Notre Dame Game Thread... | Page 19 | Syracusefan.com

Notre Dame Game Thread...

I asked the same question in the chat room. I was told that JB doesn’t want the D to get set up. Really.
He has never done that in his 42 years. It's just his philosophy - don't let the D get set up.

Look at the iggy predictions when we knew exactly who was on the roster. Whatever, you're the board genius.

I did two polls. I did one when we were still in the running for Tucker and Ayala, and hadn't landed Dolejaz or Thorpe. Then I did another after the roster was finalized.

The only point I'm trying to make is that not every perceived negative viewpoint is truly negative... sometimes this board can be overly optimistic and unrealistic. Peace.

I did two polls. I did one when we were still in the running for Tucker and Ayala, and hadn't landed Dolejaz or Thorpe. Then I did another after the roster was finalized.

The only point I'm trying to make is that not every perceived negative viewpoint is truly negative... sometimes this board can be overly optimistic and unrealistic. Peace.

Well thank goodness we have you around to keep everyone under control and also post 200 times about Elijah Hughes.

He has never done that in his 42 years. It's just his philosophy - don't let the D get set up.
I get it. Just thought that the way we were playing that ...maybe, ... he could try it. Especially with a chance to win? Try something different?

Well thank goodness we have you around to keep everyone under control and also post 200 times about Elijah Hughes.

Really? Wow. I haven't posted about Hughes in months. I hope he's a star. Talk about holding a grudge. Yikes.

I get it. Just thought that the way we were playing that ...maybe, ... he could try it. Especially with a chance to win? Try something different?
You know that old saying about the same thing over and over and expecting a different result? :D

I have no running water and heat most of the day (correction, now 24+ hours). Frozen pipes and electrical. I'm wearing a big Russian hat indoors. I like these guys. Believe it or not, they still fight. It's not over.

I have no running water and heat most of the day (correction, now 24+ hours). Frozen pipes and electrical. I'm wearing a big Russian hat indoors. I like these guys. Believe it or not, they still fight. It's not over.
Dang. No heat? Frozen electric? How?

Moyer was just as bad. It's a lose lose. He got the hook after jump passing which ended up being a jump ball.
great one mistake and gone---great coaching

Nah. Begins with young players that need to develop their skills and games.

Only one of these guys would start on any of our 2009-2016 teams.
the players are not great for sure, but neither is jb's coaching. he is throwing everyone under the bus but himself. quite frankly this has grown wearisome and to me seems counterproductive. jb does not have an edge anymore, just complains.

1. Sweet Sixteen or better
    20 vote(s)
    44.4%

2. First round NCAA Tournament Exit
    12 vote(s)
    26.7%
  3. *
    NIT Bound
    13 vote(s)
    28.9%

4. Sub .500 and miss the NIT
    0 vote(s)
    0.0%
These are the results of the poll after the roster was set. I was actually a little off when I said 2/3 predicted making the NCAA Tournament. It was 70%! And 44% had us in the sweet sixteen or better.

I guess there is still time to make a run, but now that teams have figured out that we have only 3 guys who can score, I don't see it happening. Hope I'm wrong.

1. Sweet Sixteen or better
    20 vote(s)
    44.4%

2. First round NCAA Tournament Exit
    12 vote(s)
    26.7%
  3. *
    NIT Bound
    13 vote(s)
    28.9%

4. Sub .500 and miss the NIT
    0 vote(s)
    0.0%
These are the results of the poll after the roster was set. I was actually a little off when I said 2/3 predicted making the NCAA Tournament. It was 70%! And 44% had us in the sweet sixteen or better.

I guess there is still time to make a run, but now that teams have figured out that we have only 3 guys who can score, I don't see it happening. Hope I'm wrong.

Come gloat in March. There’s at least 16 games left.

Come gloat in March. There’s at least 16 games left.

I'm not gloating. I was pointing out that every time someone paints a less than rosey picture they become a target, and labeled negative.

My preference is to be wrong. I'd much rather have a tournament team. But sometimes this board needs a dose of reality. Go Orange!!!!!

You've pegged me wrong. I'm not gloating. I was pointing out that every time someone paints a less than rosey picture they become a target, and labeled negative.

My preference is to be wrong. I'd much rather have a tournament team. But sometimes this board needs a dose of reality. Go Orange!!!!!

Everybody here is already miserable. How is this a dose of reality? Some don’t think we will win again.

Everybody here is already miserable. How is this a dose of reality? Some don’t think we will win again.

I guess you'd have to walk a mile in my shoes to understand. The way I see it, if I deliver the dose of reality before the season, I'm negative. If I say it after the losing starts I'm gloating. So essentially there is not a time when the dose of reality is ever appropriate? It is a frustrating board at times. I sincerely hope the guys can turn it around because I love SU hoops, FAR more than popularity on a message board.

I do think we will win again, BTW. ;)

I guess you'd have to walk a mile in my shoes to understand. The way I see it, if I deliver the dose of reality before the season, I'm negative. If I say it after the losing starts I'm gloating. So essentially there is not a time when the dose of reality is ever appropriate? It is a frustrating board at times. I sincerely hope the guys can turn it around because I love SU hoops, FAR more than popularity on a message board.

I’m not good by your poll. In the Iggy awards a lot of people predicted a rough season. We’ve already surpassed some people’s win projections yet they’re still complaining.

Sounds like there may have been a poll that I didn't see. Can you share the link to the poll you're referencing? Here is mine:

Follow Up Poll: Predict Syracuse 2017-2018 Success

It's the official preseason poll that the board does every year. It's tacked to the top of the board. Many people predicted NIT, including myself, yet you're the only one bragging about the dose of reality you delivered before the season and wanting a pat on the back.

It's the official preseason poll that the board does every year. It's tacked to the top of the board. Many people predicted NIT, including myself, yet you're the only one bragging about the dose of reality you delivered before the season and wanting a pat on the back.

I asked for no such pat on the back. I could care less about recognition. Anyone that truly knows me, knows that. I'm asking that when anyone posts against the popular consensus that they aren't automatically labeled negative. I happen to think you're typically a good poster on this board most of the time. Keep throwing me under the bus if you want, I guess.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom