Not this $#@! again | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Not this $#@! again

I believe the Big Ten's 2017 projection was $43 million in conference distribution based on 14 teams and projecting roughly 45-50 cents per sub in NYC, FWIW. That number included bowls, basketball fund as well as both tier-1 and tier-2 rights.

You seem like you're pretty plugged in to B1G affairs. Should the B1G go to 18 or 20, is SU in consideration?

I believe the Big Ten's 2017 projection was $43 million in conference distribution based on 14 teams and projecting roughly 45-50 cents per sub in NYC, FWIW. That number included bowls, basketball fund as well as both tier-1 and tier-2 rights.

For Rutgers, the decision was a no brainer: $5 to $6MM v. $25MM that the B1G gets now plus the expected increases.

Actually have friend in SC who told me this last nite...Apparently, the SC legislature is getting involved and doesn't want Clemson to be left out or stuck in 2nd tier ACC?? Who knows at this point as there is a rumor for every scenario?

What would the SC legislature do? The only reason VA had that power in 2003 was because Duke and UNC were voting no. If either of them voted yes, Mark Warner would have been powerless to VT being left out.

Will they kick the Gamecocks out of the state?

We are like Houston, SMU and UCF. The conference is over before we even arrive. This sucks.

"I read on the internet" that this wont be publicly announced until after the ACCCG is over. Of course, the internet is never wrong.

This is frustrating. I just want SU in a stable conference. With geography being thrown out the window - my dream would be Syracuse to the SEC. Commissioner Mike Slive is a Utica native, and attended Cuse games growing up.

"He also loves the football. Slive remembers being 16 years old at Archbold Stadium in Syracuse and watching Jim Brown trample rival Colgate for 43 points – six touchdowns and seven extra points. Slive was a high school quarterback until matriculating to Dartmouth, where he found that his size, skills and athleticism did not translate to college. So he transitioned to lacrosse for four years, but never lost his enjoyment of the gridiron. "

Never would fit culturally but hey, we can dream right?

What would the SC legislature do? The only reason VA had that power in 2003 was because Duke and UNC were voting no. If either of them voted yes, Mark Warner would have been powerless to VT being left out.

I have no idea what they will do as I am SU alum not Clemson. Just have a few friends who told me this had some legs. I really don't care how any of this shakes out as long as Cuse has a seat at the table.

Is McMurphy reporting it? No? Then there's probably nothing to it.

Gotta Love the B1G Superconference...

b1g_acc_raid.jpg

Is McMurphy reporting it? No? Then there's probably nothing to it.

Yeah, but we said the same thing about the Maryland rumor. Then in about a 5 second period, everyone was reporting it at the same time. So I won't dismiss anything anymore.

Except UConn to the B1G because that ain't happening (at least not until it happens).

Has anyone ever heard of the Deacon Report? Some sort of Wake Forest media site... Tweeting something a little on the ridiculous side that I wont share here unless someone else can vouch for them...not trying to be a dick but also not wanting to spread BS

I have no idea what they will do as I am SU alum not Clemson. Just have a few friends who told me this had some legs. I really don't care how any of this shakes out as long as Cuse has a seat at the table.
if the scarolina govt was getting involved, it would be on sportscenter right now. that shlit wouldnt stay quiet. some idiot politician would want 'his' name attached to it.

its bullspit.

Has anyone ever heard of the Deacon Report? Some sort of Wake Forest media site... Tweeting something a little on the ridiculous side that I wont share here unless someone else can vouch for them...not trying to be a dick but also not wanting to spread BS
I saw that too...1 follower but then again, that's how rumors like this often get started.

This is frustrating. I just want SU in a stable conference. With geography being thrown out the window - my dream would be Syracuse to the SEC. Commissioner Mike Slive is a Utica native, and attended Cuse games growing up.

"He also loves the football. Slive remembers being 16 years old at Archbold Stadium in Syracuse and watching Jim Brown trample rival Colgate for 43 points – six touchdowns and seven extra points. Slive was a high school quarterback until matriculating to Dartmouth, where he found that his size, skills and athleticism did not translate to college. So he transitioned to lacrosse for four years, but never lost his enjoyment of the gridiron. "

Never would fit culturally but hey, we can dream right?
and their COO is Greg Sankey (my pastor's son-in-law) who grew up between Skaneateles (go Lakers) and Auburn... and he loves the Orange.

and their COO is Greg Sankey (my pastor's son-in-law) who grew up between Skaneateles (go Lakers) and Auburn... and he loves the Orange.

That's wild. Convince them to go after the Northeast/New York market!

The next domino is either the Big XII blowing up or Notre Dame joining a conference. The SEC won't add ACC schools outside of NC State and VPI. UNC is the ACC and won't let State leave. The B1G isn't going to 16 unless they have completely given up on Notre Dame which would be stupid. People can claim the B1G will beyond 16 but it would completely destroy the brand and make absolutely no sense to create 2 conferences under 1 umbrella. I don't believe this rumor Ga. Tech is in a major city, but unless ND is the 16th B1G team it makes NO sense.

The only possibility is if the SEC really wants FSU and there is a block of votes from Fla, UGA, SC, UK due to those schools wanting to be the only SEC schools in their home states. If SC leaves that group then FSU has the votes to get in. But for SC to leave they want Clemson in as well. Still I put the likelihood of this being the case at 2%.

Yeah...certainly a unique spin on the Kansas and GT situations, with of course the other program mentioned lol

Can't believe they are saying SU is going back to a reconstituted BE.

Link?

The only possibility is if the SEC really wants FSU and there is a block of votes from Fla, UGA, SC, UK due to those schools wanting to be the only SEC schools in their home states. If SC leaves that group then FSU has the votes to get in. But for SC to leave they want Clemson in as well. Still I put the likelihood of this being the case at 2%.
No Kaiser is right if this was happening some Clemson grad who is in the State Legislature who wants to be Governor or Senate would be leaking this out and trying to get credit. Warner knew he wanted to be Senator one day so he leveraged UVA while he had the chance and it didn't cause backlash from UVA voters in VA. The SEC pool from the ACC is UNC, NC State, UVA, VPI I don't think any other ACC schools will be considered. Spurrier has gotten 3 Mr. South Carolina Football players in a row including Clowney and Lattimore because USC is the SEC and Clemson is the JV League he won't want to legitimatize Yabba Daba Dabo and Clemson and the governor of SC Nikki Haley is a So. Carolina alum she won't leverage on behalf on Clemson since So. Carolina is her alma mater.

The next domino is either the Big XII blowing up or Notre Dame joining a conference. The SEC won't add ACC schools outside of NC State and VPI.

Isn't that a conflicting statement?