Nice being a protected seed... | Syracusefan.com

Nice being a protected seed...

bpo57

Living Legend
I hate the notion of anybody getting a very obvious home court advantage but when I said that a week ago I was told not to worry about it. Only happens to lower seeded teams and not "protected seeds". It's a reward for having a great season, blah, blah. Now we're playing a 12 seed 50 miles from their campus. Lovely.

PS I think we'll win anyway so not looking for excuses. It's the principle involved.

In ESPN preview they mentioned us playing in Albany in 2003 ... what a joke

'The Orange have been on the other side of this equation twice in the past decade, winning four tournament games played in upstate New York, including a regional final win over Oklahoma in 2003 in Albany on the way to the national championship.

Syracuse hasn't played a virtual tournament road game since 2000, when the Orange lost to eventual champion Michigan State 75-58 in Auburn Hills, Mich., in the round of 16.

The Orange lost five of their final six true road games, including a 61-39 defeat at Georgetown in the regular-season finale. Syracuse did beat No. 1 overall tournament seed Louisville on the road in January and took tournament teams Villanova and Marquette to the wire in losses.'

'The Orange have been on the other side of this equation twice in the past decade, winning four tournament games played in upstate New York, including a regional final win over Oklahoma in 2003 in Albany on the way to the national championship.

Syracuse hasn't played a virtual tournament road game since 2000, when the Orange lost to eventual champion Michigan State 75-58 in Auburn Hills, Mich., in the round of 16.

The Orange lost five of their final six true road games, including a 61-39 defeat at Georgetown in the regular-season finale. Syracuse did beat No. 1 overall tournament seed Louisville on the road in January and took tournament teams Villanova and Marquette to the wire in losses.'

hmm... what's the joke about it?

where we the other 2 home games in upstate NY?

People need to look at a map.

hmm... what's the joke about it?
that was 10 years ago ...

I dont see this discussed in the preview for MSU Memphis, or anyone Duke / UNC played in North Carolina

I dont see this discussed in the preview for MSU Memphis, or anyone Duke / UNC played in North Carolina

Michigan St is playing in Auburn Hills right now. Kansas was in Kansas City last night, yet we would never be allowed at Albany again. Ridiculous

I specifically remember publicly humiliating kelvin sampson at the final 4 while he was on set at the fanjam for crying about having to play in Albany.

dont be that guy. cal will have some advantage, sure. but don't be a baby.

we had the advantage in Albany (and i am so damn proud of talking about that advatage as part of our run) but we were also clearly the better team that day.

Cal has the advangatge in San Jose. Just go be the better team and win.

they earned it.

:bang:

Michigan St is playing in Auburn Hills right now. Kansas was in Kansas City last night, yet we would never be allowed at Albany again. Ridiculous

what in the world are you talking about?

youre being flat out delusional.

last time i checked we are the 4 seed and cal is the 12. what did they earn?

the last thing the committee should be worrying about it where to ship the 12 seeds. I'd be more upset if I was UNLV and had to play an obvious better than a 12 seed team in the 1st round.

the last thing the committee should be worrying about it where to ship the 12 seeds. I'd be more upset if I was UNLV and had to play an obvious better than a 12 seed team in the 1st round.

i don't have a problem with a higher seed playing closer to home. I just don't like the outcry we got for being able to play in Albany when it's 2.5 hours away. But there is no way a lower seed should get seeded that close to home. It defeats the advantage of working all year for a good seed.

i don't have a problem with a higher seed playing closer to home. I just don't like the outcry we got for being able to play in Albany when it's 2.5 hours away. But there is no way a lower seed should get seeded that close to home. It defeats the advantage of working all year for a good seed.

when the crowd is NINETY percent rooting for a 3 seed. 5 % for a 1 seed and 5% indifferent... Oklahoma cried and we laughed at them (rightfully so).

Now, cal will have 40-50% of the arena (4 teams as opposed to 2) and we are crying.

I am telling us to stop crying and frankly being pathetic.

edit* i BEAM with pride when talking about the severe crowd advantage of the albany game. That was an amazing site to see and hear on TV. It is a testament to our fans.

when the crowd is NINETY percent rooting for a 3 seed. 5 % for a 1 seed and 5% indifferent... Oklahoma cried and we laughed at them (rightfully so).

Now, cal will have 40-50% of the arena (4 teams as opposed to 2) and we are crying.

it will be much more then 50%. it will be closer to 80%

edit* i BEAM with pride when talking about the severe crowd advantage of the albany game. That was an amazing site to see and hear on TV. It is a testament to our fans.

It's not about crying or making excuses. This could have easily been avoided. There is no good reason why anybody should have an advantage, particularly a low seed. Btw I think you are vastly underrating the crowd for Cal tonight.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom