North Carolina Gameday... | Page 8 | Syracusefan.com

North Carolina Gameday...

Me rn:

Screen Shot 2022-04-16 at 5.07.31 PM.png

Defense needs serious serious upgrades. Second game in a row the offense scores the “winning” goal only to never see the ball again with a little over a minute left.

This defense is just so easy to score against, attack the shorty, draw the slide and dish to the adjacent player, goal. Desperately need a new goalie and some better short sticks. Just brutal.

Another gut wrenching loss. Season officially over. Just finding new ways to inflict heartbreak at this point.

Gutty play by Curry I’ve been super critical of him he has proved me wrong ever since. I hope petro is coaching somewhere else his slide rich defense may work with different players but it has failed every time it’s been really needed

hey i think team played well and once again battled . But diff in this game was goalies unc least 17saves think combined we may of had 8. didn’t see many atleast from out goalies. Comes down to it when d is looking for pick me up or help goalie needs to save one n gavin or thompson both can’t get it done .

Not a lax guy like you guys, but didn't UNC run SU off the Dome field last year? Seems that we were a caught high pass away from winning?
Fair enough. I just think that Desko is a better close game coach. Coach Petromala is a bad one.

hey i think team played well and once again battled . But diff in this game was goalies unc least 17saves think combined we may of had 8. didn’t see many atleast from out goalies. Comes down to it when d is looking for pick me up or help goalie needs to save one n gavin or thompson both can’t get it done .
Our selection gave the unc goalie many easy saves. Not many bounce shots, many outside shots which are easier to save.

Fair enough. I just think that Desko is a better close game coach. Coach Petromala is a bad one.

Honest question - are we overmatched and hanging in there or are we losing with comparable talent? I have no dog in the Petro thing, dude seems wound...

Desko wins the last 2 games if he's the HC, full stop. Whatever the hell Petro is calling late we should run the opposite, Canisius level bad and totally unacceptable.

also mention it before our defense just refuses to take shots turn their backs instead of just eating it n possibly not losing ur man cause like a baby turn ur back on shot not wanting to get hit. No selling out for ur teammates there murphy. Another bonehead play by him leaving dude wide open on crease luckily for us dude miss ball but murphy is just terrible .

Everybody ran SU last year.

Army 11-18
ND 11-18
UNC 9-21
ND 8-22
Georgetown 8-18

I was at the Georgetown game and it was the sloppiest thing. These games this season scream that we need another couple of guys.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom