Class of 2014 - Nile Sykes, LB (IL) Offered | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2014 Nile Sykes, LB (IL) Offered

So Sykes is Skittles? I thought that was reserved for Marshawn Lynch...

Still though, if we can get that guy in the door, holy crap our LB corps is going to be totally ridiculous in 2 years

I think Eric White is referring to MR. Hallmon. This is a tweet from earlier this week
tee malcolm@hismom_2 3h
Deion and I asked his two year old sister what school should he attend.Out of 10, she picked Syracuse. She said they have candy.: )

I think Eric White is referring to MR. Hallmon. This is a tweet from earlier this week
tee malcolm@hismom_2 3h
Deion and I asked his two year old sister what school should he attend.Out of 10, she picked Syracuse. She said they have candy.: )

i thought you can't take officials until Sept 1?

tee malcolm@hismom_2 3h

Sounds logical. But I also saw this, but I am unsure if anyone else of the Core 6 group besides Sykes is taking visits this week...

#COMPETE@core6athletes 18m
#CORE6 Class of 2014 commitment #15 expected this week!!!

Sounds logical. But I also saw this, but I am unsure if anyone else of the Core 6 group besides Sykes is taking visits this week...

#CORE6 Class of 2014 commitment #15 expected this week!!!
Unless Sykes is on a 'soft verbal' where he told our staff if the visit goes well, and he expects it too, then he will commit. then I really doubt this is talking about Sykes. I mean don't get me wrong, I hope it is, frankly Sykes is the LB I have wanted most since Franklin committed, I just dont suspect Sykes will verbal immediately following his visit, and I doubt even more the liklihood of him telling the core6 staff that's what he expects to happen.

Unless Sykes is on a 'soft verbal' where he told our staff if the visit goes well, and he expects it too, then he will commit. then I really doubt this is talking about Sykes. I mean don't get me wrong, I hope it is, frankly Sykes is the LB I have wanted most since Franklin committed, I just dont suspect Sykes will verbal immediately following his visit, and I doubt even more the liklihood of him telling the core6 staff that's what he expects to happen.

It might depend on how thick he is with Moskal and if Colton is as good a recruiter as AJ. ;)

#
CORE6
Class of 2014 commitment #15 expected this week!!!

The Core 6 tweet could very well refer to Sykes as he's visiting Syracuse on the 12th this week.

I'm thinking White's tweet is about one of our DB recruits or OL recruits.

What about Brosnan. Is he core6 ?

Not sure. Was wondering the same thing about him and Lamar Dawson. Although 247 is predicting Brosnan to Vandy.

Not sure. Was wondering the same thing about him and Lamar Dawson. Although 247 is predicting Brosnan to Vandy.

From a FREE article...11/2012

Chicago St. Rita (Ill.) junior cornerback Lamar Dawson had eight interceptions this season, not bad for a guy who hadn't played the position before.

Lamar Dawsongot thrown into the fire this year. A wide receiver initially, he was moved to cornerback and started for one of the Windy City's top schools, St. Rita. He adjusted quickly and is now firmly established as a kid colleges need to take note of.
"The season went pretty good," he said. "At first I wasn't comfortable playing the position, but the coaches put me in the right position, and I got better. I had four picks in the postseason, so I got better as the season went on."
Dawson finished with eight interceptions. At 6'0, 190-lbs, with a physical style and good ball skills, he may project to safety for some schools. At either spot, he is hoping to hear from more programs. He says mail has been slow to come, partially because he transferred in.
"I [got mail] last year, but I was at Lockport. I got stuff from Michigan. I haven't gotten much at Rita. Tennessee, I got stuff from them, I think that was about it, and Stanfordtoo."
As for camps, Dawson says, "I didn't get to any this year. I think I will this year. I know I'm going to the Core 6 Showcase in January."

There's a very good chance Sykes is being recruited as a DE

If the staff can get Sykes to commit directly after the KJ commit, I'm donating again to the All In campaign. He could be the best Defensive player in the class. The train would be steaming down the 2014 track then. Orange Nation is truly Rising! Lets stay hot.

JULY 12 visit.

According to R****s Sykes has had to reschedule his visit for this week. Since I don't have a subscription I don't know why.

According to R****s Sykes has had to reschedule his visit for this week. Since I don't have a subscription I don't know why.
References something about coaches' vacation schedules.

The Core 6 tweet could very well refer to Sykes as he's visiting Syracuse on the 12th this week.

I'm thinking White's tweet is about one of our DB recruits or OL recruits.

Well that tweet was referring to Morrissey. Have to keep an eye on that Twitter though when Sykes and Dawson visit. Just saw the list of where these 2014 Core6 players have committed so far...not bad. Hopefully we get two more.

Ian Bunting – Michigan
Jamarco Jones – OHIO STATE
Lonnie Johnson – OHIO STATE
Dylan Thompson – OHIO STATE
Brian Allen – Michigan State
Chase Gianacakos – Michigan State
Matt Morrissey – Michigan State
Trent Sherfield – Vanderbilt
Kirk Barron – Purdue
Cloton Moskal – Syracuse
Vontae Diggs – Toledo
Robert Spillane – Western Michigan
Richard Olekanma – Toledo
Denzel Tolliver – Northern Illinois
Jake Kolbe – Illinois State

"As a freshman, Nile Sykes (Lombard, Ill./Montini Catholic) played a little bit of linebacker. He has not played the position since, though, moving to defensive end as a sophomore and junior.

Except colleges want the 6-foot-2, 219-pound Sykes to play outside linebacker, so several teams are holding off on offering until they see senior film at the position. "

From Jared Shanker.

gotta worry about Iowa St

Well you are definitely right on this...

Jared Shanker@JShankerESPN 3h
Four-star LB Nile Sykes not ready to list favorites but would like to make return trip to #IowaState, visit #Syracuse

Do you think if Sykes chooses Iowa St. the staff goes back to Crochet?

Well you are definitely right on this...

Jared Shanker@JShankerESPN 3h
Four-star LB Nile Sykes not ready to list favorites but would like to make return trip to #IowaState, visit #Syracuse

Do you think if Sykes chooses Iowa St. the staff goes back to Crochet?
Knitting is a funny way to grieve. :D