Class of 2014 - Noah Vonleh | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2014 Noah Vonleh

Just saw on twitter that Williams camp thinks Indiana still has a good shot to get Vonleh. Maybe Crean will cut some kids again to make room. Interesting information too with UNC. Some of the UNC people were under the impression they were in the lead with Vonleh then the latest articles came out and they all seemed shocked. It's too bad he's not going to be able to see the dome filled in a game like Georgetown instead he'll see it probably half filled because its just an exhibition game.
I wonder if over the winter the staff will try to get him to visit SU again unofficially for a big game like Gtown or Louisville

Vonleh isn't coming this weekend, will be going to IU Nov.9-11. Hasn't rescheduled, will also visit OSU thanksgiving weekend... so thats twice this kid has stiffed us. MFER

Vonleh isn't coming this weekend, will be going to IU Nov.9-11. Hasn't rescheduled, will also visit OSU thanksgiving weekend... so thats twice this kid has stiffed us. MFER
What??? Why isn't he coming?

He told Zags today that he is planning to set up future visits with GTown Cuse and UCONN.

Well if... BIG if... its true that he does make a visit later it could be a good thing. Maybe he can see the Dome rocking for a Big game rather than a sterile campus post-Sandy.

believe that crud when I see it.
Ya one thing I can't stand is a pimp with a posse. Nothing wrong with confidence but if the kid can't give us enough respect to show up for a visit, I say we recruit over him.

It sucks but like others have mentioned if he does come back for a game to see the dome rocking it could end up being a blessing in disguise. Everything has indicated he's deciding in the spring, so I'd be shocked if he committed to Indiana or Osu before giving us a visit. Also, if he waits it may make our visit more fresh in his mind come decision time. I wasn't crazy about him coming for an exhibition game, but like I said I think if he doesn't commit anywhere before we get a visit this could end up working in our favor. Well that is if Roberson doesn't commit first.

Mike Waters tweeted that he thought Vonleh had SAT's this weekend forcing him to cancel

as long as we get a visit at some point. if he doesnt sign till spring, then this visit wouldnt mean much anyways. he obviously wants to go where he can be plugged in and play, by then we should have a pretty good idea if Christmas and/or Fair will be NBA bound or not. of course none of this matters if Roberson picks us

You do realize that some of the recruits do read message boards.

These kids are trying to make very difficult decisions, with college recruiters coming at them every day, cut them a little slack.

You do realize that some of the recruits do read message boards.
I didn't call the kid a mfer, I was just talkimg about the situation. Honestly I don't care where kids go. They have to do whats best for them.

I didn't call the kid a mfer, I was just talkimg about the situation. Honestly I don't care where kids go. They have to do whats best for them.
Go to time out.

Did he JUST now find out when his SATs were scheduled? lol
Well he did just reclassify so he possibly wasn't scheduled to take every SAT opportunity out there initially because he basically had 2 years to take them and qualify, but with the process now expediated he now has to keep taking at every offering unless he gets a good score early. So yes he may have JUST found out that he should take it and for all we know this decision could have been made anytime in the last couple of weeks and we are just finding out about it now.

Could be the Hurricane had an effect on coming this weekend. He does live in NH right? I know a good amount of people lost power in NH. Maybe something happened and he decided it wasn't a good time.

@evandanielsfox: Hearing IU has pulled out of BeeJay Anya recruitment to focus on Noah Vonleh.
Bad news. I would rather lose out on Anya than Vonleh.

I still don't understand where IU is finding room. Isn't the only reason that we began recruiting Patterson because IU didn't have any 'ships left to offer? If we were to land Vonleh, then deny Patterson as a result... I would feel so damn bad for that kid.

What??? Why isn't he coming?

He's just not that into us. That's fine. He's a very good player, but we want people who want to be here; not just people playing us for their NBA audition. That can mess up team chemistry (see Donte Greene and his unwillingness to defend or rebound inside).

Bad news. I would rather lose out on Anya than Vonleh.

I still don't understand where IU is finding room. Isn't the only reason that we began recruiting Patterson because IU didn't have any 'ships left to offer? If we were to land Vonleh, then deny Patterson as a result... I would feel so damn bad for that kid.

Anyas been out of the question for us for some time now. We are still believed to be a front runner for Vonleh so knowing that IU is going to pull out all the stops is dissapointing news. Plus,hes going to Indiana in a couple weeks for a visit...how convenient for them. Patterson was from last yrs class and because he didnt meet IU's high demand for grades...Crean forced him, I mean advised him to prep at Brewster this yr. Indiana isnt a factor for Patterson at all now. They over recruit and pick and choose who they want at the end. Their's and UK's fans heads are so big they cant be in the same room anymore.

Anyas been out of the question for us for some time now. We are still believed to be a front runner for Vonleh so knowing that IU is going to pull out all the stops is dissapointing news. Plus,hes going to Indiana in a couple weeks for a visit...how convenient for them. Patterson was from last yrs class and because he didnt meet IU's high demand for grades...Crean forced him, I mean advised him to prep at Brewster this yr. Indiana isnt a factor for Patterson at all now. They over recruit and pick and choose who they want at the end. Their's and UK's fans heads are so big they cant be in the same room anymore.
Who said we'te the frontrunner?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom