Nick Carparelli | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Nick Carparelli

I don't like that his potential candidacy is being overshadowed by a Nike/UA debate. He also worked for the Big East, doesn't mean we would go back there if we hire him.

If he has the contacts to create competition to get SU a better deal, whether with Nike or UA, that's a plus. But he checks a lot of other boxes in more meaningful areas that I'd like to see compared to other candidates once they are identified.

Coughlin as the interim, Carparelli for the Job.

Alsacs said:
What has Nike done for Syracuse University other than get our AD to neuter Orangemen/women to Orange. I get JB gets money from them but they don't send us any recruits. They have destroyed our football jerseys and basketball jerseys. I got no loyalty to Nike I don't care if we are an Adidas, Nike, Under Armour, New Balance, Puma, whatever brand school. We need an AD who would do good things for Syracuse and Nick Carparelli is a Syracuse guy.

Don't have a problem with UA or Carparelli - but recruits (esp BB) do care about Nike. How much? No idea.

Joe Godley.

Love this choice. Already familiar with the dome, unafraid of expressing his opinion, has great vocal communication skills, and has tremendous marketing ability.

I think Pete Thamel is on to something.

Nick seems to be uniquely qualified for the AD position.

https://www.linkedin.com/in/ncarparelli
My only reservation is that he was the Senior Associate Commish at the Big East Conference from 2002 to 2014. What role did he play in the BEC's failure to take any proactive steps during the realignment years? :confused:

My only reservation is that he was the Senior Associate Commish at the Big East Conference from 2002 to 2014. What role did he play in the BEC's failure to take any proactive steps during the realignment years? :confused:
Great interview question.

The titanic was sinking, but it would be nice to hear what the officers were doing to keep it afloat, despite the inevitable outcome.

texascpa said:
If it's like my company, most would vest between 2 and 5 years.
wow that's a long vesting period!

funny-to-do-list-items.jpg

What has Nike done for Syracuse University other than get our AD to neuter Orangemen/women to Orange.
I never bought this. If Nike was really to blame for neutering SU's nickname then why is Tennessee women's bball still the Lady Vols?

CI16B1NUcAQwHYi.jpg

Lady_vols_logo.png

The titanic was sinking, but it would be nice to hear what the officers were doing to keep it afloat, despite the inevitable outcome.

The answer would probably be this: (1) once the football schools insisted that Miami, Pitt, and Va Tech be added the eventual end of the conference was inevitable; (2) despite the basic structural defect in the conference, it did continue to operate and flourish; (3) because of the Big East Football Conference Syracuse was afforded chances to go to the Fiesta Bowl and Orange Bowl; (4) when the ACC raided the Big East quality programs were added quite effectively - Cincy, Louisville and - god help me - UConn; (5) when Syracuse and Pitt left for the ACC creative thinking added albeit in a very limited way, TCU and Boise State and (6) the American Conference has been a more successful venture than many anticipated with Houston, Temple, UCF and USF playing some decent football.

I never bought this. If Nike was really to blame for neutering SU's nickname then why is Tennessee women's bball still the Lady Vols?

Tennessee fans care. :)

are we really trying to figure out if he's part of the demise of the big east. That ship sailed once ACC called Miami and said, "hey whats up"...the best leaders in modern civilization couldn't combat at that point. if he said well i voted against trying to poach the ACC in 2002 then maybe u can hold it against him for 1%

They were shooting people and making side deals to get men on the lifeboats.

Did you not see the movie?

(if not, you'll love the ending).

The Football passengers were saying "We need to find a lifeboat ASAP".

The Basketball passengers were saying "Don't be silly. This conference is unsinkable".

Tomcat for AD...intelligent, analytical, dedicated, and oozes integrity...
The negotiations would begin with
- doubling the number of tubas in the marching band
- Fine Mess being declared the Official Syracuse Tailgate
- Tailgate parking opened sooner and more trash cans available
- building some tradition of excitement on the Quad pre-game
- Bringing TexanMark out of (soon to be) early retirement (oops, there goes the TampaBayMark moniker) as the official Tailgater, with an obvious proper title such as Asst. Director of Pre-Game Social Events (This would require a shopping stipend for Mrs. TexanMark to compensate (read bribe) her to grant TexanMark a kitchen pass every weekend).
- Rolling this board into the Syracuse Sports website
- Creating a volunteer Fan Committee made up of posters on this site. We address and solve every issue before, after and during every game anyway, why not use our expertise and accomplish everything once and for all (Note: This gets dropped as the first item off the list - C'mon, if we really could solve every issue like we think we can we would get paid to do so and wouldn't do it for free like we do now!)
- And then the little, itty bitty issue of compensation.

Tomcat for AD!

Paid for by the Committee To Elect Tomcat for AD.

The negotiations would begin with
- doubling the number of tubas in the marching band
- Fine Mess being declared the Official Syracuse Tailgate
- Tailgate parking opened sooner and more trash cans available
- building some tradition of excitement on the Quad pre-game
- Bringing TexanMark out of (soon to be) early retirement (oops, there goes the TampaBayMark moniker) as the official Tailgater, with an obvious proper title such as Asst. Director of Pre-Game Social Events (This would require a shopping stipend for Mrs. TexanMark to compensate (read bribe) her to grant TexanMark a kitchen pass every weekend).
- Rolling this board into the Syracuse Sports website
- Creating a volunteer Fan Committee made up of posters on this site. We address and solve every issue before, after and during every game anyway, why not use our expertise and accomplish everything once and for all (Note: This gets dropped as the first item off the list - C'mon, if we really could solve every issue like we think we can we would get paid to do so and wouldn't do it for free like we do now!)
- And then the little, itty bitty issue of compensation.

Tomcat for AD!

Paid for by the Committee To Elect Tomcat for AD.

How would Tomcat react if Mark breaks out his Rutgirls hat at an official fine lot tailgate?

What has Nike done for Syracuse University other than get our AD to neuter Orangemen/women to Orange.

I get JB gets money from them but they don't send us any recruits. They have destroyed our football jerseys and basketball jerseys. I got no loyalty to Nike I don't care if we are an Adidas, Nike, Under Armour, New Balance, Puma, whatever brand school.

We need an AD who would do good things for Syracuse and Nick Carparelli is a Syracuse guy.

If you think Nike butchered our unis, wait until you see what UA does to them.

How would Tomcat react if Mark breaks out his Rutgirls hat at an official fine lot tailgate?
Obviously that would require a minimum of a severe reprimand. Naturally, the plate being served at said tailgate could have some effect on the severity of any punishment. However, Knowing TexanMark this is not a likely occurrence...unless an enterprising fellow fan could dupe him into doing so, in which case, the blackmail value of photos would far exceed any punishment and we could plead TexanMark's case to the all-just-a-good-guy AD Tomcat, that the punishment may be avoided.

Naturally, the NCAA would have to investigate and as Syracuse has a student drug policy, there will be a loss of scholarships for the Fine Mess team, games will be forfeited (cone hole is their real target from what I hear). Fortunately, no will care, the media blow hard about ethics and the Fine Mess Team will be relegated to walk-ons serving as coordinators and chefs, but has that ever stopped the Fine Mess (a.k.a. the SEC of Tailgating - NO RULES!)?

Obviously that would require a minimum of a severe reprimand. Naturally, the plate being served at said tailgate could have some effect on the severity of any punishment. However, Knowing TexanMark this is not a likely occurrence...unless an enterprising fellow fan could dupe him into doing so, in which case, the blackmail value of photos would far exceed any punishment and we could plead TexanMark's case to the all-just-a-good-guy AD Tomcat, that the punishment may be avoided.

Naturally, the NCAA would have to investigate and as Syracuse has a student drug policy, there will be a loss of scholarships for the Fine Mess team, games will be forfeited (cone hole is their real target from what I hear). Fortunately, no will care, the media blow hard about ethics and the Fine Mess Team will be relegated to walk-ons serving as coordinators and chefs, but has that ever stopped the Fine Mess (a.k.a. the SEC of Tailgating - NO RULES!)?
Would I get banned for buying and making that hat up?