Nice job Lebron... | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Nice job Lebron...

That is a funny way to phrase it but almost every team is going through this right now from what I have seen of the NBA. The Knicks look completely lost in the triangle. The Cavs really struggled with their rolls and getting used to all the new players.

Yup. Much ado about nothing.

My favorite part are the articles already commenting on the Cavs' lack of bench...

No bench? You don't think? This is what happens when you load up on superstars - you are top heavy. You give up depth. This is the team that Bron wanted. I like LeBron, but the media needs to acknowledge that he basically the GM of this team and got the players he wanted. It worked in Miami, let's see if it works here.

The one comment I'll make about the bench is that the Cavs were -13 in the 43 minutes Lebron played and +8 in the 5 minutes he didn't play. Now obviously, he only sat for 5 minutes so let's not draw huge conclusions from that.
But the only thing Lebron really spearheaded was the Love trade, right? (Am I missing anything else?) Doubt they would have been better off with Bennett and Wiggins last night. Their bench definitely isn't great though. I think they have a trade exception which they will presumably try and use on a big guy at some point.

Oh I'm sure he's going to suck in any offense.
Knicks also have until today to pick up a $1.6 million option on Larkin for next year. I think they should.

I believe they've already said they will not be picking up his option.

The Knicks won't start their return to prominence until they get rid of Smith and Amare.

I believe they've already said they will not be picking up his option.

That seems to be the latest word, I hope they reconsider. I don't think that 1.6 million of cap space is going to be that important, and if it is, they could always trade him like they did with Outlaw. Maybe I'm putting too m uch stock in one game, but if he's a backup PG, he's worth the money

That seems to be the latest word, I hope they reconsider. I don't think that 1.6 million of cap space is going to be that important, and if it is, they could always trade him like they did with Outlaw. Maybe I'm putting too m uch stock in one game, but if he's a backup PG, he's worth the money

Yeah, I don't see him ever being more than a sparkplug off the bench, but $1.6 million isn't going to kill them at all. You'd think they'd want to keep him on the rookie salary.

Larkin looks like he belongs. I hope the Knicks reconsider as well and think they will if he has a good season. Keeping him won't prevent them from making a splash in FA and Calderon is getting up there in years while already being an athletic/defensive liability.

Any team would be hard pressed to get a young quality backup PG for less than 1.6mil

$1.6 million is just not a lot of money, this is probably one of those things that will really bother me while in the long run, not being a huge deal. But still!

One game. Eighty-one to go. Small sample size. Cavs' first game together, it'll take a while to mesh. Bench'll be fine ... particularly if Ray Allen decides to give it one more shot.

Not disagreeing on the sample size, just saying the articles about tu bench are already coming out.

As for Ray, he doesn't have what he used to in the tank. But he wouldn't hurt that team.

The one comment I'll make about the bench is that the Cavs were -13 in the 43 minutes Lebron played and +8 in the 5 minutes he didn't play. Now obviously, he only sat for 5 minutes so let's not draw huge conclusions from that.
But the only thing Lebron really spearheaded was the Love trade, right? (Am I missing anything else?) Doubt they would have been better off with Bennett and Wiggins last night. Their bench definitely isn't great though. I think they have a trade exception which they will presumably try and use on a big guy at some point.

They are going to sign Andy for something like 3 years and $30MM. He can't stay healthy.

Tristan Thompson is under Bron's management team so he won't go anywhere.

I'll maintain what I've said - they went all in on offense and are set up to be bad (not average) at defense. That is why I liked keeping Wiggins, but I get the appeal of Love.

I'm just not as high on Love as others. His D stinks and he can't protect the rim at all. He also turns the ball over a decent amount.

Bron wanted a team like he had in Miami, that is fine. Got him two titles. Can't argue that. But Windhorst has said in public and on the record that Bron is wielding GM/ Owner level sway with this team.

LeBron definitely took the blame for the game more than anyone. And he was definitely right about the whole "thought my teammates were there". 6 of his 8 turnovers I thought Kyrie and others were going to make a cut but went in the wrong direction. LeBron also made some lazy passes in transition though. They clearly need some work, and some decent set plays to run. Right now it's all about Kyrie and LeBron running the clock down a bit and passing.

But seriously, Dion should be in the game right now in OT. Played a hell of a lot better than Dellavedova tonight.

Edit: This dude Thompson is destroying the Bulls on the Offensive glass.

The
...of throwing your teammates under the bus. On why he had 8 turnovers..."I threw the ball where I expected my team mates to be but they weren't there. We'll work on that and get them where I expect them." That's right King, because it's all about you.[/QUOTE
There is some truth to that. For eg. he threw a pretty no look pass that went through the hands of Verajeo.

They are going to sign Andy for something like 3 years and $30MM. He can't stay healthy.

Tristan Thompson is under Bron's management team so he won't go anywhere.

I'll maintain what I've said - they went all in on offense and are set up to be bad (not average) at defense. That is why I liked keeping Wiggins, but I get the appeal of Love.

I'm just not as high on Love as others. His D stinks and he can't protect the rim at all. He also turns the ball over a decent amount.

Bron wanted a team like he had in Miami, that is fine. Got him two titles. Can't argue that. But Windhorst has said in public and on the record that Bron is wielding GM/ Owner level sway with this team.

I agree that Lebron is pretty much going to be running the team. My point was just that right now, after one game (when I made the post) to say Lebron is the reason the bench is so thin (if its turns out to be thin) is a stretch; it's not like there were a ton of other moves to be made. Varejao definitely struggles to stay healthy (played 65 games last year, most he played in 4 years) but what can you do? $10 million is a very fair price for a starting center, which he is, with the obvious caveat, and it's not like they have serious cap space if they let him walk. Thompson will be an interesting one; I tend to agree with you, you may not want to tie up close to $20 million in Andy and Thompson combined.

I know the Wiggins/Love thing has been done to death, but I'll continue to say it was a no brainer. You have the best player on the planet getting close to age 30, and you have a chance to trade a maybe for a sure thing, who happens to be 25. The defense will be absolutely be an issue. They're banking on adding a big guy via trade, and also having one of the best offenses in the history of the league.

I agree that Lebron is pretty much going to be running the team. My point was just that right now, after one game (when I made the post) to say Lebron is the reason the bench is so thin (if its turns out to be thin) is a stretch; it's not like there were a ton of other moves to be made. Varejao definitely struggles to stay healthy (played 65 games last year, most he played in 4 years) but what can you do? $10 million is a very fair price for a starting center, which he is, with the obvious caveat, and it's not like they have serious cap space if they let him walk. Thompson will be an interesting one; I tend to agree with you, you may not want to tie up close to $20 million in Andy and Thompson combined.

I know the Wiggins/Love thing has been done to death, but I'll continue to say it was a no brainer. You have the best player on the planet getting close to age 30, and you have a chance to trade a maybe for a sure thing, who happens to be 25. The defense will be absolutely be an issue. They're banking on adding a big guy via trade, and also having one of the best offenses in the history of the league.

All fair points. Time will tell. They had a nice win last night. Being a Bulls fan must be awful each time D Rose gets dinged up.

All fair points. Time will tell. They had a nice win last night. Being a Bulls fan must be awful each time D Rose gets dinged up.

Were you watching the game? The sound in the arena when Rose started limping was crazy, people just going "no no no".
I saw Zach Lowe tweeted this, and I was kind of thinking the same thing. Lebron doesn't look as explosive as he usually is. Don't want to read too much into it, but...

Were you watching the game? The sound in the arena when Rose started limping was crazy, people just going "no no no".
I saw Zach Lowe tweeted this, and I was kind of thinking the same thing. Lebron doesn't look as explosive as he usually is. Don't want to read too much into it, but...

Yes re the Rose thing - scary.

Ya. I'm not sure what's up. If it's the new system, teammates or something else.

I'm thinkin' maybe LeBron's holding back some and trying to get Kyrie and Kevin, et al., involved, working on the meshing aspect. He still had, what, 36 last night, took over and dominated when he had to, looked explosive enough to me at the end.

Good time for a road trip -- three-game western roadie this coming week. Get out of Dodge, get away from the family and routine, do some good ol' male bonding, work on team chemistry on and off the court.
I enjoyed seeing LeBron and Varejao and other Cavs swarm Blatt after the game and give him some love for his first NBA win at the age of 55. I like Blatt a lot, I think he's the right man for this team, exceptional basketball mind, great people skills, no-nonsense, apparently not afraid to give LBJ or anyone else some "constructive criticism." http://probasketballtalk.nbcsports....ng-following-embarrassing-opening-night-loss/

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cuse702

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom