Notre Dame Game Thread... | Page 18 | Syracusefan.com

Notre Dame Game Thread...

I took a lot of heat during the summer for saying this team was not an NCAA tournament team. I said they'd be lucky to make the NIT. Don't get me wrong, I WANT them to make the tournament, but didn't see it then, and I don't see it now. Very very disappointing loss against a ND team without their top two players. BAD BAD LOSS. :(

Most of us were saying it wasn't an NCAA team.

Last few possessions of ours players just stood around while one guy touched and dribbled the ball. On the final Battle debacle why run the clock down so long? There was no chance at an offensive rebound even if Battle got the shot up

We didn't run it down LONG enough. That's why we lost. There was a 4 second difference but again, when you have the freaking ball with a chance to get the last shot of a half or a game DO NOT LET THEM GET IT A CHANCE.

Battle was going to pull up. He could have waited longer. If the turnover comes, it's a much closer play the other way.

We still cannot close halves. It's sad.

A team that had no room for error just buried their NCAA hopes with these last two losses. Not good enough to overcome a 1-4 ACC start. I was going to come back to the school in February for UNC, I'm saving that money and investing it into some crypto currency.

Agree. Most of us were HOPING that a miracle would occur and the team would sneak into the tournament. SU choked and lost 2 very winnable games against Wake and ND. ND shoots 30%, 24% from 3 and wins??? What did Boeheim say to the team at halftime? This game was lost in the first few minutes of the 2nd half.

JB did say the offense was the problem in the presser. Will we change anything though?

JB did say the offense was the problem in the presser. Will we change anything though?
What can be changed? Brissett was 0-8 inside the arc. And that is the strong part of his game. Dolezaj can't shoot. Moyer can't shoot. Chukwu has a problem even catching the ball, let alone shooting it. Team shot only 6 FTs. Pathetic.

We didn't run it down LONG enough. That's why we lost. There was a 4 second difference but again, when you have the freaking ball with a chance to get the last shot of a half or a game DO NOT LET THEM GET IT A CHANCE.

Battle was going to pull up. He could have waited longer. If the turnover comes, it's a much closer play the other way.

We still cannot close halves. It's sad.
SU couldn’t take the final shot because their was a 4 second difference in the shot clock and game clock. Howard didn’t lose the ball on the last possession, it was Battle. The ball just slipped out of his hands. ND never touched the ball.

Why not call a TO and draw up a play? Instead we settle for Battle dribbling into traffic and getting stripped?!?! Awful!
I asked the same question in the chat room. I was told that JB doesn’t want the D to get set up. Really.

I took a lot of heat during the summer for saying this team was not an NCAA tournament team. I said they'd be lucky to make the NIT. Don't get me wrong, I WANT them to make the tournament, but didn't see it then, and I don't see it now. Very very disappointing loss against a ND team without their top two players. BAD BAD LOSS. :(
Who exactly gave you grief. Most here thought we would have a difficult time keeping our winning record streak intact.

Anyone ask Boeheim why Moyer hardly played? Marek was getting pushed around by the brawnier/heavier ND front line. We could have used Moyer's bulk under the boards. But I guess he committed some cardinal sin early and was banished to the doghouse.

Anyone ask Boeheim why Moyer hardly played? Marek was getting pushed around by the brawnier/heavier ND front line. We could have used Moyer's bulk under the boards. But I guess he committed some cardinal sin early and was banished to the doghouse.

Moyer was just as bad. It's a lose lose. He got the hook after jump passing which ended up being a jump ball.

I asked the same question in the chat room. I was told that JB doesn’t want the D to get set up. Really.
They don’t have to set up for our offense just wait for us to blow it again and again and again

My question too. I could understand if Dolezaj was playing well other than rebounding but he wasn't.

absolutely and it begins with jb and attitude.

Nah. Begins with young players that need to develop their skills and games.

Only one of these guys would start on any of our 2009-2016 teams.

I love Brissett, but it's maddening to watch him continue to miss shots within 10 feet. Let me reiterate that I love his effort and rebounding, but his shooting is a real problem!

I love Brissett, but it's maddening to watch him continue to miss shots within 10 feet. Let me reiterate that I love his effort and rebounding, but his shooting is a real problem!

He can't shoot. He's allergic to the mid range shot. How many did he pass up today while settling for threes?

Actually I did a poll after we got
Who exactly gave you grief. Most here thought we would have a difficult time keeping our winning record streak intact.

I did run a poll and 2/3 said we would make the tournament... so far more thought we we in than out. As for calling people out, I don't do that. It's a valuable lesson that a less than positive viewpoint isn't always negative, but sometimes realistic or accurate.

Actually I did a poll after we got

I did run a poll and 2/3 said we would make the tournament... so far more thought we we in than out. As for calling people out, I don't do that. It's a valuable lesson that a less than positive viewpoint isn't always negative, but sometimes realistic or accurate.

Look at the iggy predictions when we knew exactly who was on the roster. Whatever, you're the board genius.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom