NW Game Thread | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

NW Game Thread

Do we give receivers much more of a cushion than other teams or is it just my imagination?

I defended a lot of McDonald's play calls last week.

His plays calls in this 1st quarter have left a lot to be desired, IMO.
They aren't great, but the execution has been horrible. That said, the last series looked a lot better than what we were doing before.

Screen pass on 3rd and 9. Sweeeeet.

Not sold on Allen. He tends to go with the safe pass, which would be okay but he does it on third down. We need to move the chains and too often our QB decides to not take a chance down the field.

finally got some movement on offense. thats a positive
And it still resulted in a punt.

Guys, I know what the problem is - PTG got rid of his dreds. It's like cutting Samson's hair. His hair was the power for our whole team. Selfish move, PTG.

Remembering back to that stupid game where SU was flagged twice for players not having their knees covered...

There are multiple NW players with their pants a over their knees. Is it a rule? Or isn't it? Now I want to know.

Our offense looks terrible. 4 penalties already as well, or 5? I'm losing count.

PLay down the field ... I dare not say this but the offense is looking similar to the G Rob offense.

Allen has little to no time outside of the 3 step drop in fairness

They aren't great, but the execution has been horrible. That said, the last series looked a lot better than what we were doing before.

Series only looked better due to the better execution. The playcalling (back to back short passes, then a flare to Gulley on 3rd down, another deep ball attempt and zero establishing of the run) still leaves a lot to be desired, IMO.

I want the run established. Granted, it didn't work against Penn State. But Northwestern D-Line does not equal Penn State's D Line.

Strength of this team was always the running game. Yet, the OC is insisting on throwing the ball with a 1st year QB and below avg WR's. The WR's are good in space, but without the run game, they don't get space.

Throw the ball downfield christ what are we solvay, this is embarssing.
Hey GM may look like a kitten with yarn when he's looking for plays, however I don't see anyone eating cats.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk 4

Why like its Allen's fault the coaches can't call a game??? He has missed 1 throw other than that he has been are target.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - http://tapatalk.com/m/

because he is a 1 yr guy and if they are going to call it like this why not give the possible future qb a chance to start the next era?

Do we give receivers much more of a cushion than other teams or is it just my imagination?

See: Holt, Tory from NC St.

I know, no relevance to today but its driven me nuts for years with pass coverage.

44cuse

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseEagle8

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom