Noel in home visits | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Noel in home visits

If we get Noel we instantly have the best 5 in college hoops. Game changer.

Having the last in home is huge. Im trying to not get excited about this but I really do think we have a great chance at landing this guy.

Same here...been trying not to get my hopes up, considering we are recruiting against Kentucky...but from reading the new ESPN article about the final 3 schools, I can't help the growing excitement.

The article has a few quotes from Noel about not wanting to replace anyone (in regards to replacing Anthony Davis) if going to Kentucky...about wanting to do his own thing. Which is music to my ears.

And then his remarks about Syracuse, IMO, were about as good as it gets. Like family, named both JB and Hop as coaches he likes very much, tradition, playing with MCW would be good. The author also writes that "Noel’s always been fond of the Orange." Can't get much better than that, right?

Even if he ends up at Kentucky, you gotta give the staff credit. They have done an excellent job in the recruitment of this big-time player. Seemingly have done everything right. If Noel ends up at Kentucky, then he was always going there, and no other school really had a shot, IMO. I'm pumped.

Same here...been trying not to get my hopes up, considering we are recruiting against Kentucky...but from reading the new ESPN article about the final 3 schools, I can't help the growing excitement.

The article has a few quotes from Noel about not wanting to replace anyone (in regards to replacing Anthony Davis) if going to Kentucky...about wanting to do his own thing. Which is music to my ears.

And then his remarks about Syracuse, IMO, were about as good as it gets. Like family, named both JB and Hop as coaches he likes very much, tradition, playing with MCW would be good. The author also writes that "Noel’s always been fond of the Orange." Can't get much better than that, right?

Even if he ends up at Kentucky, you gotta give the staff credit. They have done an excellent job in the recruitment of this big-time player. Seemingly have done everything right. If Noel ends up at Kentucky, then he was always going there, and no other school really had a shot, IMO. I'm pumped.
Completely agree. I think he wants to come here, doesnt mean he will, but if he gets to decide I think he goes with us.

Can one of you with ESPN INsider access post the story for us 99%'ers?

It's friggin adorable, idiots on HoyaTalk actually think they are getting Nerlens Noel. HILARIOUS. Don't they know its 1:20 andd......
I think the only reason GTown is on the list is because of the Ewing/Boston connection.

Funny, just two weeks ago UNC fans were laughing how Noel said he wasn't interested in Duke. Now he cuts UNC and they're saying "f*** him."

Nerlens Noel (Everett, Mass./Tilton), the nation’s top overall recruit and best defensive player, has trimmed his list.

“I cut it a little bit today,” Noel said Sunday night. “I took North Carolina off. I didn’t want to delay the process.” A potential March 19 visit to UNC isn’t happening. While Georgetown, Syracuse and Kentucky – Noel’s final three – have been with him a long time, the Tar Heels tried to make a run at him following his reclassification. Turns out it was too late. Connecticut was also trimmed from the final list.

“I think I’m getting close,” Noel said. “I think after my mom talks to coaches and Kentucky does an in-home visit. Then Syracuse is on Wednesday and my mom already met with Georgetown when she went with me on my visit.”

Each of the three remaining schools has a different angle with which to approach the shot-swatter. The Wildcats, well, they could be four games away from replacing probably No. 1 NBA Draft pick Anthony Davis.

“I don’t like to think like I’m replacing somebody,” Noel said. “I want to go in there and play my own game. I don’t want to replace him and I know we’re similar but I want to go in there and do my own thing.

“Kentucky, when I was there they showed me how good of a job they do with their players and that maybe in 1-2 years in college I could be a professional.”

Then there’s Syracuse. Noel’s always been fond of the Orange. “Syracuse has a great tradition. Whenever I go there it’s a family thing and I like (Jim) Boeheim and (Mike) Hopkins a lot. Playing with Mike Carter-Williams again would be real good. They do a great job of explaining the place.”

The Hoyas' past is not easily lost on Noel. Some of the game's great shot-blockers roamed the lane under the watchful eye of two generations of Thompsons. From Patrick Ewing all the way through Roy Hibbert, the Hoyas have always loved having an anchor in the middle.

“Georgetown really showed me what they’re about. I watched video about how they utilized their big men and I can pass the ball and get assists in that system.”

Can one of you with ESPN INsider access post the story for us 99%'ers?
doesn't require insider access... I cant copy it cause i'm on my phone.

I agree with everything except the highlighted portion - the always going to UK part. I think his first major program may have been SU. And all for all the rational reasons we have posted - proximity, his freinds, the coaches.

I think Kentucky may have come in hard. And by the look of all their recent success, it is hard to beat UKs pitch. Slick Cal appears to have a compelling recruitment. And there are always the pay pal rumors to contend with. You know SU has got to be pretty clean with everything swirling around.

It looks like the staff has made it into the finals with a top recruit, and that is to their credit. Let's see if they can bring him home.

I would go with Dion for the team. Next year there seems to be a lack of an isolation, dribble drive player on offense. Also, there may be a little weakness in ball handling. MCW is a big guard with what looks to be kind of a high dribble. Brandon got stripped at midcourt against KState, and I am still holding that grudge, and WhiteHot is untested but is known for his sweet stroke, not ball handling.

SU's bigs of DC2, and emerging Rak, and hopefully a stronger BMK does not seem bad. Scoring will need to come from CJ and Dirty. I don't expect much offensive output from Noel. I'm not even sure what position he will play because of DC2. Normally you would want Noel's defensive presence in the middle but DC2 doesn't seem like a PF. JB is going to have to do some managing.

For next year ball handling and isolation break downs could be the bigger need.

Of course, I don't think we get to choose. Dion is gone. Looks like we're going to be stuck with Noel. And I believe Dion's being here has little, if anything, to do with his decision. MCW will see time next year. MCW is taking Scoops pg spot. If Dion stays, Cooney gets a lot less minutes.

times like this I wish there was a dislike button

I love the fact he does not want to replace anyone. That is huge. I also really like the fact we are in Boston this weekend and we visit last. I am trying not to get too excited but he makes us pre-season top 5 (with or without Dion). I really we hope we land him and there is no controversy around his recruitment. That is the only thing that worries me. The last thing we need is another bad story.

I love the fact he does not want to replace anyone. That is huge. I also really like the fact we are in Boston this weekend and we visit last. I am trying not to get too excited but he makes us pre-season top 5 (with or without Dion). I really we hope we land him and there is no controversy around his recruitment. That is the only thing that worries me. The last thing we need is another bad story.
the part about not wanting to replace anybody says a lot. Thanks but no thanks Kentucky.

I wonder how those idiots on that Kentucky radio station are going to react when we take another recruit from them.

I hope he's aware none of the NY papers take Calipari seriously that he's staying at Kentucky IF the Knicks want him. They've been saying from "sources" that he doesn't like how his NBA job ended and wants to prove himself, especially if they win it all this year.

I agree with everything except the highlighted portion - the always going to UK part. I think his first major program may have been SU. And all for all the rational reasons we have posted - proximity, his freinds, the coaches.

I think Kentucky may have come in hard. And by the look of all their recent success, it is hard to beat UKs pitch. Slick Cal appears to have a compelling recruitment. And there are always the pay pal rumors to contend with. You know SU has got to be pretty clean with everything swirling around.

It looks like the staff has made it into the finals with a top recruit, and that is to their credit. Let's see if they can bring him home.

Weren't we in on Anthony Davis until the talk about his dad wanting 200.000 to get his son?

Weren't we in on Anthony Davis until the talk about his dad wanting 200.000 to get his son?
That's the way I heard that one too. Maybe, with the NYT showing that they are digging into this recruitment, maybe it could scare off KY from doing anything like that this time. With an even playing field I think SU has the edge. His statement that he doesn't want to replace anyone is very encouraging.

If I recall correctly, it was a Chicago newspaper that broke the $200,000 rumor. That caused AD to temporarily retract his verbal commitment to UK. No real corroboration of the rumor showed up, although the paper never retracted it, and he re-committed to UK. That's how I remember it anyway.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom