Not this $#@! again | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Not this $#@! again

I like having GA Tech in the ACC but if them leaving also means KU leaving then I am all for it. If KU leaves then the B12 is open season. At that point if I am the ACC I offer Texas the ND deal. Texas gets to be semi Indy in FB (fills ego) and keep LHN. B1G would be at 16. ACC at 14/16 waiting for ND/Texas to one day join in full. SEC/P12 fight it out over OU/Okie St.
If I am Swofford this is your ideal situation. It destroys the Big 12 and keeps the ACC in the Big 4 and I would love Texas getting the the ND deal.

I like having GA Tech in the ACC but if them leaving also means KU leaving then I am all for it. If KU leaves then the B12 is open season. At that point if I am the ACC I offer Texas the ND deal. Texas gets to be semi Indy in FB (fills ego) and keep LHN. B1G would be at 16. ACC at 14/16 waiting for ND/Texas to one day join in full. SEC/P12 fight it out over OU/Okie St.
Atlanta is a city I'd like to have in the ACC. I've had a lot of fun there and was looking forward to future visits. I'd hate to see GT leave.

Another $50M to be split between ACC schools...we aren't even in the ACC yet and already making money!! Nice!! So that is what $100+M to be split among 12/13 schools?

We need an SU fan to create the twitter handle DudeofSU and just make up stupid crap and become a stupidly known fan on the internet cause the DudeofCU is now saying Clemson to the SEC for 2014. This chit is getting ridiculous. DudeofSU is reporting Syracuse in talks to join the Pac-12 cause Dr. Gross contacts or some stupid chit like that.
Actually have friend in SC who told me this last nite...Apparently, the SC legislature is getting involved and doesn't want Clemson to be left out or stuck in 2nd tier ACC?? Who knows at this point as there is a rumor for every scenario?

We need an SU fan to create the twitter handle DudeofSU and just make up stupid crap and become a stupidly known fan on the internet cause the DudeofCU is now saying Clemson to the SEC for 2014. This chit is getting ridiculous. DudeofSU is reporting Syracuse in talks to join the Pac-12 cause Dr. Gross contacts or some stupid chit like that.

Sounds like you just elected yourself. Great idea--go for it!

How mnay $50 million departure fees would it take to get Notre Dame (if we gave them all of it) ;)

Doesn't Kansas make more $ in the big 12?

Not even close. The B1G pays out more than $5MM more right now. With Rutgers and Maryland, the payout is estimated to jump to $35-$100MM. Adding GATech and Kansas would not hurt.

Wouldn't surprise me if the 247 sports network leaked this info to boost subscription sales.
They just were taken up by CBS yesterday.

I just don't see GT in the B1G. They are not a good fit at all. Even worse than MD and RU. Also, GA is not contiguous to any B1G states.

Delaney and B1G have plainly stated there is no rule on contiguous states.

Not even close. The B1G pays out more than $5MM more right now. With Rutgers and Maryland, the payout is estimated to jump to $35-$100MM. Adding GATech and Kansas would not hurt.

Really: only 100 million: any source you can share?

Oh grow up. The B1G is NOT going to be making payments of $100MM per team. This is absolute BS. Do you even know what the BTN carries?? Hint: It's not live Ohio State-Michigan football games.

I just don't see GT in the B1G. They are not a good fit at all. Even worse than MD and RU. Also, GA is not contiguous to any B1G states.

Clearly agree in not being a good fit...talk about a fish out of water...the yellow jackets would be a wasp without its stinger. :noidea:

Oh grow up. The B1G is NOT going to be making payments of $100MM per team. This is absolute BS. Do you even know what the BTN carries?? Hint: It's not live Ohio State-Michigan football games.

I agree that the BTN will probably be far from the $100MM, that is their claim, though, $35MM to $100MM, not mine. Besides, my point still stands that the B1G pays more than the Big 12.

Hint: I know that the BTN does not show Michigan-OSU. B1G fans don't care, they watch it anyway and because of the wonders of cable, they get paid whether other people watch it or not.

Actually have friend in SC who told me this last nite...Apparently, the SC legislature is getting involved and doesn't want Clemson to be left out or stuck in 2nd tier ACC?? Who knows at this point as there is a rumor for every scenario?

Left out of what?

The thing Delaney needs to be careful about is giving Texas, and Notre Dame more of a reason to team up. With one stroke they could kill all expansion for the immediate future. Boston College and Georgia Tech move to Big 10, leaves 12 in ACC. At that time Texas, Notre Dame, Oklahoma, Oklahoma St, Texas Tech, Connecticut to ACC, LHN becomes the ACC network. Even with Rutgers, Maryland, Georgia Tech, Boston College, ACC has a better chance at getting their network on Carriers in all the major cities. Notre Dame along with the others would outdraw anything from the Big 10.

I call BS the B1G is NOT going to fill up before ND is available grabbing Ga. Tech and somebody else fills the B1G up at 16 and basically gives ND to the ACC eventually which would not be Delany's ultimate end game. I don't believe this rumor one bit remember ND is the last CROWN jewel available if you fill up your conference at 16 then that crown jewel is going to go elsewhere.

The Big Ten isn't stopping at 16 for the right teams.

that is their claim, though, $35MM to $100MM, not mine.

There is a huge (MONUMENTAL) difference between $35m and $100m...

Think of it in your own salary. Big difference between making $35K per year and making $100K per year, right.

The B1G is basically saying "we have no friggin clue how much we can make per school per year".

They can't change name anymore. Too much brand already built, plus they have a TV network with that name.

Plus everyone knows who the "big ten" are, the rest are their punching bags there for TV markets.

Really: only 100 million: any source you can share?

The number comes from cable carriage rates in NJ and MD. The low ends is around $35MM the high end around $100MM and assumes a good share of the NYC market.

http://www.crainsdetroit.com/articl...-financially-benefit-big-ten-and-its-schools#

The above is just one site. I have read several other articles with the same numbers.

http://www.dailytargum.com/news/bar...cle_687f5038-3855-11e2-8777-0019bb30f31a.html

Dennis Dodds points out that the per subscriber rate can go up OUTSIDE the B1G footprint, too:

http://www.cbssports.com/collegefootball/blog/college-football-rapidreports/21030684

I don't think the BTN tops everything out, but this clearly indicates that ESPN is hoarding a lot of cash.

There is a huge (MONUMENTAL) difference between $35m and $100m...

Think of it in your own salary. Big difference between making $35K per year and making $100K per year, right.

The B1G is basically saying "we have no friggin clue how much we can make per school per year".

Agreed, but I think the $35MM is the bottom and the reality is it will be north of that. $100MM is the high watermark and only attainable if the per subscriber rate gets the same increase as the BTN gets in their core states.

I believe the Big Ten's 2017 projection was $43 million in conference distribution based on 14 teams and projecting roughly 45-50 cents per sub in NYC, FWIW. That number included bowls, basketball fund as well as both tier-1 and tier-2 rights.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom