Not close, really | Syracusefan.com

Not close, really

Heart says Nova. Rooting for UNC is like rooting for the Empire in Star Wars.

you can take the boy out of the BIG EAST but you can't take the BIG EAST out of the boy. hope nova rolls thru them like they did oklahoma.

Exactly. Blue bloods winning doesn't affect us. Nova winning makes them arguably better than us historically.

Unless we aspire to be a blue blood.

I don't want other to programs to reach or exceed our level.

Especially one in our backyard.

I don't want nova getting their 2nd title before us, plus I hate Philly sports team, no offense to the Philly sports fans in here.

I don't want other to programs to reach or exceed our level.

Especially one in our backyard.
We got offers out to two recruits in or near Philly- Green and Duval...

Unless we aspire to be a blue blood.

Just to illustrate the discrepancy I believe there is between the bluebloods and everyone else...uconn has four titles in 16 years, and I'd still put them well below Kansas with its three titles (one of which was thirty years before i was born).

I don't want nova getting their 2nd title before us, plus I hate Philly sports team, no offense to the Philly sports fans in here.

No offense taken. But I really don't get the not wanting Villanova getting a 2nd title.

green and duval both understand that nova made it to the title game and was ranked #1 most of the year. you think one more loss is gonna swing them ?

you can take the boy out of the BIG EAST but you can't take the BIG EAST out of the boy. hope nova rolls thru them like they did oklahoma.
So close..."you can take the boy out of the BIG EAST but you can't take the BIG EAST out of the boy." I hope nova steps on their dick and the Heels roll thru them like Nova did to oklahoma.

Better that way imo. Screw Nova. Didn't like when we were in the Big East, still don't. Plus we recruit against them more than we do against UNC. And for full disclosure, I hate UNC.

I didn't have a dog in this fight until ESPN ran an article today about poor poor Roy not being able to recruit like big bad Duke and UK. Roy and his bad new bears team with 6 McDonald's All Americans.

green and duval both understand that nova made it to the title game and was ranked #1 most of the year. you think one more loss is gonna swing them ?
Did Keith Smart change the way you feel about '87?

No offense taken. But I really don't get the not wanting Villanova getting a 2nd title.
Because its Villanova, and we hate them...you think any Wildcats fans would be pulling for us if the roles were reversed?

" Screw Nova. Didn't like when we were in the Big East, still don't. Plus we recruit against them more than we do against UNC. "

you saying you didn't like when we were in the big east or didn't like nova when we were in the big east ? i loved the big east. go nova.

"green and duval both understand that nova made it to the title game and was ranked #1 most of the year. you think one more loss is gonna swing them ?"

No idea, you never know. Even JB said last years class would be the best ever- probably assuming Diagne and Bryant would come here. Tough to predict with academics , recruiting and kids, etc...

I didn't have a dog in this fight until ESPN ran an article today about poor poor Roy not being able to recruit like big bad Duke and UK. Roy and his bad new bears team with 6 McDonald's All Americans.

LOL...right??

" Screw Nova. Didn't like when we were in the Big East, still don't. Plus we recruit against them more than we do against UNC. "

you saying you didn't like when we were in the big east or didn't like nova when we were in the big east ? i loved the big east. go nova.

I loved the Big East too.

F@ck Villanova.

Because its Villanova, and we hate them...you think any Wildcats fans would be pulling for us if the roles were reversed?

I grew up on the Jersey side of Philly and loved Big 5 basketball. When I got my first job in Syracuse in '81 my conversion was immediate.

I don't hate Villanova. There seem to be plenty of people on this board who don't hate them either. Less hate for them than for Georgetown, UConn, BC, Pitt or St. John's. But everyone of us have our passions and you are thoroughly entitled to your hatred for Villanova.

That was such a strange article. What??? I think during the Final Four media outlets assign articles to writers who have absolutely no clue about college basketball. That's the only explanation I've got.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom