Notre Dame Game Day Thread | Page 42 | Syracusefan.com

Notre Dame Game Day Thread

Devito doesn’t have a good feel for what’s happening around him. He isn’t very elusive. Seems a little nonchalant.
He's starring down his receivers. He's got time. On that last drive he had Riley on an underneath route wide open. Never looked his way.

Need to feed Moe and get Jarveon in the game. Save Strick for the redzone.

Agreed. We’ve gotten some big holes. Need guys who can potentially take one to the house or close in there IMO. Running the ball effectively with a real possibility of popping a big play. Strick is not going to break a big one in all likelihood.

This whole "Cuse in the City" weekend? Hard Pass.
It’s performances like these that drive away fans from traveling. Just a putrid performance from both the basketball and football teams. Just putrid. They should be ashamed.

For as bad as we have played it's only 20-0. Defense has given up some yards, but if it weren't for the offensive gifting ND 10 points it's a great showing. Offense needs to figure it out. Worst they have looked offensively under Babers.

And man, we were inches from that TD pass. I’d already jumped up thinking it was 6 when it was in his hands. Damn.

If you believe the 2nd half line is Cuse +3.5 O/U 27

Well, that was a frustrating first half. We started putting together a couple of solid drives and stalled out between the 50 and 35 every time. One was the Nykiem Johnson TD drop after Dungey was injured (where he was probably interfered on) and another was the Taj Harris drop that was picked off. Two huge momentum changers that both resulted in ND points on their ensuing drives. We've got to clean up the mistakes, we can't play that sloppy against a team of Notre Dame's caliber.

I'm sure it has been said but we could easily be down 35-0 so it being 20-0 isn't the worst thing. It is not going to be easily to makea20 point come back against a team with a quarterback as accurate and a running game as solid as ND. I'm holding out hope. Even though we are down, we need to run the ball because it's what has been working. They are getting pressure rushing 4 so the slow developing plays haven't really worked.

I wouldn't be shocked if Dungey comes back in but I dn't think he should. A back injury is such a difficult one to deal with and won't get any better by toughing it out. I think Devito should play the rest of the way and hopefully the half will give him some time to settle and prepare, which he didn't have in the first. The Clark Lea Notre Dame defense is legit so we have our work cut out for us.

Lastly, I loathe our third and long defensive calls. We sit back and let them throw the ball short in the middle and they scamper fora first every time. It happened last week and Notre Dame has exploited it three times. It looks like the defense is pressing more at the end of the half, which we need to do because Brook can dink it short all day over us. We have to take the risk of the deep ball to stop the slow drives where he picks us apart. The defense has held enough considering they have been left in some very bad positions.

Go ORANGE! Let's come out firing on all cylinders to start the half!

This ND D is REALLY good
But I can’t imagine they’re better than clemson. We moved on clemson
Gotta just get in a flow
Clemson has 4 first round picks up front.ndis good but this is putrid offense.

2 big plays from being in this game. The Johnson TD drop and the Harris drop that turned into an INT. Those go the other way and we played ND well. Got to make those plays if we want to beat the #3 team in the nation.

For as bad as we have played it's only 20-0. Defense has given up some yards, but if it weren't for the offensive gifting ND 10 points it's a great showing. Offense needs to figure it out. Worst they have looked offensively under Babers.
You are correct. It should be 35-0. But I see no indication that will make the second half any different. We could be looking at a 55-0 type drubbing if we don’t wake up.

Remember, ND wants to leave no doubt about a CFP spot. Drubbing us by as much as possible is entirely in their best interests

NDs pass coverage and pass rush have been really impressive. 35 yards passing. We can’t block them and when we do they blanket us.

Theyre a legit playoff team. Remember they beat Michigan - ya know the other playoff team - 24-17 and held them to 300 yards. Instead of pointing out our warts I’ll just tip my cap to a really good team.

It’s performances like these that drive away fans from traveling. Just a putrid performance from both the basketball and football teams. Just putrid. They should be ashamed.
It’s posts like these that drives me away from the board... we are 10 point dogs, lost our qb in the first series and are still within striking distance yet this is a putrid performance that outweighs everything else this team, picked to be last in the ACC, did to get ranked #12 in the country? Got it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseEagle8

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom