Nick Carparelli | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Nick Carparelli

Would I get banned for buying and making that hat up?
That would fall squarely upon the broad shoulders of our fearless leader, AD Tomcat. The AD would have the option of creating a panel to review the case if there may exist a conflict of interest between the AD and said perpetrator. Once a penalty is decided upon, mitigating factors will be considered, such as: Is he a quality poster? Does he bring good food to the tailgate? Did the wearer of said hat lose a bet?

Per the hypothetical you have provided, let us recall that the alleged perpetrator has duped a fellow Orange fan into wearing a Rutgers hat which is a serious crime. Officials from most of the Conference Tailgates would be greatly offended by such an act especially those among the B1G, Northeastern teams and the NJ Pop Warner leagues. The convicted criminal would have to face stiff punishment, such as: Tearing down the Fine Mess and cleaning up sans help; being made to wear the same garment (in this case a Rutgers hat) during the entire pre-game festivities at the next tailgate. For heinous crimes, the perpetrator could be banished to the visitors section for 1 game.

Fines may be considered: Depending on severity, copious amounts of liquid refreshments may be provided by the perpetrator (this would work best if ginger ale is included in the selection of liquids); Hofmann's Snappy Grillers and Red Hots are usually a good choice, Salt Potatoes and Gianelli Sausages may be substituted if Hofmann's are not readily available. Good pizza may be acceptable, especially if the tailgate will host several younger Orange fans, though major pizza chains may bring additional retribution (use caution!).

Multiple violations would probably have to be self reported to the NCAA for Tailgate Rules Infractions Investigations. Nothing useful is likely to come out of an NCAA Tailgate Rules Infractions Investigation, but so much time, energy and possible expense will be wasted as these generally take several years to verify that the facts provided in the self report are actually accurate, while they look into every possible violation of table manners, tailgate etiquette and personal hygiene (I think it's a southern thing/thang?). Very intrusive. Absolutely no playing with your nose will be tolerated while under investigation. Always keep a clean T-shirt/sweatshirt available. Foul language may only be directed at opposing coaches.

It makes too much sense if Mr. Carparelli does indeed want the job then he is the man for it.

If Caparelli was vetted in the last round, this may be an easy choice all the way around. Occam's Razor: The simplest solution is the best solution (OK, I know I butchered OR to make it fit my purpose).

What has Nike done for Syracuse University other than get our AD to neuter Orangemen/women to Orange.

I get JB gets money from them but they don't send us any recruits. They have destroyed our football jerseys and basketball jerseys. I got no loyalty to Nike I don't care if we are an Adidas, Nike, Under Armour, New Balance, Puma, whatever brand school.

We need an AD who would do good things for Syracuse and Nick Carparelli is a Syracuse guy.
there are no syracuse guys,(marrone) just money guys, that said the search firms. they tell us very little, like most experts. i would stay in the ne or acc to get someone. the bot and dome future is critical. build a new stadium or we will continue to be seen as an also ran

Cusefan0307 said:
McDonough is on the record as saying to skip the search firm consultants and hire Carparelli as this is where he wants to be. Tirico is on board as well.

Hmmm.

If he's a package deal with UA, then no thanks. Blech. If people complain about the uniforms now (which are great, personally), just wait til UA makes them.

Ev
That would fall squarely upon the broad shoulders of our fearless leader, AD Tomcat. The AD would have the option of creating a panel to review the case if there may exist a conflict of interest between the AD and said perpetrator. Once a penalty is decided upon, mitigating factors will be considered, such as: Is he a quality poster? Does he bring good food to the tailgate? Did the wearer of said hat lose a bet?

Per the hypothetical you have provided, let us recall that the alleged perpetrator has duped a fellow Orange fan into wearing a Rutgers hat which is a serious crime. Officials from most of the Conference Tailgates would be greatly offended by such an act especially those among the B1G, Northeastern teams and the NJ Pop Warner leagues. The convicted criminal would have to face stiff punishment, such as: Tearing down the Fine Mess and cleaning up sans help; being made to wear the same garment (in this case a Rutgers hat) during the entire pre-game festivities at the next tailgate. For heinous crimes, the perpetrator could be banished to the visitors section for 1 game.

Fines may be considered: Depending on severity, copious amounts of liquid refreshments may be provided by the perpetrator (this would work best if ginger ale is included in the selection of liquids); Hofmann's Snappy Grillers and Red Hots are usually a good choice, Salt Potatoes and Gianelli Sausages may be substituted if Hofmann's are not readily available. Good pizza may be acceptable, especially if the tailgate will host several younger Orange fans, though major pizza chains may bring additional retribution (use caution!).

Multiple violations would probably have to be self reported to the NCAA for Tailgate Rules Infractions Investigations. Nothing useful is likely to come out of an NCAA Tailgate Rules Infractions Investigation, but so much time, energy and possible expense will be wasted as these generally take several years to verify that the facts provided in the self report are actually accurate, while they look into every possible violation of table manners, tailgate etiquette and personal hygiene (I think it's a southern thing/thang?). Very intrusive. Absolutely no playing with your nose will be tolerated while under investigation. Always keep a clean T-shirt/sweatshirt available. Foul language may only be directed at opposing coaches.
Even the visitors section has great seats

McDonough is on the record as saying to skip the search firm consultants and hire Carparelli as this is where he wants to be. Tirico is on board as well.

Bang, get it done.

And they both have more money to contribute now.

It's all good.

If he's a package deal with UA, then no thanks. Blech. If people complain about the uniforms now (which are great, personally), just wait til UA makes them.
If we switched I'd feel terrible for our track athletes who would be forced to run in UA's atrocious running shoes. The jerseys are a small portion. Nike makes superior running shoes, basketball shoes, and cleats.

Yeah, nobody here is even thinking of the running shoes part of finding the new AD.
It was merely a comment on the hypothetical involving him being a package deal with UA. He's clearly qualified and should be a candidate. My post had less to do with him and more to do with the on-going discussions of him coming from Under Armour and the fact that we're fairly entrenched as a Nike school. And I'd also argue that despite your attempts to be sarcastic about it running shoes and the deals with the companies that make them are fairly important to our athletic department's budget.

I think if he came in he'd do what's best for the program, rather than immediately switching us to his old employer's clothing line. If Nike is offering more money and Boeheim wants to stay Nike, I'm sure we'd stay with them.

There would have to be a potential conflict of interest discussion... both during the interview process and negotiation process, if it got that far. Who knows, perhaps Kent sees this as a red flag and will keep Nick out of the candidates pool, unless Nick would agree to divest.

There would have to be a potential conflict of interest discussion... both during the interview process and negotiation process, if it got that far. Who knows, perhaps Kent sees this as a red flag and will keep Nick out of the candidates pool, unless Nick would agree to divest.
Agreed. This was my major concern with him - potential conflict of interest issues.

I can't imagine we'd have to hire a search firm. Coyle never unpacked. The ink isn't even dry on the interview notes.

As for Carparelli, those 2 endorsements certainly should earn him a spot on the interview list. I couldn't speak to any possible conflict of interest issues that some of you are mentioning, so let the legal people have fun with that.

I hope whoever they hire understands what kind of hire Babers is for the football program and will give a full vote of confidence to let him see it through. As I've said (and many others as well), we have to try this route given that Dome thing we have, and if it doesn't work out you find out so much more about the job. It's such a change of style, you need to give him enough time.

Then there's the whole JB/Hopkins thing again, but that's for another board on another day.