NFL Thread | Page 35 | Syracusefan.com

NFL Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
No kidding. Hopkins should be a #1 fantasy WR if he had just an average QB. That's hurting me.

He was my first overall pick at #9, then Doug Martin coming back at #12. I also took Eric Decker in the 5th round. I'm the kiss of death, LOL!

Last edited:
More evidence of the NFL standing for No Fun League. This is just silly. And I say this not because Giant was fined. An Eagle could have done this and I would feel the same way (and for me, that's saying a lot). Pretending to take a picture is a $12K fine??!!?? Just awful.

http://nyg.No links to . . . allowed on this site.com/Bolt/Giants-Owa-Odighizuwa-fined-for-Week-7-celebration-48632629

Substitute 2 4 7 (no spaces) for No links...

Taking a fake picture gets you a 12k fine, and 15 yards, yet you can drag someone down in front of the ref and not get pi.

I don't understand the NFL rules. I just saw a Packers player fumble the ball, and a Falcons player recovered it, slid out of bounds, and while going out of bounds tried some weird lateral. So I'm thinking this has got to be Atlanta's ball, which is big since Green Bay was in the red zone.

Nope. 2nd down for Green Bay. No challenge from Atlanta. I don't get it. Replay looks like the Atlanta guy definitely had possession before going out of bounds. Doesn't matter.

I don't understand the NFL rules. I just saw a Packers player fumble the ball, and a Falcons player recovered it, slid out of bounds, and while going out of bounds tried some weird lateral. So I'm thinking this has got to be Atlanta's ball, which is big since Green Bay was in the red zone.

Nope. 2nd down for Green Bay. No challenge from Atlanta. I don't get it. Replay looks like the Atlanta guy definitely had possession before going out of bounds. Doesn't matter.

The Atlanta player was on the sideline when he touched the ball, therefor its dead there and GB ball.

The Atlanta player was on the sideline when he touched the ball, therefor its dead there and GB ball.
That's not what it looked like on the replay.

image.jpeg

The NFL is going to have serious trouble moving forward. The leagues stale product makes it much tougher to stomach stuff like this.

Dak finally looks like a rookie. He should be able to handle Cleveland. Meaning they should be 6-2 when they hand it back to Romo. Which is a far cry from the debacle last year when he was out.

Dak finally looks like a rookie. He should be able to handle Cleveland. Meaning they should be 6-2 when they hand it back to Romo. Which is a far cry from the debacle last year when he was out.
That interception in the end zone was terrible. Trying to tackle Sproles is like tackling air. Romo may not be physically to play.

Looks like I jumped the gun. Hell of a 4th quarter and ot by Dak.
I think he gets to keep his job for another week. Kept the play alive with his legs on the touchdown. Great game specially if you are a Cowboy fan.

View attachment 80500

The NFL is going to have serious trouble moving forward. The leagues stale product makes it much tougher to stomach stuff like this.

Yep. Saw Andy Dalton being held up by one player, a second ripping at the ball, and a third player drills him right in the helmet with his own helmet, causing a fumble. Officials, announcers, coaches, nobody said anything. It's bullsh!t. And I'm not even a Bengals fan.

Birds gift wrapped that one. Second loss this year where they snatched defeat from the jaws of victory with a 4th quarter fumble. No idea why Philly chose to punt from the 36 when Sturgis had already drilled one from that distance earlier in the game. Wentz played very well. At least 5 drops from his WRs.

Birds gift wrapped that one. Second loss this year where they snatched defeat from the jaws of victory with a 4th quarter fumble. No idea why Philly chose to punt from the 36 when Sturgis had already drilled one from that distance earlier in the game. Wentz played very well. At least 5 drops from his WRs.

Philly's D line was really good last night. Held Elliot in check for the most part. Their back end played fairly well too. They gave up some stuff to Dez but basically stopped everyone else.

Their biggest issue imo is they have zero threats on offense other than a 33 year old scat back in Sproles. Once the Cowboys figured out how to stop Sproles the whole game swung their direction. Wentz looks like he is the real deal they just need to figure out how to put some weapons around him.

Cowboys look like the NFC East Champs.
Their schedule isn't that tough. 3 AFC North, 3 division games, Minnesota, Detroit, Tampa.

Seattle needs to get healthy. I think Minnesota and Dallas are fighting for HFA.

Philly's D line was really good last night. Held Elliot in check for the most part. Their back end played fairly well too. They gave up some stuff to Dez but basically stopped everyone else.

Their biggest issue imo is they have zero threats on offense other than a 33 year old scat back in Sproles. Once the Cowboys figured out how to stop Sproles the whole game swung their direction. Wentz looks like he is the real deal they just need to figure out how to put some weapons around him.

I would agree with that. Also notable that Benny Logan didn't play last night and he is a near caliber pro bowl DT.

Belichick trades one of his top 3 defenders to Cleveland for a 3rd round pick.
Decisions like this confuse patriots fans.
Rumor is the Pats may trade Garrapolo to Cleveland for Joe Haden.
Man I don't get this I guess BB doesn't think Collins is good for this team.
Going from NE to Cleveland must suck.

He won't pay anyone, except maybe Tommy terrific.

I just can't see Cleveland trading Haden straight up for Jimmy G even with the injuries he's had. That would be an insanely good get for the Patriots though.

The ball was on the 39, you can't attempt a 56 yard fg there.

Status
Not open for further replies.