NW Game Thread | Page 6 | Syracusefan.com

NW Game Thread

I was thinking the same damn thing, don't they know they have one of the best backs in the ACC? This is CRAYYYZEE

I wish it was just backs, but they have one of the best running back UNITS in the ACC and insist on not using them... And apparently the QB is also supposed to be a dual threat?

Why does every receiver seem to be 10 yards open on every single freaking play?

We really look like we're not even a BCS team or coaching staff. Clemson may beat us by 50.

This feels like a GRob era game where I watch the second half out of loyalty to SU, and not because it's providing me any tangible entertainment.

Syracuse offense is the Syracuse defense's worst enemy right now

How easy is out for these receivers to get behind our secondary? Crazy.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2

Series only looked better due to the better execution. The playcalling (back to back short passes, then a flare to Gulley on 3rd down, another deep ball attempt and zero establishing of the run) still leaves a lot to be desired, IMO.

I want the run established. Granted, it didn't work against Penn State. But Northwestern D-Line does not equal Penn State's D Line.

Strength of this team was always the running game. Yet, the OC is insisting on throwing the ball with a 1st year QB and below avg WR's. The WR's are good in space, but without the run game, they don't get space.
I agree. NW's DL isn't big. We *should* be able to push them back.

Honestly, it's too early to say for sure, but I think that we need a coach shakeup. I'm far from calling for HCSS's head, but I am not enthused with some of his picks for assistant coaches. We have a MAC coaching staff and we're playing like it.

Just got in, after spending day in Cooperstown. We're down 17-0, how bad are we?

Just.. Wow. I echo the OP. Hard to get fan support when you put a JV team with a middle school coaching staff on the field.

How easy is out for these receivers to get behind our secondary? Crazy.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2

But hey, at least they are wide open underneath too!

I fear what Clemson and FSU will do to us if we continue playing like this.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
whodatnatn

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom