Notre Dame Game Day Thread | Page 40 | Syracusefan.com

Notre Dame Game Day Thread

We look bad in all facet's of the game. Still a great season. We have no chance coming back.
The D doesn’t look bad at all.
They gave up a TD on a short field to start the game.
Dungey threw a pick to our 17 and they held them to 3.
They gave up 70 yards and held them to 3.
They had a goal line stand.
Taj Harris had a pass turned into a pick and they got it down to our 10 and the D gave up the TD.
This D has played well.
Offense is sucking pure and simple.

I think had ED not gotten hurt we would have seen a run heavy offense. actually running pretty well with the RBs. crossed the 50 4 times and stalled out. TD wont save plays like Ed did. still Harris doesnt give up the pass or Johnson holds the TD is a 1 score game.

We needed Eric’s mobility today. Oh well.
I don't think it's completely DeVito .. our receivers are having trouble getting separation. Our fastest guy is probably Harris .. he's not getting much separation - guy's right in his jersey. There's no place to throw. We should be running the ball more to open things up .. but it's hard when you're behind. About every disaster that can happen has happened. Hopefully we'll get a slice of Irish luck in the second half.

Obviously our future looks great but you can’t be in the middle of a turnaround and get curbstomped in the biggest game of the day. I’m sorry, you can’t.

These types of one step forward, two steps back rebuilds are so fickle, and this is an absolute embarrassment for everyone to see.

Watch eyes roll all around CFB if we get Gameday against Clemson next year.
yeah you can. You see it all the time. Team on the rise is crushed and comes back the next year and they all say that was a learning experience.

We need to pound it on the ground. Can’t just throw it every play.

1542489735552.png

Notre Dame looked like they were playing to make the CFP playoff to play for a National Championship.

We look like we were better prepared to play a baseball game in Yankee Stadium

I don't think it's completely DeVito .. our receivers are having trouble getting separation. Our fastest guy is probably Harris .. he's not getting much separation. There's no place to throw. We should be running the ball more to open things up .. but it's hard when you're behind. About every disaster that can happen has happened. Hopefully we'll get a slice of Irish luck in the second half.
I feel for TD...this is not on him. It's a scheme problem. FYI, Harris is no where near our fastest WR. ND is really good.

The plays are there to be made, we’re just shooting ourselves over and over. Taj burnt the corner but tommy underthrew it and it gets picked by the safety, if we can start executing we can get back in this. Can’t get any worse than those 30 minutes we just watched.

yeah you can. You see it all the time. Team on the rise is crushed and comes back the next year and they all say that was a learning experience.

See 1998 Miami at the Carrier Dome. That beatdown was heavily featured in the second version of “The U” as a learning experience for a very young team that would grow into one of the best teams of all time in the coming years.

Notre Dame looked like they were playing to make the CFP playoff to play for a National Championship.

We look like we were better prepared to play a baseball game in Yankee Stadium

Can we challenge them to a home run derby to determine the winner?

I’m more speaking to perception and our fragile rebuild on the fan base.

Defense is playing good enough to win. The offense needs to come alive. If our offense played today like they played Clemson, this game is not the same.

If the offense decides to play from the same script, the game could be entertaining.

ND defense is... like... really good
Umm
That’s about it

If we can get points early in the 3rd we can make this a game. Have faith. Worst possible half we could have played but I feel like we make this competitive. We could be down a lot more. Stay the course, run early and let’s get on the board and see what happens.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseEagle8

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom