years.
The thing is the patriot actually invested in their OL this off-season because that exactly why they lost the Denver last year.
They don't really have a great OL they brought back their former coach of the offensive-line who has done a good job scheming but they spent three draft picks on OL help.
They don't pass protect well Brady gets rid of the ball super fast.
They may get just a first round pick and late round pick but they aren't trading for less than 2 second round picks.
If they get a first Belichick will trade it for more picks.

The thing is the patriot actually invested in their OL this off-season because that exactly why they lost the Denver last year.
They don't really have a great OL they brought back their former coach of the offensive-line who has done a good job scheming but they spent three draft picks on OL help.
They don't pass protect well Brady gets rid of the ball super fast.
They may get just a first round pick and late round pick but they aren't trading for less than 2 second round picks.
If they get a first Belichick will trade it for more picks.
Brady's delivery is fast, but my thought on him is always seeing him bounce up and down, take a little slide step and then completion.

Eli is 1, 2..throw, get hit. get yelled at by media.

Your logic is not unsound - it's just that NFL teams rarely part with upper half of the first round draft picks very easily.

Look at these offensive stats All playoff teams are in the top halfish of the league except three.
Falcons offense is insanely efficient.
NFC
Atlanta 1st
Dallas 2nd
Green Bay 3rd
Washington 4th
Detroit 14th
Seattle 16th
NY Giants 27th

AFC
New England 7th
Pittsburgh 9th
Oakland 10th
Miami 17th
Kansas City 21st
Houston 31st

C02ivW-XEAAbZYU.jpg

Kaiser, Douglas Marrone is in line to get another HC job if Sean Payton leaves NO.

The quitter is going to get another job.

Kyle Shanahan will replace Gary Kubiak as Denver HC book it.
As Kubiak is retiring due to health concerns.

Kaiser, Douglas Marrone is in line to get another HC job if Sean Payton leaves NO.

The quitter is going to get another job.
Well, first the Payton deal would have to get done. Then, FHCDM would have to actually get the job. Possible? Sure. Still might take a lot to sell Saints management on his explanation for quitting. I mean, how 'stable' is management there if the succession plan is to bypass his kids and hand over the franchise to his 3rd wife? :noidea:

real heath issues or the Coach K / Urban Meyer variety?

Brady's delivery is fast, but my thought on him is always seeing him bounce up and down, take a little slide step and then completion.

Eli is 1, 2..throw, get hit. get yelled at by media.

Brady's greatest asset is between his ears. He's like Montana in that he's smart enough to take what the defense gives him. It's rare that he's fooled and 95% of the time doesn't put the ball at risk. And that's because he already knows where his receivers will be and he's reading the D as soon as they break the huddle. That greatly simplifies the check-down process. And his sense of timing seems almost eerily uncanny, it's really because of the things I just listed.

Last edited:
Real. He has a "complex migraine condition" and suffered a mini-stroke during a game in 2013 and had to be rushed to the hospital.

It's been known for a while he was stepping down, even though he kept it close to the vest. And I heard when this all started that Kyle was on the short list, obviously. I just hope the little issues between Mike and Elway were little and in the rear view.

so the pats want a 1st & a 4th for garapolo...which is what the iggs got for Bradford, understandable...I guess.

I fear the only team stupid enough to give up that for Garoppolo is ... yep ... the New York Jets. Almost everyone looks good in Foxboro. Remember Matt Cassel?

C'mon man, you being a raider fan should know how tight Kubiak is to the Broncos organization. Remember who Elways backup was all those years? Then him as our OC for back to backs? Then SB50. He could've wrote his own ticket. His family stepped up and talked him into it.

Real. He has a "complex migraine condition" and suffered a mini-stroke during a game in 2013 and had to be rushed to the hospital.
He also missed our Thursday night Chargers game in October after being hospitalized this season. And supposedly there was another unreported time he left the Broncos practice facility and brought to the hospital this season.

He also missed our Thursday night Chargers game in October after being hospitalized this season. And supposedly there was another unreported time he left the Broncos practice facility and brought to the hospital this season.
After the heart attack he had in 2013 on the sideline of a primetime game everyone should know it's real.
The article I read it's the stress of the being the HC. He could be a OC but the stress of being the HC really put a lot on him physically.
He isn't being forced out obviously he is stepping down for his health.

Romo is clearly a better (when healthy) QB than Dak but with Dak going 13 -2 there was no way he was going to get in. Dude looks sharp in Philly. I still believe we see him in the playoffs at some point.

Tom Brady is older than the Miami Dolphins HC Adam Gaze.
Also Romo just threw a TD for Dallas.

Wow is Mark Sanchez bad. Jordan Hicks is on the other team buddy.

Will Romo be the only QB to lead his team to a touchdown in this game?

Looking that way. Considering how bad Sanchez is they cannot risk putting Romo back in because they will need him to be the backup for the playoffs.

Looking that way. Considering how bad Sanchez is they cannot risk putting Romo back in because they will need him to be the backup for the playoffs.
Of course Wentz is lighting it up now

Status
Not open for further replies.