Nick Saban Retiring | Page 7 | Syracusefan.com

Nick Saban Retiring

And now Washington players will have 30 days to enter the transfer portal. And if Kliff Kingsbury moves to UW then Texas Tech players will have 30 days to enter the transfer portal.

When does it end?? :)
Kingsbury is at USC as a QB coach (after getting fired as Cardinals HC), so no impact to the portal, but point taken

Kingsbury is at USC as a QB coach (after getting fired as Cardinals HC), so no impact to the portal, but point taken
Yeah good call - for some reason I thought he was still at Texas Tech.

Yeah good call - for some reason I thought he was still at Texas Tech.
He was let go at Tech in 2018, went to be the USC OC for 5 minutes, then left there to be the Arizona Cardinals coach.

I think you're heavily underestimating the value he brought to the program. He didnt get those top classes by accident, that took WORK. He also didn't coach 3 separate teams to the upper echelon of college football by accident, again that took football know-how well beyond the capabilities of most coaches. I would also point to his QBs being largely garbage in the NFL, while not a great result and showing he probably wasn't a QB builder, he did consistently build and scheme around those guys to make them very successful.
Part of coaching is recruiting

This reminds me of when Auburn hired Harsin. A pacific northwesterner getting hired by a southern school. Not sure this is the best fit.
Actually his roots are much like Sabans, his career was built in the Midwest before going to Fresno.

Wash will be attractive.. But right now they have 1 QB coming in and nothing else with Rodgers leaving. They had elite skill on offense and most of that is gone and they struggled to win almost every game with that last yr. They could easily regress into a harder schedule to 5-6 win team.

Word on the street yesterday was the OC Grubb
I read that somewhere else too. Would be a smart move on their part but I know DeBoer would still want him if that doesn't work out.

DeBoer is a winner. But I thought that the gameplan vs Mich was awful and they were a very lucky team all yr to get where they did winning every game like that.

he will need to step it up at Alabama and maybe more talent lets him do that.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom