No longer a part of the program | Syracusefan.com

No longer a part of the program

SWC75

Bored Historian
Boatman, Mungwa and Riley Dickson, a walk-on kicker are no longer part of the program per SU as annocuned by the Axeman just now.

Mungwa? wow Guess he liked his music more than football.

Man, that totally sucks about Mungwa:bang: . I wonder what happened.

Losing Boatman hurts.

Not really IMO Crume is back healthy, you got Zian Jones and the other walk-on assuming he is in. Forgot to add Sloan as well.

Boatman, Mungwa and Riley Dickson, a walk-on kicker are no longer part of the program per SU as annocuned by the Axeman just now.

There were supposed to be surprises tomorrow, I was hoping they weren't negative. Mungwa is the big loss. I would think McFarlane fills that spot now.

Based on where the "surprises" statement was coming from the guesses are that they are in reference to Funderburk and the Ball St. kid.

There were supposed to be surprises tomorrow, I was hoping they weren't negative. Mungwa is the big loss. I would think McFarlane fills that spot now.

Based on where the "surprises" statement was coming from the guesses are that they are in reference to Funderburk and the Ball St. kid.
Is McFarlane definitely switching sides to defense?

Not really IMO Crume is back healthy, you got Zian Jones and the other walk-on assuming he is in. Forgot to add Sloan as well.

At the very least, losing a 5th yr guy with experience hurts depth. Can never have too many healthy trench guys.

Yep Mcfarlane and Dontez Ford could fill that spot.

At the very least, losing a 5th yr guy with experience hurts depth. Can never have too many healthy trench guys.

No doubt just throwing some more names in their that may have been forgotten about.

Jeez, how do kids throw away opportunities like this? I mean even if you dont like football, i mean its a free ride to a top notch institution.

Boatman is an Honor Roll student. Maybe he has his degree already?

Jeez, how do kids throw away opportunities like this? I mean even if you dont like football, i mean its a free ride to a top notch institution.

Shu is smart and really loves music. I hope he has a great future even if it isn't in football.

There will be more surprises, injuries, etc. before the opener. Inevitable.

There will be more surprises, injuries, etc. before the opener. Inevitable.

Yeah we wont know for a while though with the team at the military base.

Shu is a brilliant kid. I know he's big on his hip-hop career. Grades have been outstanding at Syracuse. Might not want to play football anymore. I'm waiting to hear back from him. Left him a message a while ago.

It actually doesn't surprise me at all having listened to the lyrics of the songs he's been posting. Stinks, this was a kid whose own high school coaches told me he wasn't worth helping get a scholarship because he "wasn't very good". Worked my tail off to help him.

Oh well.

Shu is a brilliant kid. I know he's big on his hip-hop career. Grades have been outstanding at Syracuse. Might not want to play football anymore. I'm waiting to hear back from him. Left him a message a while ago.

It actually doesn't surprise me at all having listened to the lyrics of the songs he's been posting. Stinks, this was a kid whose own high school coaches told me he wasn't worth helping get a scholarship because he "wasn't very good". Worked my tail off to help him.

Oh well.

He's also very, very, skilled at video editing.

It seems unlikely academics had anything to do with any of the departures. All three were members of the athletics director’s honor roll, and Mungwa, biology major, made the Big East all-academic team for 2011-12.

--------------------------

Great! Three Honor Roll students are going to hurt our academic rating.

Didn't many here think Boatman would be in the rotation ams probably even start? I don't get him leaving.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

Really really bummed about mungwa been excited to see him for awhile.

I'm not really going to fault any kid for quitting football. It's an incredibly huge commitment and not for everyone. I'd rather celebrate those who can stick it out than criticize those who'd rather not.

From the updated Daily Orange story:

Boatman said Friday that his departure from the team was a "long story," but it was not related to any sort of dissatisfaction with head coach Doug Marrone. "It's a lot of miscommunication with a lot of different things," Boatman said. "It had nothing to do with Coach Marrone or anything, he did everything he could to keep me in school."

From the updated Daily Orange story:

Boatman said Friday that his departure from the team was a "long story," but it was not related to any sort of dissatisfaction with head coach Doug Marrone. "It's a lot of miscommunication with a lot of different things," Boatman said. "It had nothing to do with Coach Marrone or anything, he did everything he could to keep me in school."

Boatman did graduate last May, per the DO.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom