NFL Thread | Page 37 | Syracusefan.com

NFL Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Vikings are in free fall so Eagles fan take rejoice in that as your team is done for this year.
Giants had their best performance of the year so give them credit but I still don't see them as a real contender.
NFC is looking like its Cowboys in the drivers seat but their problem is they don't have a real home field advantage as they play poorly at home.
The NFC playoff race is wide open.
This Sunday night game should be interesting. Raiders are lucky Denver is without 2 CBs if they want to win they have to throw and they could now without Talib.
I still favor Denver to win that division but the Raiders and Chiefs could be the leaders for wild cards. They

Vikings are in free fall so Eagles fan take rejoice in that as your team is done for this year.
Giants had their best performance of the year so give them credit but I still don't see them as a real contender.
NFC is looking like its Cowboys in the drivers seat but their problem is they don't have a real home field advantage as they play poorly at home.
This Sunday night game should be interesting. Raiders are lucky Denver is without 2 CBs if they want to win they have to throw and they could now without Talib.
I still favor Denver to win that division but the Raiders and Chiefs could be the leaders for wild cards. They

I agree our home field advantage isn't great, but we are 3-1 at home.

Raiders showed they can run the ball tonight. 1.22.17 Oakland at New England for the AFC title.

Raiders showed they can run the ball tonight. 1.22.17 Oakland at New England for the AFC title.
Lol...wow you guys finally winning games, now it's the AFC chip? Ok dream big I guess. That last game of the season is gonna be something. It won't be at all like tonight I suspect.

Lol...wow you guys finally winning games, now it's the AFC chip? Ok dream big I guess. That last game of the season is gonna be something. It won't be at all like tonight I suspect.

The Raiders are legit, they exposed the Denver defense tonight.

Denver D was not exposed tonight they weren't healthy. Oakland looked good and cemented playoff status but the Raiders have a really hard schedule.
Houston-Mexico City
They play all 3 division teams on the road
Indy at home
Carolina at home
Buffalo at home.

That is a hard schedule.
They will make the playoffs and will be favored in the wild card round.

Denver is the team to beat in that division.

BTW Mike McCarthy should be fired. He is the underrated awful HC who has been masked by the brilliance of Rodgers. Rodgers has struggled for over a year now and that coaching staff has been awful.
If I were GB I fire McCarthy and hire Tom Coughlin. They need a coach who can get something more out of their talent. They have no scheme it is total playground football.

The Raiders are legit, they exposed the Denver defense tonight.
Yeah, look, if they are legit or not has nothing to do with Denver's performance last night. I don't have a problem having a real conversation about any team. They did look good. That said, I hate when everyone blames everything on injuries, but when it's warranted it is what it is...we were decimated in our secondary, it's just the truth. And yes they got over 200 on the ground, we were also playing with 3rd string lb for a lot of the game. We are missing the great interior play that Malik Jackson gave us last season.

I will give the Raiders credit for their oline and scheme. They have a 1980's size O line and they're very good. Coupled with, by design using 6 lineman, is a credit to them. They also did very well in spreading the ball around, backs and wr's included. They were completely 2 dimensional with Crabtree and Cooper until last night.

Yeah, look, if they are legit or not has nothing to do with Denver's performance last night. I don't have a problem having a real conversation about any team. They did look good. That said, I hate when everyone blames everything on injuries, but when it's warranted it is what it is...we were decimated in our secondary, it's just the truth. And yes they got over 200 on the ground, we were also playing with 3rd string lb for a lot of the game. We are missing the great interior play that Malik Jackson gave us last season.

I will give the Raiders credit for their oline and scheme. They have a 1980's size O line and they're very good. Coupled with, by design using 6 lineman, is a credit to them. They also did very well in spreading the ball around, backs and wr's included. They were completely 2 dimensional with Crabtree and Cooper until last night.
Your team just needs middle of the road QB play and then they are really hard to beat. Siemen has been too much feast or famine.
Without Talib the Broncos played zone and I haven't seen them play zone in the secondary too much. Talib is key to that back end.
Raiders and Chiefs are legit and hell San Diego is the best last place team in the NFL by miles.
I fear Mile High get Denver out of mile high they can be beat but at home with the Crowd noise helping Miller they are hard.
I think KC or Denver will win that division because of the schedules but the Raiders are a playoff team.
I think both wild cards come out West.

Yeah I signed up for a 1 year qb rental at the beginning of the off season, I'll stick by it no matter the consequences. We do need Siemian to play middle of the road ball, hopefully that develops soon. I think our schedule is very hard outside of Jax the rest of the way. It's going to get interesting in the AFC west

Because NFC East rivalry code means I have to talk all kinds of crap after a big win.

Still pissed we gave away that Skins game, we'd really be in good shape with a W there.

True, and I am still pissed we gave the Giants game away, we could be 8-0.

True, and I am still pissed we gave the Giants game away, we could be 8-0.

I'm slightly agitated that we didn't beat that dink and dunk offense having team by 2 TDs, though that doesn't mean anything to the bottom line for that game. But it's a consistent negative habit that seems ingrained in the team at this point.

I'm slightly agitated that we didn't beat that dink and dunk offense having team by 2 TDs, though that doesn't mean anything to the bottom line for that game. But it's a consistent negative habit that seems ingrained in the team at this point.

Our offense has evolved a bit from the dink and dunk, but its working so so far.

Our offense has evolved a bit from the dink and dunk, but its working so so far.

Agreed, but week 1 it was all dink and dunk, and my feeling throughout the game was the Giants were letting them hang around.

Dallas has ended up being better than expected preseason though, so that might seem like a weird thought to have towards a 7-1 team.

This Browns - Ravens game is boring the life out of me but my brain is too tired to do anything that requires thinking.

This Browns - Ravens game is boring the life out of me but my brain is too tired to do anything that requires thinking.

What an awful matchup. Didn't even consider watching it. I've got Breaking Bad on, and I've already watched the whole series 2-3 times.

Status
Not open for further replies.