Now we know when the full Dome will be used | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Now we know when the full Dome will be used

True. But another way to look at is $7M/yr > $0M/yr.

Just saying.

Pretty much sums it up. Want your opinion to matter more to Syracuse? Donate money to the university.

Peeving off your long time donors/season ticket holders to give folks that don't donate a dime or buy season tickets an opportunity to get into a high demand game is a really stupid business decision. Which is why it won't happen.

Last edited:
BE will have an even number of teams by them. In order to free up Georgetown, they would have to force another BE team to remain idle for the last weekend.
I think it could be arranged. Duke played at St. John's in February for Coach K's 1K win and Duke played during their "bye" weekend from the ACC and the Big East gave 1 team the weekend off so St. John's could host Duke. In 2018 if the Big East gave DePaul the last weekend off and let Georgetown end the season @ Syracuse they would be doing the right thing for the game and I think its possible it could get done to respect JB and the rivalry and go out the right way.

I think it could be arranged. Duke played at St. John's in February for Coach K's 1K win and Duke played during their "bye" weekend from the ACC and the Big East gave 1 team the weekend off so St. John's could host Duke. In 2018 if the Big East gave DePaul the last weekend off and let Georgetown end the season @ Syracuse they would be doing the right thing for the game and I think its possible it could get done to respect JB and the rivalry and go out the right way.

OOPS

Georgetown will host the Orange at Verizon Center during the 2015-16 and 2017-18 seasons, and the Hoyas will visit the Carrier Dome in 2016-17 and 2018-19. Exact dates have not been set.

http://espn.go.com/mens-college-bas...own-hoyas-syracuse-orange-rivalry-resume-2015

OOPS

Georgetown will host the Orange at Verizon Center during the 2015-16 and 2017-18 seasons, and the Hoyas will visit the Carrier Dome in 2016-17 and 2018-19. Exact dates have not been set.

http://espn.go.com/mens-college-bas...own-hoyas-syracuse-orange-rivalry-resume-2015
Exact dates have not been set I think they could switch the last games if SU and Gtown wanted to do so. This still doesn't change the fact we could play a nonconference game the last home game if the ACC gave us a bye the last weekend.

that is going to be one tough ticket, especially for the good seats. One would think the AD is going to have to find 100+ seats just for former players who will want to attend.

the after party is going to be off the hook, especially if he goes out a winner.

No, but I don't think Georgetown will either.

Honestly, Villanova's been a much bigger rival than georgetown for almost 2 decades now.

i disagree

So what?

Just saying.

Agreed

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Means more than the guy on his couch. By a WIDE margin.

We've got 3 years to build an aircraft carrier on Onondaga Lake to host this game.

They've already started!!!!

image.jpg

Um, no.
Um yeah. Far more enthusiasm for games vs Nova, far more fans in the seats. The Gtown rivalry started heating up again due to Syracuse's coming departure from the conference, otherwise it was pretty dead for years and years.

For Boeheim's last game ideally it'd be Georgetown because thats been his, and many of the users on here, lifetime rivals.

For the 21st century I'd say our rivalries moved on to the direction of Uconn, Nova and Pittsburgh. I'm not attacking anyone that's just my opinion, go ahead and argue, but I really just don't see it anymore.

Edit: Even moreso Louisville as well. But f 'em.

If this is the case, the last home game of JB's career will be against Duke. Not gonna schedule a non conference game at the end of march. kinda obvious

Trueblue25 said:
Um yeah. Far more enthusiasm for games vs Nova, far more fans in the seats. The Gtown rivalry started heating up again due to Syracuse's coming departure from the conference, otherwise it was pretty dead for years and years. For Boeheim's last game ideally it'd be Georgetown because thats been his, and many of the users on here, lifetime rivals. For the 21st century I'd say our rivalries moved on to the direction of Uconn, Nova and Pittsburgh. I'm not attacking anyone that's just my opinion, go ahead and argue, but I really just don't see it anymore.

Why don't you do a poll on whose been a bigger rival the past 20 years. You'd lose.,

Why don't you do a poll on whose been a bigger rival the past 20 years. You'd lose.,

Seems to be a large portion of the older demographic on this site. I'd probably lose due to sheer leftover spite for G Town.

Seen this discussed in multiple other threads, it's not really consensus that G Town is our biggest rival anymore.

You can make a poll if you'd like, I don't really care either way.

It'd be silly, in my opinion, to fill the dome. Way too many awful seats, and it does upset the season ticket holders who have helped support the program and JAB for so long. It'd be aesthetically pleasing and a media hit, but I think for that game we appease JB and keep it traditional.

On another note though, I think it's a little much to say that the season ticket holders are the only ones who really support the program. Money talks, but you can't put a price on bleeding orange. I appreciate all the season ticket holders, and hope someday I can be one myself, but there are other big orange supporters out there as well who help the program in their own ways.

Trueblue25 said:
Seems to be a large portion of the older demographic on this site. I'd probably lose due to sheer leftover spite for G Town. Seen this discussed in multiple other threads, it's not really consensus that G Town is our biggest rival anymore. You can make a poll if you'd like, I don't really care either way.

The numerous other rival discussions has been between Gtown and Ucon. Not Nova. You'd lose big time. Even the under 21 vote would say Ucon, not Nova.

The numerous other rival discussions has been between Gtown and Ucon. Not Nova. You'd lose big time. Even the under 21 vote would say Ucon, not Nova.

Maybe I'll make a thread later, seems like a lot to go back and forth about. But I have no idea if it'd be beating a dead horse. Regardless of whose more of a legitimate rival, I still strongly dislike all three teams.

There are mostly bad seats at the Final 4. Always full. Lots of bad seats at the Super Bowl. Sell outs. Bad seats at Fenway. Sell outs.

Its an event, not just a game.

I think I'd sit in a pee trough just to be there..

Capt. Tuttle said:
There are mostly bad seats at the Final 4. Always full. Lots of bad seats at the Super Bowl. Sell outs. Bad seats at Fenway. Sell outs. Its an event, not just a game.

But none of those seats are occupied by long time donors who give 100's or 1,000's every year. Apples and Oranges.

I just don't think JB would want 95% of his $$$ supporters to sit in far lesser seats for his finale. That's the way he is.

Reactions: cto
But none of those seats are occupied by long time donors who give 100's or 1,000's every year. Apples and Oranges.

I just don't think JB would want 95% of his $$$ supporters to sit in far lesser seats for his finale. That's the way he is.
I hate the idea of opening up the dome at this point. But I think if the program did it they'd only do it if they could find some way to accommodate the season ticket holders, because you're right they do matter.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom